“Winery tour and wine tasting lunch”
Review of Life Italian Style

Life Italian Style
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Cannara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Horseback riding & winery tours, cooking classes, cycling in the countryside, local farm tours and personal chef service. Jennifer, a professional chef for over 15 years leads fun excursions for travelers to Umbria, all from an eno-gastronomical point of view!
Lafayette, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Winery tour and wine tasting lunch”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our traveling group of four adults spent a late morning/early afternoon at Terre Margaritelli to walk through the vineyard and have a wine tasting lunch. Jennifer was great to accommodate our group even though she had a much larger group already booked. We were fortunate to be able to watch Sangiovese grapes being pressed, as well as tasting the raw wine before it went into the fermentation tanks to mature. The tasting meal was outstanding with multiple tastes and textures to try with the wines (charcuterie, cheese, bread, lentil soup, sausage & grapes, fruit tart)...truly a wonderful afternoon. There are a wide range of activities that Jennifer offers, and I recommend contacting her well in advance as she will not likely remain a secret for long. I will definitely go out of my way to schedule a cooking class and try again for the horseback ride (poor weather prevented the horseback ride) the next time I am remotely close to Umbria (skipping it's neighbor to the West...which starts with a T)...it is so more quaint and less touristy which makes for a much richer experience.

Visited October 2012
Jennfier M, Owner at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks so much Mark!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Umbrian Feast!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was travelling with my husband and another couple and we asked Jennifer to come and cook a meal for us at our villa - it was fabulous! Not only was the food (and wine) great, but she was able to give us a lot of information about the history of the food as well. I wish we had called her sooner as it would have been a great introduction to Umbria so we would have understood a little bit more about what we were eating during the rest of our trip!

London, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Jennifer came to our villa and cooked us two amazing meals. True Italian food with local products, it was the icing on the cake for our perfect holiday.

Visited October 2012
Jennfier M, Owner at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you Emma!
San Francisco, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful Umbrian Fun!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My daughter and I had a fantastic experience with Jennifer. It has been a highlight of our trip to Umbria thus far. First, we enjoyed a leisurely ride on horses through the beautiful Terre Margaritelli vineyards. Then, Jennifer showed us how to make some simple yet delicious local fare. (She makes it all seem so simple, and is really skilled!) We learned to make Torta al Testo (Umbrian flat bread), Stringozzi (Umbrian pasta) with Caprese sauce, and Ricotta al Cacao with Marinated Peaches. After an informative tour of the winery given by her husband, Federico, we enjoyed our creations with delicious wine! My husband and son were thrilled to arrive just as we were finishing so they could taste the food and wine, too. Federico and Jennifer were lovely hosts and I would, and will, recommend this experience to everyone I know heading to Umbria.

Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Great group activity”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

While we were not able to do a cooking class with Jennifer, our group of 20+ spent a beautiful day at the winery. Federico gave us an interesting tour of the beautiful vineyards and winery, explaining how and why they make wine the way they do. We all learned quite a bit. The best part of course was tasting many of the wines as part of the wonderful al fresco lunch Jennifer had prepared for us. The day was unseasonably hot, but the long farm tables under a portico overlooking the vineyard could not have been more pleasant. We also skipped the horseback ride because of the heat, but having seen the location, I imagine it would be a sublime outing.

In the months leading up to our visit Jennifer was so helpful and responsive, helping to sort out all kinds of details. Not only the winery visit, but cooking classes, private dinners (which sadly didn't work out because we were staying too far away). She also suggested a local festival that ended up being one of the highlights of the trip. As the main planner of a week in Umbria for a group of 30, I could not have done it without her help!

Visited June 2012
Jennfier M, Owner at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thanks so much Nicole! You guys were a great group and it was my pleasure to help you - can't wait to see you back here!