“Great choice!!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
East Yorkshire
“Great choice!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for two nights and were very pleased. Arrived early and though room was not ready, there is a luggage room where you can put your bags until it is. Reception area is noisy as it has many game machines, a mini ball pool and a mini roundabout in it, but as this hotel is geared towards children and families I don't think that people travelling without children should expect a calm and tranquil hotel. This is Disneyland after all!! The reception staff were very pleasant, if a little on the slow side, and the concierge was very helpful, arranging the shuttle to take us to the nearby shopping centre which is 5 euros return. Our room was lovely. Spacious and spotless, and the beds were super comfortable. We only ate breakfast in the hotel and it was fine. All in all we had a great stay, and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank harris442

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

North American sized rooms. Nice pool area. Beautiful grounds. Many choices for breakfast although some pancakes or waffles would have really pleased my children. Shuttle services to and from train station and parks was great.

• Stayed September 2012
Glasgow
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Seeing as I’m a big kid, for my 30th I went with my partner to Disneyland Paris and stayed at the Dream Castle Hotel. Pulling up to the hotel it looked pleasant and comfortable enough and the check-in process, though slow, was absolutely fine.

Making our way up to our room I noticed many signs of wear and tear, stained carpets and just in need of a little TLC. We’d paid extra for a room on the basis it was a Queen room – like all rooms in the hotel, it was non-smoking. On arrival I was dismayed to discover it was a family room with bunk beds and the unpleasant and distinctive smell of cigarette smoke – quite an overpowering smell to be honest and as a smoker even I found it repulsive. There were big stains all over the carpet and it was just an altogether unpleasant room. I didn’t even open my suitcase and immediately went down to reception and spoke to the same person who booked us in. I explained that I booked a queen room at an extra cost – he told me that I had been “upgraded to a family room” – I asked how it was an upgrade to which he replied “it has two beds”. I explained that I was a 30 year old woman travelling with my partner so in what possible world would I want a set of bunk beds and how exactly did this quantify as an ‘upgrade’ only to be met with a blank expression. I then said the smell of stale smoke in the room and got told “Ah yes, some people do smoke in their rooms, there’s nothing we can do about it”!!!!

Needless to say, my volume started to pick up at this point seeing as there were a number of people waiting to check-in.

I went back and forth with the receptionist who kept insisting that I couldn’t be swapped rooms as they were fully booked out – and the so-called-‘Queen’ rooms were of course booked out. I said that wasn’t my problem, the money had left my account and I wanted what I paid for.
Whilst all of this was going on one of the other receptionists came over to ask what the problem was and in French the two conferred and the man who was dealing with me in the first place bizarrely asked me “Have you used any of the toiletries in the room yet” – I’m sure my expression said it all and I just bluntly replied “No” and they continued and she scurried back to her area of the desk... I’m not sure whether they were going to suggest that if you use a squirt of handwash that you have to stay in the room(!)

I’m quite stubborn and refused to leave the desk until they found me alternative accommodation or brought the duty manager out to speak to me. Eventually a small woman appeared and her ‘swagger’ out to the reception desk said it all. From here there was about 15 minutes worth of arguing – me saying I paid extra on a website for a Queen room (I had all the booking confirmations where it specifically said ‘Queen Room’) to which she replied that that was impossible and the family rooms were upgrades! Now, I know this to be a load of rubbish and I asked her if she was insinuating I was lying and she replied to me in French. She then repeated what the previous receptionist said – that there were no Double/Queen rooms left and I said that was fine and they could then put me up in a partner hotel in a comparable room to which she said “we’re all booked out” and I asked if that meant all the hotels in the area were booked out and she said yes – I said I wanted to speak with the area manager for the chain “Vienna Hotels” which Dream Castle are part of – she denied being part of a chain called Vienna International (which was contradicted by a pin on lapel which said ‘VI’)!!

Now I’m not prone to violent tendencies but after all of this I was ready for going ballistic and so I tried to remain calm (although I’m sure I was speaking through gritted teeth!) and stuck to my guns that I wasn’t going to be staying in that room.

The girl stomped off in a huff and the original receptionist came out again and said “We’ll give you another room – a Double one – so you can take that” (not sure how they magically pulled this room out of a fully-booked hat!). They weren’t too happy when I said I wanted to check the room before moving my luggage there and threatened me that if I didn’t take that one I’d have to move back to the original one!!! They were just making this all up as they went along. I replied however that I’d be back down at the desk if the room was as dirty as the previous and wouldn’t move until they got me somewhere of an acceptable standard (acceptable for a 4* anyway!).

The second room was adequate – nothing special but it was clean and didn’t stink the way the other had. However for the rest of our break every time I went downstairs or passed reception I got drawn some right dirty looks and half expected to find my room ransacked when I got home at night!

Anyway, onto the rest... hotel is need of doing up in the reception area, a bit tatty. Breakfast was pretty rubbish – the cooked breakfast consisted of some sausage (which was far too garlicky – and I like garlic!), some scrambled eggs, beans I think and cooked tomato. They were all pretty rubbish – I made do with croissants and cereal. WiFi only works if your standing near reception... there were always a squad of people standing with phones/tablets there.

Location was fine, shuttle bus got you in and out of Disney easily. Point to note for anyone who would still choose to visit this hotel – get the train from CDG to Disneyland Paris stop then jump on the free shuttle to the hotel – or any others on the route. I had already booked transfers but with retrospect I would’ve just got the train. Although with retrospect I wouldn’t have booked this hotel at all!

On the second last day we did deal with a girl at reception – I think her name was Marjorie who was extremely pleasant and helpful – the rest of the staff could learn from her.

The whole experience at the hotel ruined what was supposed to be a few days of just fun. I wouldn’t return here ever again and I would go so far as recommend people and beg friends to stay another hotel, it may look quite grand from the outside and some of the pics of the rooms but I’ve stayed in much nicer Premier Inn’s at a fraction of the price when travelling with work.

Room Tip: Don't believe them if you're offered an 'upgrade' without seeing the room first.. in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ZenKiddo

Travelers are raving about these Magny-le-Hongre hotels

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I read the reviews before I went and was concerned about some issues. I rang the hotel to clarify and they didn't really make things 100% clear do I thought I would. The hotel was really nice, clean, lovely facilities and the rooms were wonderful. One note though- we had an adjourning room even though we were only had one- MAKE SURE YOU LOCK THE DOOR!! The tea and coffee facilities were there but only for the first day / you have to pay for any extra days 6 euros ( they didn't tell me that on the phone- I suggest take your own). Towels are available in the room but not for the pool (2 euros per towel is charged for the spa- didn't tell me that on the phone either). The shuttle was packed on the way back from Disney - literally like a stampede- we took the car the second day which was much better- didn't feel safe with my 3 year old. Breakfast was cold but good variety. All in all we had a lovely time and overcame these few issues. Bonus fridge in the room which helped!! Perfect location for Disney and staff all polite and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just returned from 3 night stay in Dream Castle. Start with the positive. We had a delightful time in the parks and the much needed bed was very comfortable. The hotel was terrible. Basil Fawlty compares favourably with their service. Check in was ok but the room was woeful, dust everywhere, seriously stained wall and carpet, broken, noisy air conditioner that would not turn off,the curtain falling off the rail was blood stained and had a Large hole burned into it. I spoke to reception who said that housekeeping would be with me in 5 minutes to confirm that the room was unacceptable and that they would then consider moving us. Housekeeping took an hour. He was a 20 year old boy. I rang the manageress,Beatrice, who said that housekeeping indicated that the room was ok and that she must take their word for it. I asked her to come and view the room herself . She said that she was "too busy working" to do this! She said they had no more rooms but we could upgrade at a charge of 60 euros. She eventually came to the room. She looked furious and intimidating but conceded that the room was unacceptable. I said that the room was one thing but how we were treated was another. It was shoddy. At no point did we receive an apology. We upgraded and she said that she would waive the charge. Do not stay at this hotel. The staff seem desensitised and resigned to the many complaints that they must receive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KarenLmcgovern
GeneralManagerFR, General Manager at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your candid comments.

We are happy to hear that you did enjoy the bed of your hotel room as well as your time in the parks .

Please accept our sincere apologize for the inconveniences caused regarding the cleanliness of your room as well as the service received from our employees.

Be assured that we transferred your feedback to our whole staff , in order to avoid that things like this will reoccur in the future.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to our hotel, in order to completely satisfy you and your family.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or requests you might have.

Yours sincerely,

François MARY
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Yust back from a short trip with family & kids

location; first of all; You are here for Disney. You have 3 kind of hotels; hotels next to the parcs ( owned by disney. Hotels further away, disney is reachable with the schuttle-busses & the hotels in Marne or Chessy only reachable with cars.

Dreamcastle hotel is one of the second kind. Close to disney but you need to take a schuttle bus. Every 10 minutes a bus & a short trip of 5 minutes. ( busses can be crowded!!! - go very early or very late... worst case is 40 min waiting time )

Rooms: very nice & beautifull themed rooms. We had rooms 3090 & 3106. Both where in good condition. The comfort is allmost the same as hotel New York. I think our rooms where recently renovated. Beds where big & very soft. No fungus or broken beds like in other reviews. Room service is available but very expensive. ( 22 euro for a pizza - 8 euro for a soda )

Restaurant: We ate here the first evening. Was the only bad experience in this hotel. Buffet for allmost 30 euro a person. Be sure to book in advance. People with voucher are first seated. The buffet was bad... Most of the food is fryed food; fish & chips, american patatoes, chicken nuggets, small patatoes. Also 4 kinds of pastas & 3 sauses ( very bad industrial taste ).

The desserts are pastry, also from the freezer. Nothing self-made. Wine card is also expensive ( 38 min for a bottle )

So avoid if you can. Go eat in Disney or in one of the Disney hotels.

Bar: Very nice expercience: ok expensive but man the cocktails where perfect! Even the coffees where pieces of art. You can also eat here a la carte. Small dishes but freshly made. Very comfortable seats. Used the bar for hours!

general conclusion; The hotel is cheaper than allmost every Disney hotel. But this one has 4 stars plus a very nice theming, superb rooms, bar and reception. I found the price / quality very correct.

The only downside are the crowded busses & the evening buffet in the restaurants.

We will come back to this hotel ( price is only a third of a room in hotel New York!!! )

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stoffke
Istanbul
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Staff was friendly; however, I might add that the reception area needs to be renewed. The breakfast choices were neither good nor bad. The shuttle service to Eurodisneyland is well organized but most of the time the buses were full - we took a taxi one night which cost 10 euros. The best part of the hotel was the room itself. Very spacious. Pay an extra to get a bunk bed - your kid will love it. We had the corner room number 3098. Considering the state of the normal disneyland hotels - this one is a good choice unless you want to pay top dollars for Disneyland Hotel. Enjoy

Room Tip: Room 3098 - corner room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cakdemir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Explorers Hotel
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris

Been to Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your experiences!