I booked a Easter Break for two nights for me and my girlfriend, we got a Easter break package for a standard room which included two breakfasts and a dinner.In total it cost me just over €300.
For the quality of the room, the service, and the hotel in general, the Armada Hotel is REALLY not worth it.
My experiences of the Armada Hotel were:
1. When I booked the room, I request and paid for a bottle of wine and bathrobes to be in my room for when we arrived. Neither were.
2. Twice more I had to ask at reception for the bathrobes until we finally got them.
3. Less then 5 minutes after checking into our room (and as were getting comfortable in our surroundings), a member of staff quite literally barged into our room (the person gave a quick single knock, opened the door, and walked straight in, all in the space of 3 seconds. The person did not say 'hello' or 'room service' or anything similar before entering the room. It looked like she was a manager of sorts and to be fair, she was very apologetic, although rightly she should have been).
4. I later enquired at reception as to the location of my phantom bottle of wine. The receptionist said that the wine was not suppose to be in my room for when I arrived, but instead would come with our dinner. Although I knew he was wrong on this, as the online booking clearly said it would be in my room, sa this was something i paid extra for, I was not going to start arguing over a €20 bottle of wine in front of my girlfriend (especially after already forking out over €300 on the room).
5. The following evening at our dinner, I asked the waiter for our bottle of wine. He had no notion of what I was talking about, so I told him what the receptionist told me. The waiter then went out to reception to enquiry for me. About 15 minutes later the waiter came back with the long awaiting bottle of wine. Clearly they realised the mistake they made at reception and told the waiter to just give me the wine. They did not acknowledged their mistake, nor did anyone apologies. It was clear they were hoping I simply would not realise their mistake, but by god I did, and I was not happy. It must be said though, the dinner and the breakfasts are great, lovely food.
5. The main light in our room was broken, I asked for it be fixed the second day while we were out, which they never did.
6. On one of the nights (a week-night no less!) two drunk and very loud girls had trouble getting into their room for about 20 minutes and they were quite loud. I assume they woke most people in rooms on and around the corridor, as we were. It was actually quite funny, as they first were trying for a good 10 minutes trying to get into clearly a wrong room as there key would not work. Then, a man came out, of what i assume was the door the girls were trying to get into, and the the girls proceed to argue with him for a another 10 minutes that he was in their room. Listening to the poor man trying to explain to the two drunk girls that they had the room was quite funny as the girls kept persisting that he was in their room. Actually I would love to read that persons review of their stay in the Armada Hotel! I think a member of staff finally came as someone directed them the poor girls to their correct room. Although i thought i was funny, that man could have had children in the room, and that would have been a very frightening experience for the poor children.
Also the room was not great, beds were comfy but the TV was small and had a poor choice of channels, there was no mini fridge, no thermostat, and the bath was quite small and disappointing for us.
Some pros of course, beds were comfy, food was good, the bar is nice. The area and scenery is beautiful two but there are many more better quality and cheaper hotels to stay in in west Clare. I definitely will not be going back there unfortunately, nor can I recommend the Armada Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Armada Hotel where you will enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of West Clare on the edge of the Atlantic ocean. You will be spoiled for choice with our dining options where the emphasis is on using wild, seasonal and local produce in the Pearl Restaurant, Ocean Bar and the traditional Johnny Burke's Bar. The Ocean Bar is the perfect retreat for a leisurely coffee or carvery lunch with bar food served 7 days a week. Johnny Burke's bar is a great place to meet the locals and enjoy an Irish Craft beer pared with some good wholesome food and you never know who might drop in for a live traditional music session ! And of course, West Clare is all about getting out and about and within a short driving distance you can find the iconic Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, the Burren and lovely coastal drives. The Armada is a great base for those who like an activity based holiday with surfing, kayaking, cycling and walking all available locally and the world renowned Lahinch and Doonbeg Golf courses are close by too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Armada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armada Hotel Milltown Malbay