“Charming country gem”
Review of Berry Lodge

and 1 more site!
Berry Lodge
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just to the south of Milltown Malbay off the main road to the east is the Berry Lodge. Located in a completely refurbished late 1700s building, the B & B is meticulously furnished and hosted by charming people. We were greeted with hot beverages and biscuits. Unfortunately the owner had an outside engagement and was not able to cook dinner for us. Friends of ours stayed here several years ago and raved about the lodge and meal. The bed and comforter were the most comfortable we've had in Ireland. Furnishing were eclectic and suited the age of the home. Someone put much effort and affection into refurbishing, decorating, and maintaining this beautiful home and grounds. Parking is easy, ample sized, and right in front of the building. Breakfast was cooked to order and delicious. If you are anywhere near and looking for lodging, look no further. The rates were very reasonable for the quality of service and comfort we received.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just spent the day with Rita on a cookery course-it was a 60th birthday gift. There were three of us. My parents & I. It was absolutely fantastic! The tuition was professional yet informal. We enjoyed lots of laughs! The food we produced was 5 star. No expense was spared re ingredients - all locally sourced produce-fruit, eggs, chicken etc. Rita tailored the menu to suit the birthday boy (60!) which was accommodating & kind.Lovely relaxing way to spend the day. Surroundings beautiful too. Can see the sea from the house so a beach walk is only a hop, skip & jump away as is The Belbridge Hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We didn't saty overnight so I can't comment - but the place is spotless & has beautiful...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed at the Berry last April for a trip with another couple. We stayed at 5 different places that week and we all found the Berry to be so sweet and quaint. Our room was lovely and clean. Rita was waiting for us with tea and scones and cooked us a fantastic breakfast in the morning. I would wholeheartedly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tyler K
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful adventure to Ireland. As it happened, my travelling companion, also serving as travel agent, booked us a cooking class at Berry Lodge in Spanish Point, Ireland, for the morning that the guys in our group was to play a round of golf in Lahinch. What an absolute delightful experience! I'm not a 'baker' and, to be quite honest, don't even come close to enjoying the kitchen as much as my travel buddies do. But, oh, what a surprise I had when the proprietor, Rita, and her accommodating assistant, Margarite, put on a show of culinary delight. We had expected baking perhaps a loaf or two of Ireland's delicious brown bread, but we spent an entire morning preparing FIVE fabulous recipes. I only wish we had booked our stay at Berry Lodge as well; it is an abolutely beautiful property; inviting, warm, and most welcoming. We will return to Spanish Point and next time, it's Berry Lodge for us where I plan to take long country walks, enjoy the sitting areas as I read or spend time in the beaitiful veranda area overlooking the valley. Do not miss time at this B&B and more importantly, the reception and friendly welcome from Rita and staff! A true irish Country experience -- absolutely superb! (I'd like to offer a word of thanks to our travel agent, Marsha Emmons, as well. Marsha 'Lane, you did great -- this was highlight of trip for me!) Diane Riney Colorado Springs, CO USA

Room Tip: Berry Lodge is a B&B; while we didn't stay there, all the rooms we saw appeared very accommo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deda M
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fantastic night away with great friends, amazing recipes, tips and wonderful hospitality from Rita and Marguerite.
Can't wait to go cooking some of the recipes and returning again.
Thank you and will be back.
Fiona

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fiona1974
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wish I could have spent more time at this B&B! The place itself is lovely. All the rooms are beautiful and Rita and Margarita are even more accommodating. The scenery around the B&B is beautiful. I hope in the future to spend a vacation just at this B&B and area alone. It was my favorite part of my 8 days in Ireland. We arrived at this B&B in Mid October after a rough day of getting lost, soaked in the rain and locking the keys in the car. The Berry Lodge took us in and gave us coffee and snacks. They were so nice to even wash and dry our soaked clothing. We also had to leave early the next morning to make it to a bus tour. Rita was so nice to make us breakfast extra early. The breakfast was amazing! I wish I really could have spent more time relaxing at this B&B and in the lovely town on the water. Once again I really hope I can visit one day soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacquelyn T
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Such a lovely B+B. Great view of the Atlantic and countryside. Absolutely spotless and luxurious! Too late in the year to eat dinner during the week but the breakfast was great. Great place to stay and visit Cliffs of Moher. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room had plenty of room to sit and unwind from the day. Just a pleasure.

Room Tip: Upstairs room facing the ocean for best view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Ennistymon
B&B Southwind
B&B Southwind
#4 of 4 in Spanish Point

Been to Berry Lodge? Share your experiences!