Stayed for one saturday night recently. very friendly staff, nice room, nice spa area let down by the absence of sauna or Jacuzzi. Very nice pool and separate pool with variety of jets, lazy river etc. Surprisingly the water was quite cold throughout. The steam room and rest area with hot beds made up for the lack of warm water!
The big let down in this hotel was the restaurant which is really an extension of the bar. The only obvious difference was the tablecloths on the tables. The set menu @ €45 lacked imagination and for the small variety of dishes available was poor value for money. There was also an a much better a la carte from which we could substitute dishes for the set menu by paying an additional charge based on the number of stars beside it. Most starters were an extra €3.50 and main courses averaged an extra €5-8. Even the desserts ranged from an extra €1.95 (for chocolate sauce to accompany a selection of ice cream) and an incredible extra €7.50 for baked alaska! While the quality of the food was fine, the method of pricing is overly complicated and in my opinion, the management need to have a re-think on this. The set menu @ €45 would be fine if it included a good variety, but to have variety, you can expect to pay €60+ for your meal here.
I would return to this hotel on the basis of the excellent breakfast but would travel further afield for the evening meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork