Tripadvisor
Fota Island
3,195 results
All reviews wildlife park hydrotherapy suite golf club afternoon tea spa area cork city bar food main restaurant spa treatments deluxe room top class family break steam room relaxation room from start to finish both nights following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fab 5 star hotel. you could be anywhere in the world. Treatments were lovely and all staff were very kind and helpful. Rooms were very nice except maybe put in conditioner in bathroom. all food was delicious

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fota_Resort, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear lindanaishol

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay at Fota. I am delighted to note you enjoyed your stay and found our staff so kind and helpful. Our standard is provide conditioner in all rooms, we did encounter a stock issue which thankfully has been resolved but appreciate it was not available on your visit.

I do hope we have the pleasure of your return visit and I look forward to welcoming you at that time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here for a drink on a recent trip to Cobh and it was just an incredible hotel. The attention to detail for second to none and the bar area was just fabulous. Will definitely stay longer on the next trip.

Date of stay: January 2020
Fota_Resort, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Niamh O

Thank you for the wonderful endorsement of your recent visit to Fota. I am delighted you were so impressed on your short visit to the property. I look forward to your welcoming you back to Fota and I hope you will have longer to enjoy all the resort has to offer.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a,return visit to Fota and were not disappointed, from the moment we arrived and checked in with Jill our stay was faultless.Our room was spacious and elegant.The birthday plate for my husband was much appreciated.A quick swim then drinks and dinner in the beautiful restaurant.Food service and attention to detail were perfect. Thank you all concerned we will be back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 283anneo

Dear 283anneo

Thank you for the wonderful five star review. I am delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay and celebration. I I have shared your kind word with the entire team who join me in sincerely thanking you.The team are very encouraged by your wonderful feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to Fota.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Looking for a great nights sleep in a luxury bed then Fota is the perfect place!

The Amber Lounge is brilliant. The staff are exceptional and food was so tasty.

Breakfast was also great and a very efficient team.

Emma on reception is definitely your go to if you need any assistance. Met her twice during our stay and she is the perfect example of 5 star service.

The concierge we met on the second night of our stay was an absolute gent.

The spa wasn’t what I was expecting but the staff certainly were. Especially Owen who made us feel very welcome.

It was the perfect winter, luxury escape!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Caitriona A

Thank you for fantastic review of your recent stay at Fota I have shared your wonderful feedback with Emma and the entire team. It is very encouraging for all the team to get such positive feedback on their performance and service.

I hope we have the pleasure of your return visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Use as much as the facilities as you can, especially the walks around the island. The golf course is excellent and a delight. The spa deserves special mention. The welcome from the staff was genuine and real Cork.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear kenmurphy2020

A sincere thanks for taking the time to share your fantastic review of Fota Island Resort

It is an absolute pleasure to read that Fota lived up to your expectations and thank you for sharing you experience. shall share your kind words with all the team here and in particular the spa team

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon and thank you again.

Your Sincerely,