“Let down”

Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed March 12, 2013

5 years ago our holiday here was excellent on all levels. This year the staff attitude and service was very poor. Room dirty and my daughters bunk bed was unsafe. Also her light switch at the top bunk pulled out of the wall revealing bear wires. Bear wires on hair dryer in bathroom. Pink mould around shower errrrr in fact all round bath. Most of the kids play rides/machines were out of order. Breakfast was a mad fight. Wouldn't go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Joposi
There are newer reviews for Vienna House Dream Castle Paris

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just got back from the Castle this evening - we were very sad to say goodbye to Dream Castle. Beds were unbelievably comfortable - so much so that it was difficult to drag ourselves out of them for breakfast each morning. Lovely toiletries were provided in the room. The room temperature was very warm, we were snug as bugs and were able to control the temperature to suit - brilliant! The train Station is right at Disney so look for the 54 shuttle bus to Dream Castle - we never waited for more than 10 minutes - very frequent and not as packed as previous reviews have stated. Staff were elegant and friendly, especially Laura who understood and spoke English perfectly. Breakfast was a typical french buffet style breakfast...fresh french bread - yum! All in all I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to revisiting it in years to come.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tweetheart89
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The receptionist was in training an insisted I gave her a voucher when there was no need to, the reservation had been booked and prepaid and I had written proof.
The room was average with loads of black marks on the walls. No separate shower from the bath in a 4-star hotel. The toiletries however were of good quality (l'occitane en provence, a good organic brand).
Buffet breakfast was ok with an acceptable choice of cold and warm food as well as drinks.
The biggest disappointment was the decoration inside the hotel. Apart from a few banners and portraits, it looks nothing like a castle.
It's convenient and cheaper than the Disney hotels, but not that great value-for-money-wise.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Ppef
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here in June 2012, with our children, aged 4 and 1, and had a fabulous time! We chose the hotel as it was better value than the Disney ones and my daughter loves castles and knights etc. First impressions were good and we were glad we'd chosen this hotel rather than the other 3 on the strip. Sure, the style of the lobby is rather cheesy and could definitely have done without the slot machines but you expect a bit of cheese at Disney! Personally, I'd have liked a bit more medieval theming, but that's just me.
Our most negative experience was check-in, which took AGES! We arrived at 12 on a Monday, there were only 3 families in the queue but the whole process took over an hour, which was disappointing when we wanted to get to the parks. There just didn't seem to be enough staff and we were checked in by a pleasant lady who was quite confused as she didn't usually work on reception. I have to say, when we left, they were much more prepared as the check-in queue was going quickly, with refreshments offered to those in the queue.
The room was lovely - spotlessly clean, with a huge, comfy bed. There was a hospitality tray, but it didn't get replenished. Great bathroom too. It was a big room, with plenty of space for cot and pushchair.
Breakfast was good, with a nice selection of hot and cold food. My baby adored the fruit purée! There were characters there too, not proper Disney ones, but good imitations. my daughter thought she'd danced with Donald Duck so that was good! We also ate at the restaurant one evening and, although pricey, was lovely food with a yummy selection of predominantly French dishes and amazing cakes. My children enjoyed it too, although you might want to think twice if you have picky eaters as it's not as obviously child friendly as the restaurants in the park.
We also enjoyed a relaxing stroll through the hotel gardens to the lake one evening; a great antidote to the hustle of Disneyland.
The shuttle service was regular and easy to use, if rather crammed. People weren't always terribly considerate with a baby in my arms but that's not the hotel's fault.
On the way there, we took the shuttle from Charles de Gaulle and were pleased to discover that there are some pickups directly from the hotel, not just the Disney hotels, as we thought we'd have to catch it from the transport interchange. You can buy tickets from the hotel lobby.
We've since stayed at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, which was great too - I'm not sure which we'd return to next time. The Cheyenne made you feel more immersed in Disney and we loved being able to walk to the parks, but the Dream Castle was definitely a better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

The beds were very comfortable, but the hotel could use freshing up. The rooms are very large the bathrooms are also a good size but the carpets could use a good clean. Breakfast is included, it's a buffet and is actually pretty good. The staff are friendly and helpful, but reception is always busy as the hotel appears to be pretty full all the time. If you get a good rate the hotel is worth it, I wouldn't pay the normal full rate which appears to be about 250 euro a night. The hotel runs a shuttle bus to disney which runs very frequently and is very convenient, we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, it was high season when we were there and the bus runs more frequently in high season. It only takes about 5 mins to get to Disney on the bus and they continue to service the Disney Village for about two hours after The park closed, which was good for a late dinner.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hotel had pluses and minuses

Minus
Super cheesy lobby understand the cliental they aim for but the games and mechanical ride machines could be placed anywhere else
Water in room never got above luke warm
There was no shower gel in our room for two days I even stuck the empty container on the sink and still wasn't replaced till I went down to reception. Housekeeping brought giant bag with no new container (reception took original) man proceeded to answer calls while in our room and hung out in our bathroom while doing so. Awkward
Last stop on the shuttle so in the morning you aren't getting on better to walk to Explorers hotel next door
Bathrooms every where in hotel had a putrid smell
Pillows where half the size of normal ones and there where only two on king bed
Jacuzzi was like the water in rest of the hotel Luke warm which was a huge disappointment after a cold day in the park

Plus
Breakfast was ok agree it wasn't replenished quickly and dirty plates where never cleared but hey you
Staff was friendly and spoke English although lady a front desk looked at me crazy when I brought the empty shower gel container
Check in and out was a breeze
Luggage storage was super convenient
Bed was huge and comfy
Room was large
Our tea and coffee was replenished everyday without additional charge
Shuttle convenient at non-peak times

Overall not a bad place and great for families with kids but for the few adults who go for getaway I would stay else where and would also say spring for the Disney hotels next time

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendishow
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Ever want to live in a castle? This did it for me. I'll never forget the first time I stepped out to the patio and saw the beautiful landscaping of the garden. Everything was just perfectly beautiful. The bus transportation was great. I think the Dream Castle is only the second pick up spot so there was always seats. If not seats, at least appropriate standing room. (ie: Not NYC subway at rush hour) The hotel is beautiful and the breakfast is amazing. I think one morning I took about 6 chocolate pastries. When I get the chance to go back to Disney Paris, I will stay here again. I loved every minute of it.... except the leaving part.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view of the garden!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeannine-and-Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Disneyland Hotel
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Disney's Newport Bay Club

Been to Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your experiences!