“wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rustington
New York City, New York
“wonderful”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed there twice and had a wonderful time. Great location, well maintained, reasonable price and great food. Loved Ken and Bob.
It is a fifteen minute walk to town and fifteen minute walk to the channel.

Room Tip: room 6 has a shower, the other rooms have tubs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sompting, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited RM for the first time today (07/04/13) on the occasion of a friends birthday party.
Right from the off there was a good abiance. The food and service we received were faultless. The food was fresh and good portion size. I could not eat all my belly pork and Jordan kindly wrapped it in foil the shape of a swan for staffie Thomas.
I would highly recommend this venue for all occasions large and small and look forward to future visits.

• Stayed April 2013
litttlehampton sussex
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Why not try the food at Rustington Manor, but go at lunchtime to get the best value.
A reservation may well be necessary, and parking can be difficult at times, but it is worth it!
Undoubtedly the best restaurant in the village.We are regulars at this venue.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank david c
Angmering, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

First time at the Lodwick's restaurant in Rustington Manor, Birthday treat for my wife. First impressions, seating needs renewing or re upholstering, a little like sitting on the toilet with the seat sag. Starters were great, my wife had the soup of the day which was mushroom I had the Bouillabaisse, which I enjoyed very much. My wife had the baked cod for the main course, not happy, there were far too many bones in the fish to enjoy eating it, I had the Butternut Squash Risotto, a litte undercooked, but not enought o send it back, couldnt understand why it came with a third of a plate of salad garnish, to me risotto is a stand alone dish. A dish of vegetables was served, my wife had chips with her Cod and I didn't need vegatables with my Risotto?

My wife scored the evening as a 2* I scored it as a 3*.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I arranged a lunch for five couples at the Lodwick’s Restaurant which is part of the Rusting Manor Hotel. Although we were all relatively local, none of us had actually eaten here before.

We came away quite impressed. The whole experience was most enjoyable, and proves you don’t need a big name, ( and big prices) to ensure you have good quality and service.

In hindsight, when you think, the chef in the kitchen is suddenly given ten starters and ten main course orders, it’s then his job to prepare these so all starters can be served together, and the same with the main course. I noticed when we were served, none of us had to wait to start to ensure everyone was served. Our complements to the chef!.

Supporting the chef were our two waiters, Tara and Jorden, who throughout the afternoon looked after us with quiet efficiency. (In addition to another group of twelve plus 3 or 4 individual tables.

Of course, none of this is of use without the food being up to standard, which it certainly was. With around eight starter and a similar amount of main course there is something for everyone, plus some delicious desserts to finish.

The location of Rustington Manor is ideal, being five minutes from the main shopping area in one direction, and five minutes to the sea in the other direction.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sussex
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is my first review I am probably the fussiest eater ever. Having tried most of the restraunts in the local area my wife booked lunch at the Rustington Manor for my 65th birthday, after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor I was tempted to cancel the booking, thank heaven I didn't. The food was out of this world the staff were first class the restraunt was imaculate with the most comfortable seats I have had in any restaurant all this in a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. i will definatley be returning on a regular basis. Don't believe any of the bad reviews they can't possibley be genuine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blueeyes5
Rustington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We ate there Saturday night, it would have been nice to have had the option to have a drink in the bar first and the state of the table left a lot to be desired ( badly scratched and paper napkins!) a nice white linen table cloth would have made a world of difference. The menu was extensive, it was a mixture of "restaurant" food and "pub" grub which was a bit strange. The pate to start was disappointing but the steak and kidney pud was fantastic, the portions were so large we couldn't manage a dessert which was a shame but our fault for being gluttons!
The service was superb, the young man who served us couldn't have been more friendly, polite and efficient. The prices were average about £25 for three courses and I'm sure we'll go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustington
Angmering Manor
#5 of 7 in Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
#3 of 7 in Arundel

Been to Rustington Manor Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!