Recently stayed at the hotel and would say that it is more a 4 star than a 5. The leisure facilities are very good and the staff are friendly and try to help. The location is lovely and nearby is fota wildlife park. We ordered room service on two nights and on the first it was very good, food well presented, tasted great. Unfortunately on the second night we had to ring after an hour to inquire about the food, it arrived 15 minutes later but not in good shape. When I mentioned it on checkout I was asked was a reason given for the delay, no apology just any reason given. The room has a thermostat but no instructions on how to use it, it was not a simple up / down on temperature. Overall a good trip but would consider other hotels in the future.
Overall a good experience but
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HRS, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork