“Excellant hotel”
Review of AS Hotel Dei Giovi

AS Hotel Dei Giovi
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cesano Maderno
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Once again we had an excellant stay here , Rooms clean, food excellant and staff were excellant. We love this hotel and it was our 2nd visit and would highly recommend it to our friends. The food is of the highest quality, and the staff some of the friendliest and most helpfull.
Thanks you all once again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is at a good location to visit the area if you are driving. Como, Lecco, lago magiore, Milan, are all within 35 minutes drive and after a day out you will find a clean hotel with good welcoming staff and ample space for parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichaelBonnici
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here to attend a family wedding in the area. We booked a suite which was fantastic and excellent value for money. The Suite was large with a separate seating area/bedroom and a spacious bathroom with jacuzzi bath - perfect.

We had a view of the back of the hotel - this looks onto the motel side of things. There were quite a lot of comings and goings here but I can honestly say that this did not bother us one bit and in fact were more intrigued than anything!

The food in the restaurant was great, and the barmen were fantastic. Once they go to know us, the service was amazing - such friendly people. Sadly on the Sunday night of our stay (3rd June) it was different bar staff on. We tried to go through to the restaurant to be told it was closed due to a private party. This is a bit annoying as there is nowhere local to go to by foot. We were told we could order from the room service menu and eat this in the bar. This is what we did as we had no other option...the bar lady was not happy at all with this arrangement, nor was her manager. They loudly slammed doors and cupboards to express their fury. Worst still, we could hear our food being microwaved in the back (again doors were slammed) yet this food still came out half cold. My partner ended up leaving most of his as it was truly awful.

it was a very disappointing end to our stay...the Reception Service, Bar and restaurant service had been great up until that point. The food was terrible on this final night which was also disappointing when we had enjoyed it so much the previous few days. What was most shocking of all, however, was the attitude of the staff. We felt awkward and ill at ease - we had to eat somehow and there was no where local.

I e-mailed the hotel to let them know about this but received no reply - very disappointing hence the review.

I wouldn't let this put you off the hotel however as it is fantastic value for money. But perhaps make alternative arrangements for food - especially when there is a private function on.

Room Tip: Book the suite - fantastic and spacious!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bobarooney
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Upon arrival, front desk certainly did not look happy to see me. I instantly felt uncomfortable.
They gave me a room that I had to take an elevator down and then walk a ways down a long corridor. At the time, there were maids servicing the rooms but they disappeared within minutes.
The room smelled like old ladies perfume, so strong it was hard to breathe.
When I stepped out to get ice, (automatic hallway lights did not come on) I tried several times, the hall was completely black and creepy with some window light at the end. I called front desk and told them my concerns, they said that they were on, I then asked if a manager could come down and see for himself? About 20 minutes later hallway lights came on, no mgr ever came.
Well I then went upstairs to ask for a room change. Mgr said they had nothing available. Remind you this is early during the week and there was only 3 cars in pkg lot. I packed my bags and tried again, this time I demanded! And yes I got loud. All of a sudden he had a room. We proceeded out the back door where there was a drive up window like a bank teller. I had know idea what that was at first. Soon to find out. Upon opening the door, I saw large stains on the rug and full size mirror on the ceiling. Soon to find out this was a room sold by the hour. That is why they have the drive up window. GROSS! Should I say more? Well let me summarize the rest, hotel so far out of the way, nothing in walking distance, no restaurants, grocery stores, bars etc. Oh and if your 2 minutes past the breakfast hr deadline, they send you out. ok I was 5 min late but seriously where is the customer service?

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Massimiliano B, Direttore at AS Hotel Dei Giovi, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Tripadvisor
Please let me apologize for all the inconvenience happened during last stay at the As Hotel dei Giovi: it had been the impression to be a nightmare!
I'm quite sure it was all a very big misunderstanding.
Anyway... be so kind as accept my personal excuses, as well as those of all the hotel staff.
Be ensured that i am still investigating, in order to understand the poorness of our service, if you wants to take the risk to come back at our hotel, will receive a special treatment at any next stays at our hotel.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We are on our 4th night of our 8 night stay, and i have to say this hotel is EXCELLANT. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are very very clean and comfortable. Beds made every morning and towels changed. The food in the restaurant is excellant and staff are some of the nicest i have ever come accross. I would certainly recommend this hotel and will definatly stay here again

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo C
Massimiliano B, Direttore at AS Hotel Dei Giovi, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Jo,

Thank you a lot for having chosen As Hotel dei Giovi and for your positive nice comment about the hotel and the staff. It is always a pleasure to have customer like you!

Looking forward to have you as our client again, please be advised that next spring there will be a compelte restyling of the hotel.

You are invited to visit us.

Best regards.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Two times I have stayed in this hotel. Overall it is a good option.

Room:
Both time I got one of the larger rooms in the hotel (room 101 and 201), although it was not reserved. It is more like a suite, because the bedroom is separate from the living room. The living room has a sleeping couch for 2 persons. The room has A/C, but the disadvantage is that you have a digital room key. The digital room key has to be in a slot for all the electricity to work in the room (except of course the minibar). The problem is that you can not leave the A/C on when you leave the room. And yes, I tried the 'credit card trick' (put another card in the slot instead), but the room key is working on a build-in chip, so that does not work.
Good for energy saving though ...
The bed is comfortable, and I love the fact that the curtains are really blinding (keeping the daylight out). Also there are two televisions on the room: one in the bedroom and one in the living. The bathroom is larger and has two sinks, a bathtub and a separate shower. The bathroom could use some hooks to hang your cloths on though, and I found it a bit cumbersome to regular the warm water in the shower.
But overall it is a great room!

Breakfast:
This was continental and Italian. Quite various and plenty. With choices between different juices, cakes, breads, and toppings. No complaints about that.

Diner:
The menu was quite some choices, but when ordering it seemed that many options were not available (sold out). Options 1 and 2 for me were already not available. The starter (primairy) was very nice, but the main (starter) was not what I usually get in Italian restaurants. Also my collegue was not very happy with his main course. It was reasonable, but not tasty.

Bar:
Because the persons working in the restaurant have to run the bar also, the wait for a drink can take quite some time. The lounge area, which is also the lounge, has big TVs and comfy couchs. It is often empty though.

Parking:
The parking is for free, and there is plenty of space on the hotel territory.

Room Tip: The suites (101 and 201) are nice and reasonably priced
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel is an excellent hotel with large new rooms and modern features. We had three adults in the room and were not crowded at all. It had an excellent restaurant attached to it. The only drawback is that it is over 2 km from the nearest train station and the walk from there was difficult. It is right on the motorway so if you are driving, it is an excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Concorezzo
Best Western Mirage Hotel Fiera
Best Western Mirage Hotel Fiera
#1 of 2 in Paderno Dugnano

Been to AS Hotel Dei Giovi? Share your experiences!