3,378 results
All reviewsmagic circusbunk bedskids suiteshuttle busswimming poolbaconball pitdisney parksarcade gamesmini fridgestayed here for nightsair hockeyshuttle servicefamily hotellobby areacold meatseuro disney
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My family and I (consisting of 3 adults + 3 children aged under 10) stayed at this hotel in April 2011 which was recommended to us by Eurostar who we booked through. We found the hotel to be clean and friendly and the rooms of adequate size (we had 2 interlinking rooms for 7 people). There is a childrens ball pit and a swimming pool inside and an outside play area which the youngsters all liked.
A shuttle bus ran on a regular basis to and from the Disney park. The hotel also operate a luggage service to take your suitcases straight to the Eurostar terminal if you wish to spend a final day in Disney.
We only had one meal at the hotel as we found it somewhat expensive (around £20 - £25 per adult and £10-£15 per child) especially for the young children who's choice was limited to the normal kids meals however the food was satisfactory in quality. The breakfast which was included in the price was very good with a choice of cooked or cold buffet style food. Make sure you eat well before going to Disney as prices have soared at the park in recent times. Overall a pleasant experience and I would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Eat a hearty breakfast before going to Disney
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I had a booked a three night stay at the Dream Castle Hotel next door to the Magic Circus Hotel. On our arrival I was informed that my reservation had been cancelled and changed to the Magic Circus Hotel due to electical problems. I wasn't alright with that at all. I had specifically chosen that hotel becuase of the Medieval theme. Also, the circus themed hotel is more geared to young children rather than teenagers. To top it off, I can't stand circuses and find them truly abusive to animals so this hotel was not one I even thought of staying at. The woman at the front desk of the Dream Castle Hotel didn't even offer me a choice. It was there or somewhere else. I had promised my sons this trip so I couldn't back out now. We went to the Magic Circus and the man at the front desk was not anymore helpful. He told me I would receive a great rate and a great room. I recieved neither. I asked for a better rate and he said he gave me one but that was untrue. Both hotels are supposed to be 4 star but it was clear the Dream Castle was of a higher quality.
We arrived in our room and it was small but you come to expect that in European hotels. What I have also come to expect in European hotels is if it says 4 star, the room will be very clean and well kept. Our room was not. The bathroom lacked any type of amenities such as lotions or shower caps. One of the lights was burnt out and never replaced, there was black hair all over the towels and it just seemed like it had seen better days. Also in the morning, we found out we had very little hot water.
I had contacted the agency we had booked our stay through and told them what happened and they tried to get things better situated. They finally told me that I would be charged a lesser rate for one night but not the other two. I wasn't happy with this at all. After paying the 10 Euro for one hour of internet use, I found out that the room rate for this hotel would be only 17 Euros more if I booked the hotel that night. I had booked the room more than a month before and expected a great rate. The manager said the rooms run 252 Euros a night but on their website, I could get it for anywhere from 214 to 236 a night. That was wrong. I emailed the corporate headquarters and told them the situation and they let me have the cheaper rate for the three nights. I was alright with that, but they still did nothing to calm my ruffled feathers. I would think that if you are going to change a customer's reservation without notice, you would do something to make up for their inconvience. At least if I ran a hotel, I would do that and I wouldn't have customers writing bad reveiws of my hotel!
Upon check out, the woman at the front desk was just plain rude! She charged for all kinds of things with no explanation and argued with me when I questioned it. I did become a little upset when she was so condescending. She told me my room rate was the same for all three nights but after I paid I found out she lied. I was charged the full amount for my last night and I was/am quite upset about it. I sent off an email to the corporate headquarters again, but as of yet have not received a reply.
Like other reviewers have stated, you are charged for everything! I could understand this if it was an amazing hotel, but during my stay there I felt like a human ATM! I have never been to a hotel 4 or 5 star where they charge to refill the coffee tray or to even rent a towel except as a security measure so they get their towels back.
One thing about the restaurant, the food wasn't the best (except the potato cubes and crepes) but the waitstaff was very nice and friendly. My youngest son burnt his hand on one of the warming lights and they immediately got him ice. Also, our waiter when we had dinner there was wonderful! He should have been the hotel manager because he knew how to do hospitality right!
Much has been said about how the coffee machines and such at breakfast were broken and not working. It was still so during our stay. I would think that with all the money they make from renting the towels that they coud afford more industrial types to use for their breakfasts.
My suggestion to the management of the Magic Circus Hotel, learn to appreciate your guests and not just see them as a cash cow. If you are rated as a 4 star hotel, act like one and be one. Don't just give yourself four stars and call it a day. If you treat your guests like they are the valuable commodity they are, they will tell their friends to stay there and write glowing reviews. If you don't respect them, they will also tell their friends to not stay there and let the world know how disappointed they were in their stay. Finally, if your customers are inconvienced for any reason, give them something to make up for it. Dinner on the house, a room upgrade, discounted tickets to the parks; something like that goes a long way to making a customer happy and satisfied when changes have to be made.

5  Thank Merechat2
GeneralManagerFR, Chief Operating Officer at Vienna House Magic Circus Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the Dream Castle Hotel for your stay at Disneyland Paris. Also we thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor and via email.

Due to electrical problems we had to move a few guests on your date of arrival to our sister hotel Magic Circus Hotel. We would like to express our regrets for all your discomfort regarding this rearrangement and that the Magic Circus Hotel did not meet all of your expectations.

Regarding the inconveniences with the charging of the third night we have to explain that the receptionist has just started to work for our hotel. Therefore, she did not know about the procedure in this matter in the first place. We are sorry for this misunderstanding, but finally the invoice has been corrected and you were charged the right amount.

However, we also would like to thank you for your positive remarks about our restaurant staff. We will forward your positive experiences to the relevant persons.

Dear guest, the Vienna International Hotels & Resorts attach great importance to keeping you as a guest. Therefore, we hope that you will accept our sincere apology for all your discomfort during your stay. We stay at your disposal for any further questions and remain with

Kind regards

Isabella Hren
Chief Operating Officer
Vienna International Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed April 12, 2011

My family and I have just stayed at this hotel and I have to say it was a pleasure. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly.
A shuttle bus ran on a regular basis to and from the Disney park, I would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

We just stayed at Magic Circus Hotel while on a trip to Disneyland Paris and we do not regret it! This hotel is the perfect place to stay while visiting Disneyland Paris! The hotel staff was quick and helpful while we checked in and for a clogged sink (which they fixed w/in 8 minutes!).

The room was not too big but not too small. The queen size bed fit 2 adults and a 5-year-old and we still had a lot of extra room! The bathroom included a hairdryer and makeup mirror and provided body wash and shampoo dispensers in the shower. The room included a coffee/tea/sugar, but we didn't use this. There is an ice machine on each floor and the air-conditioning was very nice to have! The hotel has a couple of channels in English but they also have international channels but NO CARTOON channels :( When I went to bed I could hear people walking in the hallway. I soon fell asleep and didn't hear anymore. This seems to be common in Europe though.

The hotel had a lot of games for children to play, ball pit play area for toddlers (in the middle of the hotel), a indoor swimming pool w/children's pool area, a great open back area w/lake, and a children's playground. If you forget your swimsuit they even have a vending machine where you can buy a swimsuit for 10 Euro! There is also a Disney store located inside which sells items that can be found at Disneyland for the SAME PRICE so that is nice. I was able to buy soda and gummies there too. My coke was 2.60 Euro. There is also an Esso station down the street where you can buy cheaper drinks and snacks.

I will agree that the pool area had too much chlorine and not enough ventilation. It was quite strong, but I don't know what the French rules are to this (maybe that's why). But, my daughter had her goggles on and spent a couple of hours swimming around! The pool was full of kids just to warn anyone that doesn't have any. You could take your hotel towels to the pool or rent the towels from the staff at the pool for 2 Euro. We did this because we didn't want to use our room towels.

The breakfast buffet was great! The buffet included yogurt, THE BEST croissants, bread, eggs (runny but my husband loves this), THE BEST potato cubes, ham, sausages, beans, fruit (pineapple, mixed fruit, watermelon, peaches), 3 types of cereals, salad w/fixings, boiled eggs, and a french pastry. Juice, tea, and coffee of course is there as well. We were ALWAYS full when we left there and even when it was busy we got a table. The staff cleans the dining area fast and SO MUCH! I would hate to deal with all those messy guests! The breakfast opened from 8-11am.

The hotel does offer a free shuttle to Disneyland which comes every 15-20 minutes. These buses CAN get packed though! This shuttle picks up guests from 4 hotels along the same strip so that is why they can get packed. It's only for a 5 minute ride so it's not too bad. And, it didn't matter what time of day you went because we either found it crowded or not crowded at all hours of the day. There really is no way to gauge when people are not going to be on it. I heard someone say that it was REALLY bad after Disneyland closed, but I would expect this since everyone's leaving at the same time.

I will definitely stay here again! People have complained about dirty carpets, but I saw the cleaning attendant steam cleaning the rugs every morning in our hallway. I don't expect the hotel to be dirt free because they cater to hundreds of people a week and they do a great job with it! I saw some scratches and knicks here and there but it was NOT the slums! We felt it was great value for the price!

1  Thank AGM-222
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We arrived at Disneyland via the TGV train. The station was right opposite the shuttle bus station which we found quickly and easily. It was not so easy to work out which bus we needed to get on though to get to our hotel and drop off our luggage. We must have asked about 5 drivers! We finally worked out that we needed bus number 54.

At the hotel, we were greeted by reception staff who were friendly and polite. We arrived at about 11:30 and was very pleased to find out that our room was ready and we could use it. This was greatly appreciated after travelling all night. The room was clean and tidy and the bed was very comfortable. The rooms were cleaned everyday and we were given clean towels everyday too. The television advertised the park and showed videos of the rides and attractions which keep my little one entertained and added to the excitement.

The pool area was good. It was clean but the water was a little cold. The reception area was brilliant, there was a ball pit and other attractions to keep kids entertained. You can pick leaflets up from reception that lets you know the bus times and they were always quite accurate. Every 15 mins at peak times (mornings and evenings) and every half hour the rest of the time. Some times the bus was crouded but we never missed one or wasn't able to use it!

Breakfast wasn't really that good. There seemed to be plenty of choice but it wasn't very appealing, we're not big on breakfasts anyway so others may have found that it was great.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We got into the parks before advertised opening!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family