“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fota Island
Ireland
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A fabulous couples retreat! My boyfriend & I stayed for a night and it was amazing! We were upgraded when we checked in. The room was lovely & big, the bathroom was the size of an ordinary hotel room. We enjoyed a lovely dinner in the hotels restaurant. Yummy & delicious, I cant wait to return!
I would give anything to stay another night at this hotel. I cant wait to get back asap!!

2 Thank kellyireland
fotaisland01, Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of Fota Island Resort. I a delighted to hear that you found your stay so enjoyable. Thank you for your kind comments regarding your room. I am pleased to hear that you found that your upgrade was to your liking. I hope that you will return to Fota Island Resort again so that you can revisit the wonderful experience you had with us.

John O' Flynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Recently had the pleasure of staying in this wonderful hotel for a night. Everything about the place was great and felt like we had been away for much longer. The lady at reception was most professional and welcoming and our room was clean, bright and spacious. We had lunch in the bar which was very good and dinner in the restaurant. We did encounter a problem during dinner but on speaking with a manager, the matter was dealt with efficiently and promptly without any fuss. A great nights sleep and a very good breakfast next morning before we left. Whilst it is a large busy hotel! it exudes an air of peace! clam and charm. I can't wait to return there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WCLADY1
Thank you for your kind review of our services and facilities at Fota Island Resort. Our staff at the resort provide the finest service for our guests and therefore I am delighted to hear that you were so well looked after by our Front Office team upon your arrival and also by management in regards to the matter the was dealt with efficiently and promptly. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night after buying a Groupon voucher a few months ago and we were blown away. The grounds are just gorgeous and the hotel itself is stunning. Our room was beautiful with a huge, comfy bed, walk in shower (with a rain shower head which I loved) and a big, comfy bath! The food is excellent as well. We had pizza for lunch on our first day and the breakfast is the best I've had in a hotel in a long time! The spa facilities were pretty great too with a pool, steam rooms, relaxation rooms and pools with various jets to target different areas of your body. Definitely recommend a trip, it's an amazing hotel!

1 Thank ChrissyLilly
Thank you for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am glad to hear that you found your accommodation so pleasing , the grounds very pleasing and the hotel very impressive. I am pleased that while you were staying you were able to take advantage of the Spa facilities at the resort. I hope you will return again in the near future.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I recently stayed in the Fota Island Resort with my boyfriend for our anniversary and found it a very disappointing stay. It was my first 5 star experience and it did not live up to by standards. We were lucky to have been given a complementary upgrade on arrival, however when I arrived into the room and tried to turn on the television it would not work. I had to call the reception and they sent up maintenance who took his time trying to fix it and ended up turning off the mini fridge and putting it on a lock before he left (on the sly). We then went down for dinner and were led to the restaurant as the bar had stopped serving food. There were not many people in the restaurant, however it took awhile for them to take our order. The starter arrived quick and my boyfriend found a HAIR in the bread, we didn't order main, however we ordered desert and our order was taken (chocolate fondant which we were told takes 15minutes to make and we accepted that as it usually does take that time). However we were waiting a good half an hour until the manager came over to tell us our order was never received in the kitchen. We said that was ok. We were then greeted by the waitress who apologised again and said it's in the oven. We said it was ok that we would just forget about it but they insisted and give up very small sorbet to apologise. The fondant took the bones of 50 minutes to arrive on our table. We had plans in the city but we had to cancel as it was too late due to this. The next morning I went down for breakfast (which has an amazing selection). However whilst I was eating my breakfast there was an ant on my table, therefore I could not finish my breakfast and had to quickly leave. My boyfriend and I were very disappointed with the whole experience.

1 Thank Claire W
Reviewed May 5, 2014

stayed here for the may bank holiday for a wedding.

from the moment we entered the hotel grounds to the moment we left we were minded like we were family.

every member of staff greeted us with a smile, nothing was a problem. the room was spacious the wine lovely !!!

would definetly come back again and stay longer.

ONE THING TO WATCH OUT FOR ... WE RANG AND RESERVED FOR THE WEDDING WAY IN ADVANCE. WHEN WE RANG TO CONFIRM THE PERSON HAD GOTTEN THE ORIGINAL RESERVATION ALL WRONG AS DID THE SECOND PERSON !!!

IT TOOK 3 PHONE CALLS FROM US TO MAKE SURE THEY GOT IT RIGHT.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank johnbond_9
fotaisland01, Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am delighted to learn that your entire experience was enjoyable. Our staff is always one of the highlights of our guests experiences. I will make note of your concern regarding reservation, and have passed it along to the front office manager.

Liege, Belgium
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had the opportunity to spend 3 nights in this really nice and comfortable hotel. The room was quite large, well equipped and with a really nice view.
The food was good in the restaurant or in the bar (watch out it closes quite early).
the breakfast was also OK and the personal was very very helpful and giving full support. It was a great moment and I warmly recommend a stay in this place.

Room Tip: Try to avoid parking view rooms; the other side is definitely better!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to make every guest experience one of a kind. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Wow is all I can say! This place is one of the best places I've stayed in and it's in my home country - I have travelled around the world a bit and this has to be the best place I've stayed in. Huge huge room - I think it was bigger than my house! (Check out pics) We were upgraded to a suite on arrival and I could easily live in it. It had 2 bathrooms, a walk in cloak room, 2 huge wardrobes for clothes, tv on the wall of the bath tub, tv in the bedroom, tv in the lounge area with super comfortable couch. Bed was a super king size the biggest I've ever seen. Facilities were also top class, spa and hydrotherapy pool alone are a must for any visitor and I'm told the chocolate massage is recommended. Breakfast was included and large choice available. On site golf course is home to this years Irish Open but never got to play it (Newly wed you see!) - definitely be going back for a round of golf. The only slight downside I saw was the price of dinner, it just seemed overpriced to me but it's not everyday you stay in luxury.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
It is an honour to learn that we are the best hotel you've stayed in around the world. We strive to make each guest experience memorable, and I am glad to hear yours met our five star standard.The suites are magnificent and always enjoyable to stay in luxury. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fota Island
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,363 reviews

Been to Fota Island Resort? Share your experiences!