We have just returned from a 4 night break at the Kyriad. We were part of a school party consisting of 82 students and 12 adults. We have stayed at this hotel an a number of occasions but I am sorry to report that it has gone back severely since our last visit 2 years ago.
Kyriad is probably the French equivalent of Travelodge so only expect 2/3 star service here. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room and no fridge, although there is a free safe. The bathroom is well equipped with clean towels every day. The beds were firm and there were decent pillows. The rooms are starting to look a bit tatty and could do with an uplift. Eg. marks on the bath, chipped tiles, damaged light shades and stained carpets/furniture.
The communal areas also look a bit dated but there are vending machines for essentials and a small Disney shop in the reception area. The lift was out of order for the full 5 days we were there so if you have mobility issues this could cause problems.
My main gripe with this hotel lies with the staff. It would be my guess that there has been a change of management since we were last here and customer service had clearly moved down on their list of priorities. Staff do not know how to deal with complaints and some are down right rude. The lady who administers the check-in procedure for breakfast is clearly in the wrong vocation. She snapped at students and staff for their room numbers and was miserable, just what you want in the morning. In the evening a gentleman is in charge of the restaurant. He has clearly been promoted into this position simply because he moves around a lot. He has zero organisational skills and even less customer service skills. He asked that our party didn't take as much food from the 'all you can eat' buffet... really? Having paid in advance for this I think it is very rude for a member of senior hotel staff to request that you restrict your food intake to save on hotel costs. He would also stand and stare at the students as they were moving along the buffet which I thought was quite intimidating. He singled out one of the students as they sat down telling them that they had taken too much. The student in question had a perfectly acceptable amount of food on their plate so I decided to complain to the restaurant manager about this. As I began to tell him about my complaint he could understand me full well. As we got through the conversation he then decided that he could not speak English and couldn't understand what I was trying to say... how convenient. He would also try and rush us through to make room for other parties.
The food itself was OK but not as good as 2 years ago. Nothing was labelled which put the students off as they didn't know what things were. Subsequently they ended up eating economy chicken nuggets and chips for 4 nights. Breakfast was fine, most students were happy with croissants and nutella. You get the impression they are trying to cut costs wherever they can, which is understandable, but should this be at the cost of customer service and experience?
The bar closes at 11pm and is expensive. €6.50 for a pint of Heineken?? Its £1.99 in my local pub so I think their prices were extortionate for a 2 star hotel.
If you can afford to spend a little more on a hotel go to the Dream Castle, Magic Circus or the Explorers hotels, which are all on the same road. The Kyriad needs a new management team, some staff who are experienced with the concept of being helpful and smiling and maybe a lick of paint!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Especially designed for families, the Hotel invites its guests to enjoy the cosy, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of the French countryside, just beside the Disneyland(R) Paris Parks. A 24-hour front desk and free parking are at disposal of the guests. A free Wi-Fi access is available all over in the hotel. A free shuttle service to go to and to come from the Disney Parks is at your disposal from 6:00am to midnight, every 15-20 minutes. Free luggage storage is provided in the Hotel. The bar L'Abreuvoir welcomes you from 8:30am to midnight and proposes an express breakfast and a snacking service with a large choice of sandwiches, paninis, salads... The restaurant Le Marché Gourmand welcomes you from 7:00am to 10:30am for the "all you can eat" buffet breakfast and from 6:00pm to 10:00pm for the "all you can eat" buffet dinner. Since the month of July 2015, the Hotel Kyriad invites you to come and observe our farm and its animals: alpacas, ponies, goats and sheeps who have a specific mission for the Hotel: mowing the grass of our beautiful gardens, this is called the "Eco-pâturage": A 100% natural mowing! We care for the environment while proposing a fun & enjoyable attraction to all our clients, children and adults!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Louvre hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kyriad A Disneyland Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kyriad Disneyland Resort Paris Hotel Magny-Le-Hongre
- Kyriad Disneyland Hotel Paris
- Hotel Kyriad Disneyland
- Kyriad Disneyland Paris
- Kyriad A Disneyland Paris Magny-Le-Hongre, France - Marne-La-Vallee