“A Gem in the Emerald Isle!”
Review of Berry Lodge

Berry Lodge
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful adventure to Ireland. As it happened, my travelling companion, also serving as travel agent, booked us a cooking class at Berry Lodge in Spanish Point, Ireland, for the morning that the guys in our group was to play a round of golf in Lahinch. What an absolute delightful experience! I'm not a 'baker' and, to be quite honest, don't even come close to enjoying the kitchen as much as my travel buddies do. But, oh, what a surprise I had when the proprietor, Rita, and her accommodating assistant, Margarite, put on a show of culinary delight. We had expected baking perhaps a loaf or two of Ireland's delicious brown bread, but we spent an entire morning preparing FIVE fabulous recipes. I only wish we had booked our stay at Berry Lodge as well; it is an abolutely beautiful property; inviting, warm, and most welcoming. We will return to Spanish Point and next time, it's Berry Lodge for us where I plan to take long country walks, enjoy the sitting areas as I read or spend time in the beaitiful veranda area overlooking the valley. Do not miss time at this B&B and more importantly, the reception and friendly welcome from Rita and staff! A true irish Country experience -- absolutely superb! (I'd like to offer a word of thanks to our travel agent, Marsha Emmons, as well. Marsha 'Lane, you did great -- this was highlight of trip for me!) Diane Riney Colorado Springs, CO USA

Room Tip: Berry Lodge is a B&B; while we didn't stay there, all the rooms we saw appeared very accommo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deda M

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fantastic night away with great friends, amazing recipes, tips and wonderful hospitality from Rita and Marguerite.
Can't wait to go cooking some of the recipes and returning again.
Thank you and will be back.
Fiona

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fiona1974
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wish I could have spent more time at this B&B! The place itself is lovely. All the rooms are beautiful and Rita and Margarita are even more accommodating. The scenery around the B&B is beautiful. I hope in the future to spend a vacation just at this B&B and area alone. It was my favorite part of my 8 days in Ireland. We arrived at this B&B in Mid October after a rough day of getting lost, soaked in the rain and locking the keys in the car. The Berry Lodge took us in and gave us coffee and snacks. They were so nice to even wash and dry our soaked clothing. We also had to leave early the next morning to make it to a bus tour. Rita was so nice to make us breakfast extra early. The breakfast was amazing! I wish I really could have spent more time relaxing at this B&B and in the lovely town on the water. Once again I really hope I can visit one day soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacquelyn T
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Such a lovely B+B. Great view of the Atlantic and countryside. Absolutely spotless and luxurious! Too late in the year to eat dinner during the week but the breakfast was great. Great place to stay and visit Cliffs of Moher. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room had plenty of room to sit and unwind from the day. Just a pleasure.

Room Tip: Upstairs room facing the ocean for best view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tandyjo_2000
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Berry Lodge was one of our favourite B&Bs during our trip to Ireland. Rita, the host, is lovely. She was very helpful about where to go and what to do. The room was a treat with fabulous beds and the area was quiet and restful. The food was sensational (Rita offers cooking lessons as well). My husband and I especially loved her homemade raspberry jam and scones. Spanish Point was a short an invigorating walk from the B&B and the Cliffs of Moher were close enough by that we beat the crowds.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had the best girlie weekend ever! Brought my Mam to Berry Lodge for the weekend including cookery tuition. There was a great gang of girls from Limerick also there and we had great craic the whole day cooking chatting and of course eating till we were fit to burst! The accommodation is top notch and the breakfasts to die for. Rita and the ladies really make you feel at home without over doing it. Highly recommend a weekend break here for anyone with an interest in cooking or just eating great food!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We liked everything about Berry Lodge and Rita its proprietor. The rooms are exquisitely tasteful, comfortable and quiet, the meals (overseen by master chef Rita) superb, and the surroundings pure rural Ireland coastland. Berry Lodge is an easy walk to the sea, and a short drive to the Cliffs of Moher and the moonlike Burren region, and little coastal villages like Quilty where you can be the only ones strolling on a deserted beach. Rita went out of her way to make us and the other guests feel welcome. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple