“Very good hotel”

Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I chose this hotel after reading through many of the reviews for the Disney Hotels and those in close proximity. Whilst the reviews were far from perfect it had what I felt was the most positive remarks and I have to say I was pleased with my choice. Would I stay there again, yes, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms whilst looking a little tired were clean. There was a decent choice for breakfast and the staff worked extremely hard to keep tables tidy and clear as the hotel seemed very busy.

1  Thank Linlou8
Write a ReviewReviews (5,025)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Lack of communication in front office. There are some members of staff who never talk with clients despite of long queues. Long time waiting in the entrance of restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Carpets in lobby are are dirty. It looks like three stars hotel/motels in Spain.
However distance and shuttle service to Disneyland make easier the journey.

2  Thank surmesure6
GeneralManagerFR, General Manager at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Dream Castle Hotel for your last holidays at Disneyland Paris.

We also thank you for your feedback and would sincerely like to apologize that we did not met all of your expectations regarding the service received from our front desk employees, as well as the waiting time at our restaurant.

Please be assured that the mentioned problems you encountered do not meet our usual standards and that your comments have been shared with our employees, in order to avoid that inconveniences like this will reoccur in the future.

We would be happy to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, in order to completely satisfy you and your family, and to reestablish the image of our hotel.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or requests you might have.

Yours sincerely,

François MARY

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Myself and my partner recently stayed in the Dream Castle Hotel for one night, with passes into Disneyland for the following day. Upon arrival at the hotel, we both remarked how nice it smelled and how clean it looked - given the amount of kids running around, both were unexpected! Food was a let down, very expensive for what it was - my partner had vegetable bruschetta, which was just overcooked veggies on a soggy piece of tomato-soaked bread, and my dish, the Carbonara, was freshly cooked but tasteless - salt was definitely missing from the meal, and we found it expensive for what it was.Breakfast in the morning was a completely different matter - lots of choice, fresh fruits/meats and lovely coffee! As it is, when we checked out, we did find ourselves commenting on the fact we wish we'd stayed one extra night. You can always eat at the park before retiring to your room, and the beds and apartment was extremely comfy and clean. Would consider this hotel again if I wasn't looking to try the other hotels in Disney! Oh, and we found the staff pleasant and helpful, not at all rude like some people comment on! They speak very good English too :-)

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a deluxe king room - you get a choice of views. We got the view of the lake an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After reading reviews on here I wasn't looking forward to going!! But when we arrived the hotel was great we arrived and hopped on the shuttle bus no54 and took us to the hotel was a very short bus ride and we checked in within 5 min went to our room which was on level 5 overlooking the gardens and it was lovely!! The room was lovely and clean and couldn't hear any outside noise! The bed was very comfy! Breakfast was ok just stuck to croissants and pain au chocolat and bread!! Overall I was very pleased we stayed here!! :)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel itself is clean, the food is ok (although very expensive) but it is no where near a 4* hotel.

The staff were unhelpful and the management rude and incompetent. My suitcase was lost and i was waiting for it to be dropped at the hotel once found, I advised the staff who took the information down but the bag wasn't returned. Spent the week struggling with trying to sort clothes nappies and milk for my baby and toddler, thought my bag had been lost forever, until we check out and drop our other bags in the luggage store......and there on the shelf was my lost suitcase which had been dropped off on the morning after we arrived but nobody bothered to tell us, the manager just laughed and said what is the problem you have your bag!!!! Awful awful awful customer service.

We did get a good deal on our trip but I would never stay at this hotel again it is appalling!

1  Thank Georgetimmy
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My family and I had to change hotels from magic circus to dream castle die to availability. First the reception only had 3 receptionists and there was a vet long que. not all of them speak English which is hard cause it is a tourist village they should speak English or atleast he should refere me to someone who does. After I Finaly got some help my room wasn't ready and was asked to leave it in the luggage area. When I got back from Disney hours later to check it and Finaly go to my room and rest I find that the room I got wasn't the room I asked for again this is after waiting for not less than 45 minutes in the que. when I went down I was furious I didn't bother standing line the lady was very rude she wouldn't help me and I asked for the manage who also was very rude she claimed that its not the hotels problem but the agency that I booked and she offer to split the beds which was impossible because the room was too small. She decided that this is what they got and she can't do anything about it. I then went to my room and the porter told me that they have available rooms so I went down and asked a other lady of she could change my room she said it was fine and went to ask her manager when she did her manager told her that their were no rooms!! What kind of staff manager is that!? And the lady said what her manager asked her when I went to the manager she blatantly said if I don't like what they have offered, me I can go and find another hotel!

2  Thank Samaherq
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have no complaints to make about this hotel and I would recommend others to stay here on the basis that you get a good price and that you don't go expecting luxury.
We paid £298.00 for 2 adults and a child for 3 nights bed and breakfast booked through TravelRepublic (no problems at all) comparing this price with actual Disney hotels - a massive saving. But we went fully prepared that we wouldn't receive Disney standard.

The hotel itself is in an excellent location with the no 54 bus, every 10 mins or so, to take you to the parks and back. Yes, the bus becomes extremely overcrowded but it's free, reliable and easy. If you aren't prepared for this then just pay the extra and stay in the park vicinity.
Our room was clean and nicely decorated, but like the rest of the hotel it is dated and in need of a refurb to remain a 4* standard, as, in my opinion, at present it stands at 3*. But remember we were visiting the parks all day long and the luxury of the hotel was not what we went for so I am not complaining.

Food: Breakfast was fine, yes the cooked breakfast isn't great, scrambled eggs, sausages, sliced potatoes and tomatoes. But it's not England so don't expect an English brekkie! There was plenty of bread for toast, baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolat. yoghurts, fruit, jams, nutella (some version) cereals, tea, coffee, juice, cheese and ham (excellent quality too) If you cannot satisfy yourself with this then what on earth do you eat for breakfast at home??

What I would say, is that the hotel is preying on people who may have only just arrived (like we did) and hadn't been to the park or hadn't eaten before they came back to the hotel. The room service is enough for you to need to remortgage your house. 15 EUROS for a toastie!!!!! evening buffet was 29 euros, etc. We just did not eat at the hotel. Or drink so try and take some water to the hotel with you. You can enter into the Disney Village without a park pass where you can find baguette/sandwiches galore. The sports bar was nice enough for a tuna baguette with chips and a beverage without costing the earth. Also there is a shop at the train station (by the entrance to the park) you can buy sandwiches and milk for your room. we filled up on water, milk, sandwiches, etc.

We travelled by easyjet (so you can imagine very cheap flights) and we booked on the TGV train before we left. We collected the tickets (for both journeys outward/inward) at the airport (yellow machines at the railway terminal) and got on the train. 9mins later we were at the park where you come out of the station and get on to the no. 54 bus which is free to the hotel. Simple, fast and cheap! we did the same back and had no problems, that was with a 2 year old in a pushchair and a holdall.

My husband took our daughter to the hotel pool and he said it's small but pleasant and it was only to waste an hour before we left to return home, so did a great job.

Found the staff friendly and courteous, although check in was a little longer than necessary, I could have been seen to quicker than I was.

Would return to the hotel and do everything we did again as long as the price was right.
I was happy with what we paid; for what we received.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris

Been to Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your experiences!