“Perfect for families with young children”

Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel is perfect for families with young children wanting to visit Disney or Paris.

I booked this as a 3 night stopover hotel on the way back from the South of France, mainly for the shuttle service to the station so we could easily get into Paris, Val d ‘Europe & Vallee Village shopping outlet and to be honest this service was brilliant and worked really well.

However I made the mistake of booking BB and it was like a wacky warehouse feeding frenzy! I really wouldn’t recommend this for parents with Teenagers or a romantic break.

Also beware you only get 1 small pillow per person despite asking and even visiting reception 3 times they had none available, not sure if you can book pillows in advance!

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the lake & gardens (however I did but they had none available) Ask for extr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bon_Voyage_Suzanne
Write a ReviewReviews (4,945)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is an OK hotel! However, for the €180 per night we paid, it should be a lot more than. 'Ok'. Over a 2 week period, we encountered several issues that we were unhappy with. Breakfasting here is chaotic to say the least and not something we looked forward to each morning. Queuing for up to 20 minutes for a 'smash and grab breakfast is not something I'd expect in a hotel in this price range. Several times our room wasn't serviced which in itself, not the end of the world, but again, I'd expect more. We were particularly unhappy with dining choices in the evening. The all-you-can-eat buffet option leaves you with very little Change out of €100, ok for a one off, but for every evening, becomes prohibitively pricey. Customer service was ok, if a little surly. Lots of games for children, but EVERYTHING costs €2 so, not cheap.

on the basis of value for money, we won't stay here again.

1  Thank Fiona M
GeneralManagerFR, General Manager at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your comments about your stay at the Dream Castle Hotel.

Your remarks regarding the waiting time for breakfast as well as the cleanliness of your room took our full attention, and we would like to apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations.

Please be assured that we transferred your feedback to our whole staff, in order to avoid that happenings like this will reoccur in the future.

It would be a real pleasure for us to welcome you back to the Dream Castle Hotel in order to completely satisfy you and your family and to restore the image of our hotel.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or requests you might have.

Yours sincerely

Goran TODOROVIC

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was pleased with this hotel at first. The bathroom was lovely, the room was perfectly nice, large and clean. Breakfast was nice enough but I found there was a long wait for a table every day, and the breakfast wasn't really worth the wait. It wasn't until a negative experience at check out that I decided I wouldn't be returning.

I had to get up at 5 in the morning on Boxing Day, and as I was tired and had a VERY long walk to the foyer (I was further away from the lifts than I've ever been before in a hotel), I called down to get some help with my suitcase and was told this was a service they don't offer. I was put in a bad mood by having to drag my suitcase along carpet for 5 minutes, but I would have got over it. When I got downstairs they presented me with my check out bill which included 59 Euro for 2 phone calls. Shocked, I said I hadn't made any long-distance phone calls. It turns out these calls were to Disneyland Paris - right down the road! I had lost a very special necklace either in my room or at Disneyland itself and was calling guest services at the park to see if they had seen it. I had called Disneyland Paris from my hotel in Paris city as well, and it had cost me 60 Euro cents (and was obviously a lot further away than this hotel). Blame the tiredness, but I got a bit teary as I tried to argue that 59 Euro was a ridiculous amount of money for two fairly short LOCAL calls. The two staff members were extremely rude about it and said too bad, I had used the phone, I had to pay the bill. I guess I could have checked the cost before making the calls, but I never would have imagined that calling a place 5 minutes down the road would cost anything more than a few Euro at most. I had no choice but to pay the bill. The same staff member was also rude to me when I asked him to look in lost and found to see if my necklace had been handed in. All in all, a very bad end to what would have been a nice stay. Wish I'd taken that extra 60 Euro and applied it to a Disney hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for one near the elevators!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kayjay2013

Dear valued customer,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Dream Castle hotel, and for having taken the time to write your detailed comments.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel in general.

All the more we are very sorry that we could not fully meet your expectations regarding the behavior of our employees during your Check/Out, as well as the incident regarding your telephone bill.
We would sincerely like to apologize for the inconveniences caused and remain at your entire disposal if you wish to discuss this happening further.

Your feedback has of course been taken very seriously in order to apply improvements for the future.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to our hotel, in order to completely satisfy you and your family.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or requests you might have.

Yours sincerely

Goran TODOROVIC

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Let's not beat about the bush. If you're thinking of staying at this hotel there's probably a better than even chance that you have children and are visiting the area pretty much exclusively for Disneyland Paris. If that's the case, you won't go far wrong at the Dream Castle. If on the other hand you're looking for a luxury boutique hotel with refined service and a high level dining experience you might want to think again.

The hotel is a perfectly adequate base with which to spend a few exhilarating days exploring the thrills and delights of the Disney parks. True, the hotel is primarily populated by families, many of whom have young children (go figure!). It's also true that it can get very busy and boisterous, and breakfast in particular can be a testing experience if you like a quiet, leisurely meal. But then, if that's the case, Disneyland might not be for you either!

Despite being a modern hotel, and quite a large one at that, it's reasonably looked after and we found the room (a family room with a queen bed and a bunk for the children) to be a good size by European standards. The Dream Castle theme is perhaps somewhat overstated, but the decorations and few mini funfair rides for the children at least give it a bit of atmosphere and serve as an ever-present reminder of why you are really here without the over-the-top pomp of the nearby Disney-owned hotels.

The hotel is set about a five minute drive from Disney's main car parks. Our package included free parking, so we never made use of the free shuttle service. That said, we saw the buses on a regular basis and, running every fifteen minutes or so, other guests never seemed to have a problem getting on-board. On a couple of occasions we witnessed what looked like a scrum to be first on – but that's hardly a fault of the hotel and more symptomatic of the guests' behaviour. For some reason Disneyland seems to turn even normal, mature adults into pushing, shoving, elbowing monsters who left their manners at home! Still, it certainly made us grateful for the free parking permit which meant we could get to the parks when we wanted, under our own steam, and avoiding any unpleasantness.

Breakfast was a decent spread, with a mixture of traditional continental and cooked items. It certainly helps to set up you for a busy day. As mentioned earlier, it can get exceptionally busy, and with breakfast served between 7am and 11am it seemed that it got particularly busy from around 8.30 onwards – at times leading to long queues to get in the restaurant. If you can stomach rising a bit earlier we certainly found that breakfast was a far more pleasant experience before 8am.

Much like breakfast, if you're expecting to be able to use the leisure facilities and swimming pool for R&R you may well be disappointed. Again, it gets very busy – particularly towards the end of the day with families returning from the parks. Despite that, with temperatures hitting 30 degrees every day during our stay, a quick dip to cool off in the small pool was more than welcome at the end of the day.

The hotel staff are largely fine, nothing more or less. As in any hotel of this size some are better than others, but overall the majority at least give the impression of being friendly and seemingly happy to help.

One major disappointment was the lack of evening dining options worthy of note. The hotel offers an international evening buffet which is largely unappetising and of poor quality, and is certainly overpriced at close to €30 per adult and €15 per child. Room service is pretty much the same story, with prices starting at €12 for a bowl of run-of-the-mill soup or €18 for a very ordinary pizza. With the restaurants within Disneyland itself also being very expensive, and of largely indifferent quality, we found the best local dining to be had either in local restaurants in the nearby villages or within the food court at the Val d'Europe shopping centre – where you can find a steak house, a Chinese and an Italian restaurant all offering better quality food at half the price.

Overall though we enjoyed our stay at the Dream Castle. It was an ideal base for Disneyland (and even into Paris, if you fancy a change and aren't too tired from the whole Disney experience) and if or when we come back to Disney we'd certainly consider using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel facing the courtyard and lake for a more appealing view.
6  Thank Dicky M
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I read the dodgy reviews before I left ,but shouldn't have worried.
pros- clean quiet room
air conditioning
wide range at breakfast - lovely fruit!
no problems with shuttle bus
quick check in/out
polite hard working staff
lovely small swimming pool
cons - reception busy with children.But what do you expect?
a little worn in places
Both my husband and I liked being away from busy disney. I have been to a lower star disney hotel and preferred this.

Room Tip: Views of the garden are lovely!
5  Thank josie33
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Staff on reception were very helpful when we arrived, explained where everything was and times for food/room service/buses.
Hotel is nicely decorated with even the corridors fitting well with the castle theme. The room was very big, even though there was only 2 of us we were given a family room with a large bed and bunk beds. Beautiful view of the grounds from our room on 3rd floor. Nice big bath and good quality toiletries.
Breakfast can be busy if you don't get there early but even when there is a big queue you get in pretty quickly. Good selection of cold meats and cheeses, pastries and fruit. Hot selection wasn't great but there are enough other options.
Shuttle bus to Disney is very regular so you can easily pop back to the hotel in the day if you need to without losing too much time at the parks.
Will definitely stay either here or at the sister hotel if we go back to Disney, much cheaper than Disney hotels but doesn't feel cheap at all.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank fromagefaye
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ok, what do you get when you have lots of adults, lots of children and throw in a bit of "Disney" hyperactivity? Did I hear the word "chaos"? Yes you'd be correct. Especially at breakfast time and shuttle bus time at the "Dream Castle".
Having read previous reviews I had envisaged a nightmare rather than a dream stay but was pleasantly surprised by our stay.
The staff coped very well with the amount of guests and I saw none of the ill-tempered behaviours from the staff which had been reported in previous reviews.
The breakfast was adequate with yoghurts, breads, hams, cheeses and a hot selection (scrambled egg, sausage, bacon) and coffee and juices from vending machines. Be prepared to queue for breakfast it will stand you in good stead for Disney queues later! The staff are extremely busy and turn the tables around for the next sitting very efficiently.
The room was clean and had a large bed and bunk beds and was fine for the time we spent there - we stayed in 1005 on the ground floor at the very end of the building (not much of a view) but a quiet room.
The shuttle bus stops at the Dream Castle last in line on the bus route and the shuttles seemed busy regardless of which time we travelled, therefore prepare to stand for most of the journeys too and from the Disney Park but they are every ten minutes and the journey is not too long.
I would not consider the hotel a 4 star compared to other hotels I have stayed in but compared to the Disney Park hotels I think this hotel offers a reasonable stay for less money. I cannot comment on the evening meals as we did not eat at the hotel in the evening - would suggest Val d'Europe for less expensive dining options if you can.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scousergirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your experiences!