Stayed here for 1 night in September with my wife as a birthday treat. Being from Cork, we had no desire to go exploring anywhere outside the hotel and this suited us perfectly.
The reception area is very nice on arrival and staff are helpful and polite. The rooms are lovely, well sized and well appointed. One disappointing aspect was that despite having a mini bar, no bottle opener is provided and among the toiletries, no shower gel or shampoo were provided. It took 2 calls to guest services and 90 minutes to rectify but this was only a small issue.
I had a 1 hour swedish massage and as mentioned on a previous review 110 euro is a bit on the pricey side but the treatment afforded to you as a customer if excellent and again staff were friendly. It is worth going a few minutes early and making use of the thermal suite. Afterwards, it is a nice touch to get a fruit plate and some juice in the relaxation suite.
There are 2 restaurants (the cove and the fota island) we ate in the Fota Island and this is casual dining with a 3 course set menu costing 47.50. A 750ml bottle of water comes in at 5euro and the mark up on wine looks to be a bit steep with the average bottle costing 35euro. The food was excellent and service great.
Overall, this is a very nice hotel. It is well worth staying here as a base in East Cork but you will need a car. There is nothing within walking distance for visitors and a taxi to Cork City is roughly 30-35euro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork