Agriturismo Sant'Egle
Hotel della Fortezza(Sorano)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotel Scilla(Sovana)(Great Value!)
$117
  • Breakfast included
Sovana Hotel & Resort(Sovana)
$107
$96
$94
$106
Albergo Guastini(Pitigliano)
$83
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat placeolive oilone nightnatural swimming poola great staybeautiful sceneryslice of heavenenjoyed our stayyogurterikaproductsnatureagriturismodogscatsanthosts
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Thank you Erika and Alessandro.....what a wonderful and delightful inn. Located just outside the wonderful fortress town of Sorano, in the middle of a vineyard and farm land. It was a fabulous respite from a long day of scootering around Tuscany and Umbria on a vespa.
I had the five course meal they serve on the weekend and it was so delicious...they served all the wonderful things they make on their farm and of course I had to purchase one everything which added to my already overstuffed luggage!thing. Saffron cheese with a taste of Zucchini/ginger type chutney....I think I gained many pounds on the one meal.
The room was so spacious and one night I even left my door open to hear the night sounds....it was wonderful...owls, crickets or whatever those noises were .....it took me back to my days on the farm.
They were so helpful in getting me to my bus to get to Rome...it was saffron picking time and they took the time to drive me to Pitigliano to the bus early one morning. Wonderful place to stay with really beautiful hosts.
Thank you again for making my stay and my 61st birthday a real celebration for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We found this lovely agriturismo by chance just seen a sign that said 'frutta e verdura' and we decided to go and check it out! The couple is very sweet and the place just stunning. They grow only organic and they are also certified! Worth for staying, for eating or just for bio-shopping!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed there for two nights in october. Great friendly service, beautiful house and surroundings, very good breakfast, comfortable beds, everything was clean and up to standards! Wish we had spent more days at this place, will definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our stay at Sant'Egle was amazing. Their home made liquors and locally sourced meal were delicious. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

For those going, I recommend coming on a Friday or Saturday to enjoy their home cooked meal. And spend a day relaxing on the farm, hiking Tuscany, or driving to the many fascinating medieval villages that are nearby. Something for everyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at Sant'Egle for 3 nights with our 2 children... and really regret that our visit was so short.

First and foremost, Erika and Alessandro are 2 extremely good hosts; there is always someone present to answer questions and they provide many helpful tips on how to visit this very nice region (that is not that well known to tourists visiting Tuscany). By the way, staying at Sant'Egle entitles you to reduced prices for a series of local visits, such as the Etruscan necropole close to Sovana and the vie cave which can be found at various sites close to Sant'Egle.
Besides their hospitality, they are also extremely efficient, as we were able to discover within the first seconds after our arrival with our dying dog in our arms. After a few phone calls, they managed to find a veterinarian for us on a Sunday afternoon in August, and Alessandro actually drove us there himself (almost an hour's drive on difficult roads unknown to us) and stayed with us, on his own precious time, until our dog's condition improved thanks to treatment.

Secondly, the accomodation itself: the house (400 years old?) and rooms are beautiful. We stayed in the Piccioni room. The decoration is warm and has been chosen with taste. There is a small fridge in the room containing several local products (organic apple juice, beer, dried sausage), and which is very convenient to store excellent local produce bought in Pitigliano for example, to eat as a noon picnic in the garden at one of the tables made available to guests. As for the garden, it is absolutely magical: there are a series of spots to sit or lie down down, each with their own charm. The material used is simple and natural: no bright-colored plastic chairs here... just wood, hay, metal, cloth, cane etc. Each spot has a different view, for example on the grape vine, or towards the more distant horizon with a wheat field. Some spots are in the sun, others in the shade. We didn't have enough time to test each spot... too bad.
For those who are interested, there is a TV in the room... we forgot to turn it on... even the children. There is also wifi.
Breakfast is served in a pleasant well-decorated room; every morning there are fruit jams and conserves produced at sant'Egle (and which can be purchased in a little shop in a separate room), and excellent cakes (although I assume it is the case, I forgot to ask Erika if she makes them herself), in addition to cereal, bread, and very nice yoghurt. Given what we tasted for breakfast, we regret we were not there on a weekend when Erika cooks dinner... it must be excellent, and this is actually an excellent excuse for going back to Sant'Egle one day! You can also buy various fresh organic vegetables.

Another thing we appreciated at Sant'Egle and that we have already experienced at rare other farms where we have stayed in the past is that Erika promotes local producers, artists etc... products from neighboring farms like apple juice and beer can be bought. She was preparing to expose paintings made by a Florentine artist in the breakfast-room. We saw a program for concerts/representations that take place in the garden during the summer.
This is not an agriturismo... it's an ART DE VIVRE that we should all take a lesson from.

I'm sure I have forgotten some things about sant'Egle that are worth noting... not to mention all there is to visit in the region: Pitigliano is beautiful and this is an authentic town not only for tourists, Sorano Baths, Sovana with it's etruscan necropolis and museum, the lago di bolsena not far away, the vie cave with beautiful walks in the woods, Saturnia Baths are breath-taking, etc etc. Horse stables nearby. Bikes available at sant'Egle of you don't take your own to visit the surroundings.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends