“Fantastic place to stay”
Review of Fota Island Resort

Fota Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fota Island
Galway, Ireland
“Fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed in the Courtyard Lodges for a week end with family. They are top class houses with everything you need in them and very well laid out with lovely furnishings. Very relaxing grounds with play ground for the children. We visited the hotel for a drink in the evening, staff were very welcoming and friendly. Beautiful hotel and lodges in a truly wonderful setting.

Room Tip: The Courtyard lodges are beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
fotaisland01, Owner at Fota Island Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at Fota Island Resort.
It is lovely to read that you had an impressive experience at our resort.

The Courtyard Lodges are perfect for a family getaway where you can relax and enjoy the surroundings at Fota Island.

I will pass on your welcoming experience to our staff as they continuously strive to warmly welcome you and facilitate any requirements, at all times.

If you didn’t get to indulge in our spa treatments, maybe the next time treat yourselves to a luxurious treatment to utterly relax.

We hope to welcome you back to our Lodges and hotel in the future.

John O’Flynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We recently had a really fantastic stay in Fota Island Hotel. We were very lucky to stay in the Cherry Penthouse Suite and it was incredible. A huge room, with a very spacious living room, bedroom, bathroom and balcony. The bed was soo comfortable and the linen was such good quality. We had room service which was surprisingly affordable and of a very high standard. Breakfast the next morning was really lovely and had lots of choice in both hot/cold buffets. Every single member of staff that we encountered was very friendly and professional. There was a wedding of over 300 people in the hotel that night and it did not impact on us one bit. Cannot wait to return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Fota Island Resort.

It is fantastic to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay.

Our staff take great pride in their work and strive to provide all our guests with a warm and friendly service.

We are very proud of the facilities that we offer. Our spa is one of a kind and we love to hear that guests have enjoyed their time there. With so many treatments available guests are spoiled for choice.

We strive to provide all the components of a 5*star experience in all we do.

I am delighted to hear your positive feedback, the staff at our resort take delight in hearing these wonderful experiences. I will most definitely pass on your positive experience to them.

Thank you for visiting our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully in the not too distance future.

Millstreet, Ireland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here with my husband & then 5 month old son in August, had a lovely time. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Our room was beautiful, very big and with a balcony view of the island. Brilliant selection of food for breakfast. Dinner was also very nice. Had use of the swimming pool which our little boy loved! Would definitely recommend and hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DonnaMcCormack
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us.

I am especially thrilled to hear that your son enjoyed his time in our pool. I hope you too got to enjoy the relaxing experience of the hydrotherapy pool.

It is so relaxing to soak up the peaceful atmosphere here at our resort and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the spectacular views.

Thank you for acknowledging the warm and friendly welcome you received at Fota Island Resort. I will most definitely pass this on to our staff as they continuously endeavour to provide a warm welcome to all guests.

We hope to see you and your family at our resort again in the not too distant future.

John O’ Flynn.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I took my gal here for a romantic break.
Had a lovely large room, very nice.
Food however was a bit dissapointing, but overall good service, nice location.
Really enjoyed the spa. Massages were excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Fota Island Resort. I am glad to read that we were able to surprise you and exceed your expectations in most ways.

We take great care in serving everyone to the best of our abilities and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your dinner. I will take this up with the relevant departments to prevent any repeat in the future.

I hope to welcome you back to Fota Island Resort in the not-too-distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I booked a weekend break at the Fota Island Resort and got a very good deal - a nights accommodation with two rounds of golf and breakfast for just £208.00 which is an absolutely cracking deal considering the service, comfort and quality we received!

We flew into Cork Aiport from London and I priced up a return transfer to Fota Island with several taxi operators with the cheapest being €60.00 - renting a car for the weekend at £25.00 worked out much more cost efficient as Fota Island is no more than a 20 minute drive from the airport and the directions published on their website is spot on!

Once we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with smiles and the check-in process was effortless. I was very impressed with being given a room straight away even though we arrived at 9AM (a full 3 hours before our check-in time). The room was very clean and tastefully decorated, although the TV was a bit on the small side (and I wouldn't class the room as 100% 5 Star but it was pretty close). We were greeted with a cheerful "Hello" or "Good Morning" from every single member of staff we passed, which always makes your stay more pleasant.

Staff at the golf club were equally as helpful and friendly, with no request (no matter how big or small) being a problem. They were very accommodating and it was very evident that there is a genuine willingness and enthusiasm to ensure guests are well looked after.The golf course itself is stunning with a picture perfect 9th hole coming in...

The Spa was just as impressive with really great ambiance and fantastic facilities. My wife booked a package with an Afternoon Tea and was beyond impressed! I spent some time unwinding after a round of golf and the Hydro Pool and the Hammam went down a treat...

Morning breakfast was very good with a decent hot and cold buffet spread. Once again, the service was brilliant.

On the whole, staff and service at the Fota Island Resort make the place 5 star. The rooms in the hotel aren't at same level but everything else, coupled with the great service and the fantastic value for money make this a highly recommended golf & spa venue. The general attitude and friendliness of staff was a breath of fresh air and certainly something that you won't find in every hotel/resort.

Room Tip: Check pricing on car rental from Cork Airport if you're just spending a couple of days - it may...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
16 Thank Shoaib_Laher
Thank you for sharing your experience at Fota Island Resort. It is wonderful to hear about your stay at the hotel.

Our spa treatments are luxurious and I am delighted that you got to spend time there to unwind and be pampered. We take great pleasure in offering a relaxing ambiance at our hotel, allowing you to unwind and enjoy your break. Our relaxing and luxurious hydrotherapy pool is without a doubt a haven for such relaxation and I am glad to hear you got to enjoy it.

I am delighted to hear that you got to play a round of golf on our breathtaking course. I hope you enjoyed the spectacular views on your way around.

I am delighted to hear you experienced such a warm welcome. Our staff take great pleasure in ensuring our guests are well looked after and made feel utterly welcome.
I will most definitely pass on this wonderful acknowledgement to our staff.

I hope to see you back at Fota Island resort in the very near future.

cork
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here (2adults)recently and when we arrived 5pm on Saturday were informed that casual dining in the bar was till 7pm only and there was limited if any availability plus no restaurant availability. Very surprised at this as we did want a quick meal that evening. We ate out in the city and food and did have a couple of drinks in the bar later which was fine. Rooms good,lovely bathroom and good breakfast the next morning.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CorkDeena
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I would like to thank you for giving us feedback.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overnight stay in Fota Island Hotel & Spa. However, I was disappointed to learn that there was no restaurant availability when you arrived. We are generally very busy on weekend nights, but we do try to prioritise our residents’ needs by fiving them first refusal on the available space. This obviously wasn’t communicated to you in time, for which I sincerely apologise. Despite this negative, I hope you will decide to visit us again in the not-too-distant future.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Can't understand how they actually got five stars. If they were a four star it wouldn't be as disappointing.

If management are reading this they need to sort out the restaurant.
The chairs are actually stained. I have seen better chairs in my local pub. Menus have food stains on them. Food is overpriced for what it is. Its basic pub grub.

Staff are nice, couldn't fault the welcome but the food is only alright.

We went to Gilberts in cobh the second night for dinner. That was brilliant. Management should go there for a meal and compare themselves.

The bed in the room was good quality and so was the linen.
Floors creak all over the hotel but I'd forgive that. Didn't really bother me.

Spa was good. Hydropools were nice

However the afternoon tea was def the highlight. It was brilliant. A lot of effort put into it...

Don't think id stay here again to be honest. But would come for afternoon tea for sure

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Fota Island Resort.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities and facilities in the hotel and spa. However, I am disappointed that you did not receive the five star service and excellence we pride ourselves on at Fota Island Resort. I will of course pass on your positive and negative comments about the restaurant to the appropriate departments.
As you may be aware, we have tried to contact you personally to discuss your feedback.

I hope you will consider visiting Fota Island Resort in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fota Island
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork

Been to Fota Island Resort? Share your experiences!