We had a lovely break at this hotel, I booked the hotel direct with Alex and she was very friendly and professional in dealing with my booking. We booked a great offer via Travelzoo which included breakfast an upgrade if available and use of Hydrotherapy suite. When we arrived we were very impressed with the hotel both externally and internally. We were checked in by a very friendly female member of staff, we could see the hotel was busy with a wedding party so therefore an upgrade wasn't possible, however we were very impressed with check in as she went out of her way to obtain an upgrade for us to a premier room. This room was fantastic very modern clean and large with a king size comfortable bed, the bathroom was equally large with seperate rainshower and bath. Lots of fluffy white towells, good quality bathrobes and slippers. We were so impressed we didn't want to leave the hotel so cancelled our evening meal in Cork and booked into the Cove hotel restaurant instead. The meal was lovely and again the service from Laurent was excellent. There were only a few couples in that evening which was a shame but although excellent we felt as the hotel was in such a lovely setting the restaurant would be even better with views like the family restaurant the Fota.
We relaxed in the Hydrotherapy suite and the pool which is a really good size for a hotel. My partner used the fitness suite which again was excellent and I booked last minute for Spa treatments. Again I was impressed to be booked in at late notice and again staff were excellent, friendly and personable. They even gave tips on best places to visit in the area. The staff were so very friendly even whilst working under pressure on a very busy day in the spa for them.
Breakfasts in the Fota restaurant were excellent buffet style with lots of choice. This is a lovely restaurant with scenic views and terrace.
We visited nearby Kinsale, a quaint town with lots of good reataurants Fishy Fishy and Jolas are recommended. We had intended to travel further but as the hotel was so lovely and with fantastic service, after a long drive from Dublin it was just what was needed to relax and unwind. This hotel cannot be faulted for its lovely location, views and excellent levels of service received from all staff from check in to departure. Often when I travel, and as a travel agent I travel alot, I feel the hotels are ok but this hotel exceeds expectations which is not usually the case. We had a lovely break and will definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork