We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from October 11th-13th after having stayed for a week in Munich, Fussen and Paris, and would not recommend it to anyone, everything about it was over rated, over priced and not of a 4 start quality!
We knew something was not quite right when we arrived and nobody greeted us to help with our luggage, there was 7 of us travelling together so we had quite alot of luggage so thank goodness our driver knew where the luggage trolleys were. This could have been a simple issue of nobody realising we had arrived but then we proceeded to the counter with no-one else around the workers barely looked up to greet us, no welcome to Magic Circus, no explanation of the services or layout of the hotel, no information about our breakfast, nothing.
We then went to our rooms which looked very worn, faded paint, scratches all over the furniture unironed and stained bed covers, nothing at all like the photos from the website and they had a strange smell like wet dog, that we could not get rid of the entire time we were there. The rooms were stuffy and after trying the air conditioning that did not work we contacted reception who told us that at this time of year they turn the air conditioning off and that if we wanted to the cool the room down to open the window...not really what I was expecting from a 4 star hotel. I then tried making a cup of coffee but when I opened the kettle the inside was covered in mould and it took over two hours for them to replace it. Also my husband read that if you use all of the coffee and sugar you had to pay to get it replaced, now we travel quite regularly overseas and have never had to pay to have sachets of tea and coffee replaced in our room!
Unfortunately this was not the end of the issues in our room, the soap dispenser in the bathroom was broken, there was someone else's hair all over the bathroom sink and the hair dryer, the soap dispenser didn't work, there was mould on top of the bath near the shower door and our daughter's television did not work to which the lady at reception replied "well what do you want me to do about it?" I told her I was not happy and that I wanted it fixed or replaced, she then very angrily said she would look for another one in an unoccupied room and stormed off, coming back 10 minutes later saying that she had found one that worked and would replace ours...I did feel sorry for those people whose room would now have a broken television.
We thought this was the end of the issues until my husband tried the wifi we had paid for in our room and it didn't work, and after two very frustrating phone calls to reception he went down to reception in person to sort it out and was told to ring the service provider himself!
The whole time we stayed here we felt unwelcome, none of the staff smiled nor were they friendly or helpful, no wonder though as everything was run with the minimum amount of staff, they were overworked and under staffed, still a smile takes little effort...although I must say the young lady who runs the beauty salon was lovely.
The food at this hotel is awful and very over priced, even for Paris prices this place is expensive, 5 Euro for a cappuccino or a cup of warm milk with some chocolate sprinkles that is supposed to be a cappuccino and 7 euro for a glass of coke. I would suggest to anyone staying here to eat at the park before you come home, it is quicker, cheaper and tastes alot better than anything you'll get at this hotel.
Everything at this hotel will cost you money, particularly the rides and games the lobby and bar area are filled with, each game costing 2 euro or more, even the pool towels cost you 2 euro per towel to hire!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, do a search for other hotels around the park there are lots and in hindsight I would actually pay the extra and stay at one of the disney hotels as they have a standard that never waivers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JOY AND WONDER - THE MAGIC OF THE CIRCUS The magic of the circus with acrobats, jugglers and clowns which are part of the colorful theme running through the interior of the Vienna House Magic Circus at Disneyland(R) Paris. Built in the style of an old manor house, the hotel is situated in a charming and modern French countryside. The spa area and French restaurant, not to mention its perfect location near Paris, make this hotel a very attractive destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Vienna House Magic Circus Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Magic Circus
- Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris
- Holiday Inn Marne-La-Vallee
- Marne-La-Vallée Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Eurodisney
- Vienna House Magic Circus Paris Magny-Le-Hongre, France - Marne-La-Vallee