Rustington Manor Hotel & Restaurant
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmain coursedining roombiscuitsmy birthdayservice was excellentnice touchfriendly hotelpotatoeswaiting stafffish pietea and coffeewell worth a visitstaff were brilliantfresh vegetablesminute taxi ridebath robes and slipperslunch menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed there twice and had a wonderful time. Great location, well maintained, reasonable price and great food. Loved Ken and Bob.
It is a fifteen minute walk to town and fifteen minute walk to the channel.

Room Tip: room 6 has a shower, the other rooms have tubs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited RM for the first time today (07/04/13) on the occasion of a friends birthday party.
Right from the off there was a good abiance. The food and service we received were faultless. The food was fresh and good portion size. I could not eat all my belly pork and Jordan kindly wrapped it in foil the shape of a swan for staffie Thomas.
I would highly recommend this venue for all occasions large and small and look forward to future visits.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Why not try the food at Rustington Manor, but go at lunchtime to get the best value.
A reservation may well be necessary, and parking can be difficult at times, but it is worth it!
Undoubtedly the best restaurant in the village.We are regulars at this venue.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank david c
Reviewed February 16, 2013

First time at the Lodwick's restaurant in Rustington Manor, Birthday treat for my wife. First impressions, seating needs renewing or re upholstering, a little like sitting on the toilet with the seat sag. Starters were great, my wife had the soup of the day which was mushroom I had the Bouillabaisse, which I enjoyed very much. My wife had the baked cod for the main course, not happy, there were far too many bones in the fish to enjoy eating it, I had the Butternut Squash Risotto, a litte undercooked, but not enought o send it back, couldnt understand why it came with a third of a plate of salad garnish, to me risotto is a stand alone dish. A dish of vegetables was served, my wife had chips with her Cod and I didn't need vegatables with my Risotto?

My wife scored the evening as a 2* I scored it as a 3*.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I arranged a lunch for five couples at the Lodwick’s Restaurant which is part of the Rusting Manor Hotel. Although we were all relatively local, none of us had actually eaten here before.

We came away quite impressed. The whole experience was most enjoyable, and proves you don’t need a big name, ( and big prices) to ensure you have good quality and service.

In hindsight, when you think, the chef in the kitchen is suddenly given ten starters and ten main course orders, it’s then his job to prepare these so all starters can be served together, and the same with the main course. I noticed when we were served, none of us had to wait to start to ensure everyone was served. Our complements to the chef!.

Supporting the chef were our two waiters, Tara and Jorden, who throughout the afternoon looked after us with quiet efficiency. (In addition to another group of twelve plus 3 or 4 individual tables.

Of course, none of this is of use without the food being up to standard, which it certainly was. With around eight starter and a similar amount of main course there is something for everyone, plus some delicious desserts to finish.

The location of Rustington Manor is ideal, being five minutes from the main shopping area in one direction, and five minutes to the sea in the other direction.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends