“Short stay but overall good review”

Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We arrived an were checked in straight away, cannot fault reception staff, polite and helpful. Although the rooms are small they were adequate for our 3 night stay but are definitely not 4 star. The noise can be a bit much in mornings from other guests as they leave their rooms but overall a good night sleep. The bar is extremely over priced an the staff could not be more disinterested in being there, the breakfast Buffett is very good with a wide variety each morning although can be very busy. But overall a very happy stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Vienna House Magic Circus Paris

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We booked this Hotel with fly from vienna to paris and back für 4 adults over a agentur.
They fly was okay the hotelroom for 4 adults is to small, but for this Price - I understand it (please inform us and the Agentur in front of the booking, that to rooms werde better). We just sleeped there, so it was okay - not enough towels for 4 persons. The bed was confortable, but the blanket was dirty (3 times). We found no english TV or Radio chanel.
We waited by the reception for the check-in over 20 minutes and to ask something we allready wait 10 minutes, but fluent english speaking reception staff.
My breakfast was Cornflakes with milk and a yoghurt, the scrambled eggs were horrobile. The rest food doesn't looked fresh and nice, the most tables were the hole time dirty.
Morning newspaer in different languages is good. Bar closed at midnight.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just got back from a 5 day stay here with my wife and 2 young children . I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews - i neednt have been .

On arrival we were checked in quickly and the staff on reception were very friendly and professional . We had requested a travel cot in our room and it wasnt there , After raising the issue with reception one was brought to our room within 5 minutes , Cant grumble about that .
The reception area has arcade games and rides for kids and a ball pool for the smaller ones .
Outside is a small play area with a slide and a few other climbing frame type things .

Our room was clean and comfortable with a double bed and bunk beds . Nice bathroom with bath/shower . Shampoo,Shower gel and handwash are provided . Also in the room is a kettle with tea,coffee and hot chocolate , Hairdryer , and 2 tv's ( no English speaking channels at all ) slightly annoying but not a big issue as we werent in the room too long each day anyway .
The rooms are cleaned every day and tea and coffee replenished .

The breakfast in the hotel was good and consisted of your usual cooked English breakfast , fruit , salad , meats ,yoghurt, cheese , cereals , tea , coffee and fruit juices . You can eat as much as you like . We filled our kids bottles up with orange juice to take to disneyland and nobody challenged us about it , Other families were doing the same too .

The pool and gym looked very nice but we never got time to use them .
Same with the bar it looked nice but with young kids we never used it . It is expensive though - around 7 euros for a pint of lager , Which is what everywhere around the disney area charges anyway . The night i fancied a drink i bought a couple of cans of kronenbourg from the hotel shop for 4 euros each , Still extortionate but better than bar prices . The hotel shop also stocks a selection of disney shop gifts and a few snacks and soft drinks .

The shuttle bus to disneyland is roughly every 10 minutes and pulls up right outside the hotel reception , Early in the morning and last thing at night it can be rough trying to board the bus , We literally had people shoving my wife and the buggy out of the way to get on , To sum it up nobody cares about you they just want to make sure they get on board themselves . France doesnt seem to have queuing systems like the UK does , People just simply wait for the bus then all rush at it when the doors open . No big deal but just be prepared for it .

Overall me and my family had a wonderful experience at disneyland and when we do return in the next couple of years we will stay at this hotel again .

Room Tip: Ask for rear facing room - The view is over a lake . We got one on the side overlooking a flat roof...
3  Thank stueyegg
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We loved our stay at the magic circus hotel, the staff were friendly and excellent with the children, there is a fabulous little gift shop in the foyer along with a mini carousel to amuse the children along with some game tables and soft play area,
There's a regular shuttle bus that picks families up to take them to the park.
We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Contrary to what you are lead somewhat to believe, the hotel doesn't offer any "special" circus related experience to the guests, aside of some pictures on the wall, and some terrible colours on the walls.

The "family" room we got was tiny, without any space for moving or whatever minimal comfort you would expect. Now, this is a relatively new hotel, built specially for families near Euro Disney, so I would have expected to get some reasonable size in a family room, but no.... smaller than an alcatraz cell.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so the only options for food and drinks that you have is what they offer you. In the evening, you either take the lousy "all you can eat buffet" at 30 Euro per person (and 15 for kids), or have dinner at the vending machines. By the way, be prepared to pay 3 Euro for a Coke, or a Water.(but that's all over, unless you go to a supermarket, or away from the tourist trail)

A couple of things really pissed me off:
1) The check-in time is at 3pm. When I was there, the hotel was empty. So they couldn't do the 90 minute effort to give me a room earlier?
2) We were 4: 2 adults, 2 kids. We got 5 small pillows. We wanted another pillow. The receptionist said that the rule is 1 pillow per guest, so we should be thankful that we have one spare......(I took the extra pillow with me when we went to Disney. I was afraid they would take it)

Summary: not more than your less than average hotel. As I won't be coming back to Euro Disney in this life, I won't be checking other hotels in the area, but I'm sure there are better options around, and at the same price.

(On the possitive note, the breakfast is very good)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My trip to Europe included two days at Disney Parks. The hotel was very good in terms of distance to the parks. The reception Desk ladies were very helpful and my check in time was only a few minutes which is super fast compared to other hotels at peak season. The room assigned to my family was clean, spacious and neat. My 2 children enjoyed the privacy offered by the separate area for their beds. We had dinner in the hotel and the service in the restaurant was excellent in terms of service and curtsy. During my stay, room service were very punctual in delivering orders and services (again during peak season). The front desk were very helpful when asked for details on additional services and activities. Magic Circus has its own magic and its own superstars. Philip Vella with some nice tricks in the restaurant, Clementine and Samantha at the Front Desk are some of the Superstars I met there. The only comment I have relates to the swimming pool which need to have better ventilation. My next trip to Paris, Magic Circus would be the place for me.

Room Tip: I needed a room for four members. I took a walk around the hotel and all the hotel rooms have a wond...
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed there for one night celebrating my birthday at Disneyland. We arrived at 10pm,checked in and went to our rooms. We were given 2 rooms. I had a family room, my friend a double room. The family room was dirty. The bathroom was filthy! I complained at reception at 10:45pm and they sent someone to look but told me the dirty bath marks were rust. They told me a cleaner would clean it in the morning. Tired, I used my friends bathroom (which was very clean) and went to sleep. No cleaner turned up the next morning. Considering its a 4* hotel I expected more. The short trip
Cost a lot of money and I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of the room!

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
#1 of 3 in Chessy
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Vienna House Magic Circus Paris? Share your experiences!