Fota Island Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
2,385 results
All reviewswildlife parkhydrotherapy suitegolf clubhydro poolafternoon teacove restaurantspa areacork citybar foodthe main hotelspa treatmentswalk in showerdeluxe roomrelaxation roomsteam roomtop classrelaxing break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I have previously stayed in fota in the summer months. Both myself and my sister loved it... Lovely people, good service, spacious rooms. This time however, we did not experience the same level of service. We arrived at the bar at 6.45 for supper. The bar manager ( I think) said that the bar was very busy and showed us to the cove dining area... A room that had no atmosphere and seemed like it was not really set up for an enjoyable dining experience. ( no music, no visible waiter or waitress). We asked if we could wait until a table became free in the bar area. We were told that was ok but if no table became available by 7, we would have to go to the restaurant. Other people that came in after us ( still before 7) had a similar experience. Eventually we got a small low table in the corner of the bar. Having ordered, we noticed another more suitable table was available and asked to be moved. Such a shame really. Our breakfast ( service and food) was excellent the morning after.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TLMF
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your previous stays and decided to return on the strength of them.

Our staff excel in delivering a friendly and warm service. I am glad to read you experienced that, although I am disappointed that your dining experience didn’t live up to your expectations. We do our utmost to accommodate all of our guests in all of our catering outlets around the resort. I have taken on board your comments about the atmosphere, music and service in the Cove dining area and will certainly investigate and improve on that.

I hope you will find the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stay in the hotel last October with my wife and one year old daughter and love it. Was in an ideal location for Fota wildlife park just 5 mins, Cobh and Cork city about 15 min drive.Our daughter love the playroom in the hotel (small but it kept her entertained while I got a drink in) would suggest bringing your own travel cot as the one provide didn't have a very comfortable mattress. The staff in the hotel and spa were excellent. If going to the spa I suggest booking ahead of arrival as it can be quite busy. Only thing that let it down was the bar food nothing to write home about but did love the atmosphere around the bar.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing Fota Island Resort.

It is a great pleasure to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay in the hotel. We are indeed situated close to the excellent Fota Wildlife Park, where hopefully you had a great time. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I will ensure our staff are made aware of your kind comments.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had a one night stay at the hotel. It is really beautiful. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was gorgeous and very mod. Breakfast was great, there was a large variety.
This was the first hotel in a long time not to have have noise issues if you want to leave your window open at night. As hotel rooms can be, it was very warm but the air-con was good to adjust it. I found the pillows ridiculously soft though and did not sleep too well but I think it was probably a personal thing.
One major disappointment was there was only a pool, no jacuzzi. I found it to be quite boring. The thermal suite was separate and for first time visitors this information was not obvious.
We made the small trip to the city for dinner as the hotel did not seem to accommodate our tastes.
Overall, quite a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your overnight stay at Fota Island Resort.

I am glad you enjoyed our hotel facilities and our freshly prepared buffet breakfast, which gets a lot of compliments from our guests. However, I am disappointed that the Spa didn't live up to your expectations. Fota Island Spa is regarded as one of Ireland's finest with over sixty spa treatments. Perhaps next time you can avail of one of the diverse treatments we offer.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We recently enjoyed a one night stay in Fota Island Hotel. Check in was fast with welcoming and friendly staff. We thoroughly enjoyed the Spa. Bedroom was clean and comfortable with beautiful bathroom and shower.

The only disappointment was the food at Dinner,both our main courses were cold, this could have been as a result of a wedding in the Hotel catering for 300 people however it is not acceptable for a 5 star Hotel. Breakfast was lovely with a huge choice of hot and cold food.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we love to hear our guest’s feedback as we take great pride in our service.

I am delighted to hear you experienced such a warm welcome. Our staff take great pleasure in ensuring our guests are well looked after and made feel utterly welcome.

Our spa treatments are luxurious and I am delighted that you got to spend time there to unwind and be pampered.

I am disappointed to hear about your dinner. Here are Fota we strive to deliver a fine dining experience. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the Restaurant team to make sure that the highest standards we offer are maintained at all times in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to Fota Island Resort in the not to near future.

Kindest Regards,
John O’ Flynn

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a lovely night in Fota, the atmosphere in the hotel is fantastic, the food is lovely, the rooms are very big and the bath & shower are huge! The setting is perfect for a walk or for going to Cork city or to the sea! The spa is expensive but it is worth it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michelle c
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Fota Island Resort. We are delighted to read that your five star getaway was fantastic.

Our staff excel in taking care of every detail for our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the warm welcome at Fota Island resort.

It is wonderful to hear that you took the time to stroll around the striking grounds and totally indulge in the tranquil atmosphere here at Fota Island Resort.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,