After a lovely stay in fota in June this year my partner and I returned to stay last weekend for his birthday. After a nice day we went to the bar at 9pm for a drink. With the weather nice we moved outside for 20 mins. Unfortunately my boyfriend left his wallet tucked away by accident in the chair. When we returned and realised the misplacement the wallet had been stolen. Granted the hotel are not responsible for the bad actions of other people but their unprofessionalism and coldness has left us very upset. There were 5 barmen on duty that night. Not 1 came to help us when we informed them of the situation. The bar manager suggested we go around the bar and ask the customers!
The wallet turned up in the corridor to the toilets minutes later,less €220.The hotel manager informed us he would make investigations and after waiting over an hour he did not return. The thing that struck me the most was the lack of CCTV cameras. There is no CCTV covering any of the lounge (only the tills) , the outside decking and also there is no CCTV in the corridor on the way to the toilets. Had this been the case the situation would have been solved straight away. After no action/update I finally rang the guards who arrived ASAP and informed us that a similar situation took place at the hotel previously, and that the hotel had been advised to install CCTV throughout.
The hotel took no responsibility and no empathy for an incident that took place in their hotel. Surely your belongings should be safe!!! There was an extreme lack of customer service and a blasé attitude. On check out the manager had again disappeared and we were handed our full bill with no gesture despite an awful experience. In general the hotel is far from 5 star with children roaming the bar and deck at 11pm. Hardly appropriate for a relaxing weekend and also against the law.
Our stay was ruined and the complete lack of customer service from the hotel and the manager as left a bad taste in our mouths.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fota Island Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest five star resort properties. Just 15 minutes from Cork City Centre, 20 minutes from Cork International Airport and 2 hours from Dublin, it offers 131 bedrooms and suites overlooking the surrounding 800 acres of woodland and championship-standard golf courses. Tennis, running trails and a world class spa - with 18 treatment rooms, swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and 24-hour fitness room - are just some of the many leisure facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fota Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fota Island Hotel Fota Island
- Sheraton Fota Island Hotel
- Sheraton Cork
- Fota Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Hotel Cork