“Very peaceful location, friendly staff”
Review of La Conchiglia

La Conchiglia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fregene
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Very peaceful location, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Spent 8 nights at the La Conchiglia in April 2013. This is located within 20 minutes from the FCO Airport. If you plan in advance with the hotel, there will be a shuttle to meet you (€ 20 approx).
The staff are extremely friendly and courteous.
Though this is some distance from the Rome city, you can arrange the shuttle to drop you at the Maccarese-Fregene Train Station and also you can arrange pickup from the station also.

The breakfast has a good spread of bread, jams, etc. I had Bruschetta at the restaurant for dinner.
They did not make any pizza. but there is a nice pizzeria and a restaurant just a 5 min walk from the hotel.
In case anyone wants, there is a "Simply" Super Market within about a 10 minute walk.

The rooms are very clean, cozy beds and blankets. The safe, hair dryer are standard. I loved the jumbo sized overhead shower a lot.. just like having a bath in the rain :)

I would definitelygo back.. the main reason for me are the above and the very warm friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Maybe the first floor rooms facing the sea are better since they get an amazing view of the golden s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The town is beautiful, the price is fair, the staff are very helpful. the restaurant on site is very good and has a wood fire. There is a shuttle to and from the airport. Call ahead. The room had a rainfall shower and a very modern design along with a heated bathroom floor. One of the nicest hotels i have stayed in. I have recommended it to friends for their Rome trips as a nice place to unwind and rest up. A previous reviewer complained about the hard bed. I prefer a harder bed so i was elated and slept quite well on it. My one complaint is the wireless signal was a tad weak.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Garreth S
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way from the FCO Rome airport to a cruise in Civitavecchia leaving the next morning. I'd already been to Rome a couple of times so was not looking for a sight-seeing base. I was looking for an affordable place to rest my head for the night. This hotel fit the bill well enough.

I ended up having to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, which cost 30 Euros. My understanding is that if you can arrange the shuttle in advance, as I tried to do, it costs only 10 Euros per person (please verify the shuttle information for yourself). Anyhow, although I tried to book the shuttle, it was apparently not operating that day. I don't fault the hotel or the shuttle company, as I had only tried to arrange this the day beforehand, so I didn't really leave enough time for contingencies.

Regardless, the very kind lady at reception upgraded my room from an economy room to a deluxe room at check-in because of the misunderstanding. I think it wasn't a busy time for the hotel, so they were able to do this easily enough. It was very kind of her in any event.

The renovated deluxe room was great! It was stylish in a retro-way and quite a good size. The shower was a rain-fall style.

I ate in the restaurant and it was pretty good, although it was quite cold despite the cozy fire in the corner. I thought the price was a little high, but I did enjoy the meal.

Because the weather was cold and rainy, I didn't take advantage of the free bicycles the hotel has to lend, nor did I spend any time at the beach across the street. There doesn't appear to be much else in the immediate area but it is a charming little property, if not the most up-to-date one.

The breakfast in the morning was basic but sufficient. I was made two delicious espressos by the lovely morning waitress.

I arranged for a shuttle to the cruise terminal for the next morning with a private company and all went smoothly.

Overall, I had a nice stay for the night. The staff was pleasant and the deluxe room was more than comfortable. I'll strongly consider this hotel for next time I'm en route to a cruise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank youthfulcruiser
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was clean, quiet and the restaurant onsite is good.
My main complain is the really, really hard beds and the nasty blanket they had put on it. The hotel looks newly renovated and the rooms have a very modern design - and then they trow an old looking, 80s - style blanket on the bed. Have they never heard of proper comforters?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Preethainlondon
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very nice Hotel in Fiumicino , for a pre and post Cruise . We booked trough hotel website a two roomnights plus a pick up from Rome Airport Fiumicino at 10 euro per person and we booked also a transfer for Civitavecchia Port od Rome , the price was a deal at 105 euros , not bad .
Staff was very helpfull and they suggest us a nice journey to Rome .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My sister and I stayed here on the night of October 14, 2012. We stayed here because it was half-way between the Airport and the Port, where we were joining a Cruise ship the next day. In my booking there was an area for special requests which I completed, asking for a twin bedded room with a sea view. Also gave flight number and time of arrival for the shuttle pick-up. We arrived at the Airport on schedule,BUT no shuttle. In the end we had to take a taxi which cost us 50 Euros. Upon arrival a the Hotel we discussed the situation with the receptionist who looked at our reservation and agreed that yes we had ordered a shuttle but Oh so sorry nobody read the request.. Long story short the hotel was clean and for one night was fine. It is out of the way, unreliable for shuttle and HAS NO ELEVATOR, even though it was on the the list of amenities. I think my rating is accurate as an average hotel in Italy. The staff is very friendly and helpful for needs when you are there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a night this Sep at the beginning of our vacation since we needed an hotel which would be closed to the airport (we landed at 11pm)
The location was great, the room was big with a private backyard, the restaurant was good with a wonderful service. The reception lady was so nice and helpful as well.
The only problem was that the room wasn't perfectly clean.

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fregene
Hotel Corallo
#1 of 23 in Fiumicino
Hotel Miraggio
Hotel Miraggio
#1 of 5 in Fregene

Been to La Conchiglia? Share your experiences!