“Great stay for our Disney trip”

Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights 26th-29th April. We were in room 3035 which was such a large and well turned out room that I actually enquired at reception to see if we had been upgraded! However this is just a standard family room but one on the larger side. We had plenty of lovely toileteries - more then enough for the 4 of us, bottles of water, tea/coffee and kettle and fridge. The double bed was HUGE! and ver comfortable and there were also bunk beds which were seperated from us by a curtain. the kids loved this and had a great nights sleep too.

We all enjoyed breakfast here and found there was plenty of choice and never had to wait more then 2 minutes to be seated.

The hotel was very well kept, lovely and roomy and airy and the grounds with the lake are very pretty too.

All staff that we dealt with were very helpful and friendly. Only niggle was in the shop. The till scanner had broken so we were not able to buy the things we wanted :( I asked could she just not type the bar code in to the till but this was just met with a shrug of no. My son was dissapointed not to be able to buy what he wanted but really this was just a minor thing.

We would definatley stay here again and much prefered it to its sister hotel Magic Circus.

Room Tip: room 3035 - very spacious, great view and fab condition
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerFR, Manager at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear valuable guest,

first of all I like to thank you that you wrote a review on Tripadvisor about our Dream Castle Hotel.
We are all really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us..

With best regards from France

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The hotel has all the amenities necessary to enjoy a trip to Disneyland with kids, but not a huge amount to appeal otherwise (but then, why would it?). The rooms are large and comfortable, with a curtained off bunk bed for kids (very useful when most hotels do not seem to offer connecting rooms). The hotel copes well with the influx of large numbers of residents at more or less the same time for breakfast. The food on offer at the breakfast buffet is adequate. The pool is quite pleasant – it was deserted when we used it and the kids had a great time on the slide. Indeed the pool was only surpassed in the kids opinion by the Pac Man game in the hotel lobby (Disneyland itself apparently comes a poor third……). There’s a nice lake at the rear of the hotel that you can wonder around, which offers the opportunity for a peaceful break from the manic environment of Disneyland.

So, the all-important question – should you stay in a Disney hotel or does the better value of the Dream Castle win the day? If I were to go again, I would strongly consider staying in a Disney hotel. The Disney hotels (or most of them) are essentially a continuation of the park/village and hence maintain the sense of immersion in Disney and are a lot more convenient (although the buses are very regular to and from Dream Castle). Residents at the Disney hotels also get a few perks in terms of early and more convenient entry to the parks. On the other hand – bizarrely – the Disney hotels did not seem to cater particularly well for families with young children who are not quite old enough to have their own room.

1  Thank Mutandis
Reviewed April 29, 2014

having stayed at the hotel for a week we could only eat there on 2 and a bit days of our stay due to a very disorganized restaurant and staffing schedule after many complaints we were promised a refund and yet nearly 2 months later still no refund ?
this is such a shame as the hotel is really very clean and the staff quite good and location .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven d
GeneralManagerFR, General Manager at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your stay in our hotel and for your feedback on Tripadvisor, which took our immediate attention.

We would sincerely like to apologize for the lack of follow-up you explained in your comment and kindly invite you to contact us directly under:
Tobias.Scheibl@vi-hotels.com , in order to find an immediate solution to the happening you described, and to fully satisfy you.

Also we will be pleaded to discuss your stay experience with you by telephone or per e-mail, in order to assure the improvement of our weaknesses for the future.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and remain at your entire disposal for any questions or requests you might have.

Yours sincerely

Goran TODOROVIC

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Generally a pretty good hotel if you do not mind staying off resort but is generally cheaper. The room was very clean and well maintained. The language barrier can be a hit and miss with staff. Some spoke English very well while some others didn't. But it wasn't a huge problem. Shuttle service runs around every 20 minutes.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerFR, Manager at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Mr. Matthew,

We are all really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will work with our staff to increase their english knowledge.

With sunny regards from Paris

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just home from a fabulous four night stay at this hotel. I read the reviews after booking and was very apprehensive about my stay. However on arrival we found the hotel lobby big clean and NO QUE to check in although we didn't arrive until around 6 so maybe this is why. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. When we got to our bedroom we were exhausted especially after the walk down the very long corridor we found our bedroom clean comfortable and large. The room had a fridge and a safe also with tea and coffee making facilities which are FREE, the beds were very comfortable and pillows were great, nice good hygiene products in bathroom. The breakfast was selection wasn't brilliant but we always found something filling and tasty to eat, we never experienced having to wait or que for breakfast infact we never seen a que to get into the breakfast room. One evening we ate in the musketeer dinning room which we found again not a great selection and was quite expensive however the food was lovely. We ate in the bar one evening, we found the food nicer and a better selection as the dining room only offer a buffet style meal. It was also cheaper to eat in the bar. The room service menu offers the same menu as the bar however expect to pay double the price just for the luxury of room service. The hotel boasts a lovely little pool with slide which we used on two occasions and found no problems with, yes the floor wasn't immaculate but what would you expect in a busy facility, there is no pool attendant and we never saw any staff around the pool area. There is a games room and a spa- again quite expensive. The hotel has a nice disney shop which is good to pick up last min gifts. There is also a luggage room to leave you bags in after check out. There are facilities to charge mobile phones in the lobby if you need to avail of these services on last day when bags are packed etc, reasonable price to use. Lots of vending machines around the hotel and little rides for the kids which are expensive and quite short . Location wise the hotel is great 10mins on the shuttle bus :Tip on bus very busy around 10:30pm after firework show it is actually very dangerous there are about 300 people all trying to squeeze onto the one bus people push and shove trying to get on, I would advise to wait on a later on they run until 12 as the Disney village is still open after park closes. or else leave the park before the firework show starts. The bus is very regular about 10-15 min and it's Free!! Over all a great home from home close to the parks friendly staff. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor have a security guard on the floor all night which is good. Try to get...
1  Thank Michelle M

Dear Mrs. Michelle,

We are all really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Just to let you know we are currently working on a new system for breakfast to reduce the queues in front of the restaurant.

With sunny regards from Paris

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at dream castle for just 2 nights Friday and Saturday for my birthday. From reading other recent reviews I was dreading breakfast and shuttle bus queues. These fears were unfounded. Considering it was a weekend we got to breakfast at 0800 both days and there were plenty of tables and huge variety of food to have hot and cold.
We got the shuttle bus at approx 9-9.30 both days, no problem getting on at all. Definitely no 90 min wait for bus to turn up, we just missed one on sunday and another came just 10 mins later half empty.
Check in and check out easy, no queues.
Room large, bed comfortable. Shower nice and hot.
Overall I am really pleased with my choice. Would definitely stay here again.
Don't let others negative reviews put you off booking this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha B

Dear valued customer,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Dream Castle hotel, and for having taken the time to write your feedback.

We are happy that you could enjoy the stay at the Dream Castle Hotel over our birthday.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to our hotel.

Yours sincerely

Goran TODOROVIC

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed with my family for the birthday occasion of little sister (6 years old) , luckily, only for 2 days and have managed to experience terrible service and had an awful experience. Have a degree in hospitality and working in hotels my review will be helpful for you to know, potential guest.

bad points:

Firstly, during check-in I arrived first as currently living in Switzerland and my family arrived 1 hour later from Russia. Lady was struggling to check me in and suggested to wait in lobby for my family to come even though the room was paid.

Secondly, we had a family room, which is quite good , but had no amenities for bathroom just bath gel and smth else, no tooth brush and etc in terms of them willing to save hotel costs. We had only 2 cups for 4 people to drink a tea and coffee which was also served for 2 pax. I went down to reception to ask them kindly to bring me as soon they have time, and when were back home at 10 pm, everything stayed the same.Next morning I went again, they were surprised , apologised and promised to deliver, again, back at night - nothing. I had to call reception to bring me 2 cups, is it that difficult and FD agent said me that housekeeping is not working anymore, so I have to come at pick cups at reception. Is it really belong to Vi-hotels? not sure

Thirdly, we forgot leather jacket costing 1700 euros , 2 toys and kid's trousers in the room. Hope through this comment I will reach executives of hotel to pay more attention to their staff. I understand that it was our responsibility and I will never prove it and get my stuff back... BUT, we called them at the day of check-out from Barcelona, none picked up the phone as usually and then how much difficulties I have faced. I was ready to pay DHL, everything i just wanted my stuff back. after several times explanations I was connected to Sabrina , who is the ONLY person responsible for lost&found, she was not ready to talk, always on her meetings, and working till 4. So I have tried to communicate to her the whole our stay(5 days) while were at Barcelona, no results. While I was trying to reach her or anyone, staff who was answering the phone were extremely rude and just did not care at all of my issue. So the only thing for me was to forget Sabrina and accept her one "email apologize" on my several email just asking, hoping and begging her for help.
I had to contact Vi-hotel , even though it was not also helpful, but at least they were nice to me and answered directly my email. Firstly it was Ms.[--] and then Tobias [--] who actually contacted me by phone after receiving my email. I know that Sabrina's idea to go to police of my country and to claim the issue as a theft is super useless and I would never manage to prove the issue... anyway, Mr.Tobias was nice to me, he said that he checked the issue by himself, who knows, may be its true. asked me for address so he can make smth else to me to please, however I still waiting for at least nice chocolate and letter from him.,, but should my leather jacket cost a bar of chocolate ? should I wait for 2000 $ chocolate cake? Anyway, I can not change anything now.
But working in Ritz-Carlton and Kempinski I know that all hotel and not only 5* should have a lost&found policy, should keep lost stuff for a long period of time and be really strict to that issues.

Fourth, on the floor there were a lot of dirty plats on the floor after room service
Fifth, do not order special birthday cake with as they say 20 minutes of entertainment, which was just ok and not even 5 minutes ... the ugly cartoon hero and really nervous waiters , however the cake was tasty

I usually stay in Vi-hotels during my trips and all my family have been doing so, but now I am not sure that Vi-hotels will be our first priority. They have absolutely lost my loyalty.

good points:

The hotel itself really nice, but better them to remove all that "entertainment" from lobby which really makes it look not nice
Nice smell in the lobby
For kids it is cool to experience 2 level bed
Breakfast is quite good
Location is nice and there are disney shuttles
Btw, there is a free shuttle to airport

2  Thank miroshnichenko_e
GeneralManagerFR, Manager at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much your feedback.

First of I’d like to apologies for not reaching your expectations in case of service from our side.
Please let me take the chance to give you feedback about your points:

By check in it an security issue to not letting anyone into the room if they are not the person.
This was not against you it was for your own safety.

Regarding the amenities we do have in every room hand soup, shower gel & shampoo from a company called l’Occitane
and this products are absolute top products. I did speak already to our team about the lack of service in the areas not reacting quick enough to guest requests like the coffee cups for your
free coffee & tea amenities in the room.

Let me please give you feedback about your Statement lost jacket and the two toys.
I’m really sorry if you forgot your items and I do understand your hepless situation.
We did went to your room and to our lost and found department and did not found anything
As I informed you already on the phone. We did respond as soon as we got your message, but as I have written you via email as well
We just reached our voicemail. After we had our conversations via phone we did send you a present.
If you did not received the present from us we are more than happy to send you again something nice.
We will check more often the floors to have less dirty plates on the corridors, thank you for your helping feedback.
And we just started with our new characters Victor at the Dream Castle Hotel last week if you want I can send you pictures.

It was not at all your target to make you unhappy and give you the impression about that you are not important to us.

We hope that we do not lose you as an customer at Vienna International and please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

With best regards

Tobias Scheibl

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Newport Bay Club
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your experiences!