“Birthday Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rustington
Highclere, United Kingdom
“Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were a party of 6 adults and three children under 4 for Sunday lunch. We had pre lunch drinks in the garden, the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Lunch in the restaurant was superb, providing smaller meals for the children was no problem. We moved out to the garden for puddings once again the staff were very accommodating. All in all a very good 70th birthday lunch. Would recommend the hotel restaurant..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ian B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a meal here for 14 people, including children, for a family celebration. The food was delicious and there was plenty of choice, including several vegetarian options. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Reasonably priced too. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mrstuppin
Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Having previously booked several parties and eaten here on a number of occasions I was shocked and very upset by their attitude when I took a group of eleven people (Three being professional cooks) for a pre booked Christmas Dinner party. The service was poor, the pre-sliced reheated turkey (bought frozen at cash & carry) was over cooked and steaks were tough and one was sent back.
I discretely complained when I paid the bill. The owner, who cooked the food that night, was aggressive and rude, he made no attempt to apologise. Then we were over charged. Interestingly one of the group went the following night and said the food was okay. The owner should do the washing up. He is not a cook.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Froglet F
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Can't understand any negative reviews and I can be as critical as anyone if a high standard is not met. We organised a meal for everyone who attended my late Mother's funeral recently. It had to be arranged last minute and the time was outside of their normal lunch time finish. We also had a nut allergy member of our family. Bob and Ken (and their staff who agreed to work on beyond their normal hours) were excellent.They offered a very good value meal for us with a wide choice and the food was excellent
(everyone commented on the quality).Their staff were also excellent and nothing was too much trouble - they went out of their way to help and provide good service in a very friendly manner. We never felt rushed even though they had to be ready for the evening meals.The interior is very nicely furnished and comfortable. We were very fortunate to choose the Rustington Manor and wish it was nearer to us so we could visit it more often. With owners who care and a staff who also care about service and their customers they can't fail to please. Couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Greecophile
California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Last month, I had the pleasure to stay one night in this lovely little village inn while visiting a friend in Littlehampton. The service was excellent. It was less than a 10 minute taxi ride from Angmering station. I had made a special request for hypo-allergenic bedding due to allergies and they went out and bought new pillows for my room. What a nice surprise, as I've made this request in several hotels around the world and it is never been granted upon arrival. The room overlooked the front courtyard and was very well appointed with bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, kettle, nice quality toiletries, teas/hot chocolate and even a few biscuits and cookies. Very nice! The staff and owners are very welcoming, friendly and attentive.

My stay was too short to enjoy dining at the restaurant and I missed breakfast. Maybe next time :)

I will be coming back again when visiting, very much looking forward to having a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Littlehampton
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My partner and I went to the restaurant this evening to celebrate my birthday - I had a big 50th celebration a couple of years ago here and the food and service was brilliant on that occasion. This is why I suggested a return visit today but was extremely disappointed - the restaurant was very quiet with only one other table occupied. I ordered the rump steak which when it arrived was tough and full of gristle, not wanting to make a fuss I ate the vegetables and advised the waitress that the steak was inedible but I would take it home for my cat who is not worried about a bit of toughness or gristle come to that. So was disgusted when paying the bill I asked for the steak only to be told that they had thrown it in the bin!! no apology - no offer of a refund - and no supper for the cat!! I certainly will not be going ever again and can only suggest that if you visit pick anything other than the rump Steak - Karen Bailey Littlehampton

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen B
Old Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel,returned there after 20years,obviously lots of changes. Warm greeting and very informative, rooms spotless with bath robes and slippers to use (nice touch) lovely garden area and restaurant. Breakfast to keep you going for the rest of the day served with a smile,nothing too much trouble. Recommended highly..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustington
Angmering Manor
#1 of 1 in Climping
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
#2 of 7 in Arundel

Been to Rustington Manor Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!