5,425 results
All reviewsdream castlecastle themeshuttle busbunk bedsfamily roomdisney villagescrambled eggstop bunkswimming poolhot foodhotel lobbyarcade gamesevening buffetcroissantsbeansplanet hollywoodball pit
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just got back from Dreamcastle. Had a budget deal and im hooked. we checked in around 6pm and were upgraded to a suite. i asked for the sofa to be made up as son and i dont mind sharing a room but we like to sleep separate. we had a stunning room in the turret and heard no noise whatsoever all night. only minus point was when we checked in the sink was blocked with someone elses grime but i wasnt giving up a suite so we just washed hands from the bath lol. loved the l'occitaine toiletries. touch of luxury. shower pressure wasnt great but it was manageable, 2 power points immediately visible and others behind the curtains. loads of space and the beds were lovely and comfortable and i didnt wake up all night. breakfast was beautifully laid out, a great variety of both hot and cold food, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. i didnt find prices for food or drink any worse than anywhere else within disney to be honest.

the one downside was the shuttle buses. rude people throwing themselves into all the doors even before others had got off at their stops. one woman who appeared to be using a small child in a buggy as a primitive battering ram. after the disney dreams last night we saw around 200 people at the stop which serviced all 4 hotels in that area. we opted for a cab at 10 euros, and had a lovely driver who thought nothing of going at 90mph for most of the journey lol. i'd recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Julia D
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is in the surrounding area of Disneyland Paris. It is an good option for those who do not wish to pay a lot of money in Dinsey hotels. The room was spacious, clean to some extent, and we've got all the facilities we need in the room.

However, the room feels as my wife described it "very consumed" which implies that the hotel needs renovation. The breakfast was good as it included a variety of food but it could be better. The apple juice, for instance, was nothing like apple. Queuing was not a problem because we were there during October even if there was in fact a lot of people visiting DL at that time.

One horrible thing I should mention is Wifi. When you travel you need Wifi to make bookings, check maps online, change bookings maybe, and many other things. The Wifi did not work in our room at all. I called the staff to ask them about it they acted like "stupid": "Oh, we will check with the technician but I am not sure" these kinds of responses. I mean I am very disappointed with that. The staff was not helpful. Fixing the Wifi should not really be a problem for a hotel like this. They should have technicians for any problems at anytime. We stayed two nights and it never worked meaning that they know about it but they dont want to fix it which is something I find to be somewhat an act of theft. Why? Because imagine if you book a hotel room with no bed or no lights, what would you do? You would like to get your money back and leave. We pay money for the room including all services and when one service like wifi is included then it should be available in the room.

A final comment on shuttle service. As I mentioned before despite the fact that we were in DL in October where less people are expected than in peak times like in Summer or Christmas times, the shuttle bus was so slow, lots of people, and it was always late. The hotels needs more buses!

I would not therefore recommend this hotel. People go there to enjoy DL I recommend paying more money to enjoy at a disney hotel which can help avoiding the bus problem!

Room Tip: If you REALLY want to enjoy DL just pay more money and get a disney hotel. Why bother with shuttle buses?
1  Thank Osama117
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel was alright, had many minor things that were quite annoying and ruined parts of the stay. Room (family room) was small and the TV was terrible quality, other than that the room was ok. WIFI was free but was very poor connection and i had to go to the lobby to get decent connection and it was 10 euro a day for proper WIFI. A big problem was the many games in the lobby and 'games room'. First of all many were out of service but the biggest problem was that when we put the money in the machines (which was really expensive) most of the time it would take the money and not give it back. Then when we went to the lobby and asked for the money back the staff were very unhelpful and wouldn't give it back. Also food was another slight dissapointment. Dinner was nice and there was many different types of good food to choose from at the buffet which was only 9 euro for kids, except they were too scabby to let us bring up a few small bread rolls up to the room for our son who was asleep which I though was outrageous. Breakfast was mediocre and some food was cold and the sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs were horrible. The only nice things were the potato chips and croissants. Shuttles too and from the hotel to Disney were ok, some busses were full but they came every 15-20 mins so it was fine. Pool was cool and the kids enjoyed the water slide except there was too much chlorine in the pool and as a result i had to spend 10 mins washing myself to get it off. Not to mention that the shampoo was terrible and made my hair feel all rugged like it had not have been washed in a week! Other than these things we had a good stay at this hotel but is not as good as it might look, this is a mediocre hotel and is good for kids but is a very low 4 star and you pay for what you get.

1  Thank pierce h
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Just returned from 4 night stay at this hotel and I can only assume that the French hotel rating system is different from here in UK

Positives:
Hotel lobby very impressive kids loved it
Room spacious and bed comfortable again kids loved bunk beds
Good choice at cold buffet and tasted ok
Free shuttle bus to park
Swimming pool ideal for kids

Negatives:
Hot buffet was shocking avoid at all costs especially breakfast
Service average at best though some staff better than others
Food and drink prices were very expensive even for Paris, made worse by fact food below average
All signs say that pool opens at 7am - it doesn't it is 8 as I was told on no uncertain terms by reception staff when I queried the signage
Also as mentioned by previous reviewer they charge 2 euros to use pool towel - I wouldn't worry about this too much as I have yet to see a member of staff in the pool area
The pool changing room area and showers were very dirty. I would like to give them the benefit of doubt but I was first there in morning and there was litter on floor, hairs in shower and generally not pleasant.
Shuttle buses were every man for himself so be warned not for the faint hearted!

Would I stay there again - no! This is mainly down to the very poor quality of evening meals and the shockingly high prices they charge for it, and since there is nothing else within walking distance they have captive audience. If you have older kids and can stay out bit later and eat elsewhere then location and bedrooms ok.

1  Thank Scotlady73
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Before my trip to Disney contacted the hotel if they could help me with a Birthday surprise.
Armelle TAHI got back to me very fast with the reply that he would arrange a Nice surprise, VIP treatment and maybe a upgrade.

Upon arriving we found out we had been upgraded to a suite, With balloons, candy and even a L'Occitane gift from the hotel. WOW And coming back from a day of Disney there was even a cake waiting for us in the room. So Great Service.

Breakfast was ok every basic you might need is there,
Shuttle to Disney can be very busy in the morning (and it wasn't even high season) But could be expected being to last stop. Same with the bus after Disney dreams but waiting for the next one didn't take too long. Just be patient.
Didn't use any of the other facilities like the pool or the spa. So can't command on that.

Now some negative:
There were dirty plates in the hallway and the stayed there for a good DAY and a HALF. Not something you expect in a 4* hotel and in the meantime our room had been cleaned, we notice somebody vacuuming the hallway further doom but nobody took care of the dirty plates probably not in there job description .
The showerhead in our room nr 3010 was in need of some replacing/ fixing and also the L'Occitane pumps 2 outta 4 didn't work. Didn't bother complaining at the time since we where having too much fun in the Disney parks and was only for 3 nights.

All in all a great trip