“Relaxing Time Out”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Singapore, Singapore
“Relaxing Time Out”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A generally nice but modest hotel-despite this, we had a nice holiday. The staff were patient enough to help us move our stuff when we had a problem with the first room we were given. In addition they spoke English so there was no problem with communication. Had a little problem with the rooms as they were not squeaky clean; was however not all that surprised considering the fact that it was peak season and the staff were stretched. It's proximity to Disney world was also a bonus.The children had a fantastic time at the pool and it was a struggle to get them to leave in the evenings.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors which are far from the pool, or you will be inundated with noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tolulope_40
ExplorersHotel, Sales & Marketing Assistant at Explorers Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Tolulope_40,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We read each comment carefully and use your feedback to improve our service and motivate our team.

It is wonderful that you had a nice holiday and enjoyed our pool. You aren't the only ones to struggle in getting the kids to leave! We are glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel too, it certainly helps to be close by after those long busy days at Disney!

Once again thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again. Feel free to get in touch over Facebook before your next visit!

Sales & Marketing Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rostock
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel is located nearby the Disney Parks. When you have to use the shuttle bus, this hotel is the best choice, because it is the first that the shuttle arrives (strating from train station) and you probably will avoid long waiting times when a lot of people want to go to the parks or back to their hotels. The friendly staff of the hotel gave us good support, when required. Of course the breakfast room is very loud and the buffet is really simple. A great place for children is the big pool with slides and some nice effects. The room are well cleaned and very silent, what I didn't expect. Instead of the air condition a fan is on the ceiling. Prices in the hotel are very expensive. They are the same as in the Disney Parks (3€ for a small bottle coke, 12€ for a pizza).

1 Thank MikkiEast
Dear MikkiEast,

Thank you for all your feedback about our hotel. Your opinion is very important to us as we use it to improve our service.

It’s great that you liked our pool, the aqua play and slides are great fun! As you have well spotted our hotel is the first stop with the free bus, we understand during busy periods the bus can be pretty full, so we are glad that you felt the benefit of that.

Thank you for sharing your Explorers experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon and welcome you to join us on Facebook.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel was very basic but very convenient for a Disney weekend. We checked in Friday morning, leaving our bags in the luggage store whilst we went off to the park. The staff member we checked in with was very rude and gave a really bad first impression of the place but that was soon changed by the other staff. Front desk does get quite busy a lot of the time, except for during breakfast.

Ours was a crew 4 room and quite a walk from the lobby but probably a lot quieter for this reason. At first sight I thought it was quite small but we were only there for a few days so we managed. I don't really like how the toilet was separate to the shower room because it doesn't have it's own sink. The shower was very good and powerful compared to other hotels I've been in. Teas and coffees, cups, kettle and hair dryer were provided as promised. Cups were re-stocked daily but I was told teas and coffees wouldn't be, so I had brought my own supply. Turns out on our last morning when I asked for more cups before our room was cleaned the gent at the front desk was giving me another pack of teas and coffees which I politely refused as I didn't need them. So I guess you can get more if you run out.

I had emailed earlier to request a fridge in our room if there were any available on the days we were staying but we didn't end up getting one. When we first checked in and I mentioned it I was told that when the room was cleaned and ready a fridge would be put in. Later that night when I'd gone to collect the room keys and check in properly I again mentioned the fridge and was told that if it wasn't in the room the cleaners must have forgotten and that I should ring down to request it. There wasn't one in the room and I didn't bother to ask again because I just presumed they didn't have any but were just trying to keep me happy. It is a 3* hotel after all so I wasn't going to complain.

I don't think the bed was overly comfortable but not uncomfortable either. Pillows were quite small. I was ill through most of my time there and so tired that I managed to fall asleep pretty much instantly. The room does get quite stuffy. There is a ceiling fan but that doesn't do much for fresh air. Windows open quite wide though.

It's better to go for breakfast as early as possible before it gets crowded and the food gets contaminated. When we were seated with our food, we noticed somebody else helping themselves to fruit and sneezing on the lot. There isn't a huge variety but definitely enough to fill you up. Large selection of breads and a toaster, croissants were tasty, cereals (usual coco pops, cornflakes), fruit, granola and nuts, teas and coffees, hot chocolate, juices (didn't really appeal to my taste buds but the apple juice want too bad). We didn't eat any other meals in the hotel of spend much time exploring the leisure areas so can't really comment on that.

Explorers Hotel was the first stop for the shuttle bus to and from Disney parks which was really really ideal because it does get very crowded especially at night after Disney Dreams. Staff at the front desk gave us bus times, park info, and also helped us to completely plan our final day trip to the Eiffel Tower.

Overall the hotel does look quite dated, not as bright and colourful for a hotel at Disneyland but for 3*, the price and close proximity/ease of access to the parks I would definitely return. It is an ideal hotel if you aren't planning on spending so much time inside - which probably serves true for most visitors as our main reason for going is Disney.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nas M
ExplorersHotel, Sales and Marketing at Explorers Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Nas M,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience of Explorers hotel with us. Please be assured that we read each review carefully and take each point raised in to consideration. We use your feedback to monitor and improve the service we offer.

We are pleased that you would return to explorers. Since your stay in June we have renovated all the public areas which are now bright and colourful. We have added a coffee and cakes shop to fill that afternoon sugar craving and have constructed a new outdoor pirate ship play area. We will be moving on to the rooms from winter this year. You can see all of our exciting improvements on our Facebook page.

Thank you again for your review - we look forward to welcoming you soon and showing you the new Explorers!

Adele Ridgway
Sales and Marketing
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We are just back from our 5 night stay here from 24/06 to the 30/06. My wife, four children (7yrs, twin 6yr olds + 4 yr old). We all really enjoyed this hotel.
On arrival the reception area was well staffed. The staff here speak several languages which makes it easy checking in. Facilities available were explained and we were allowed to get in to our room right away, some 2 hour's before official check in time. Great when the kids were excited to get to the park!
Rooms were good size. We had a crew room 6. This was a double and 2 single beds in main room and a connecting room with bunk beds. The room was clean as were the toilet and bathroom. The room was a cabin design with explorer theme throws and curtains. Kids liked the porthole style lights over the bed! Flat screen tv in main room and a smaller one in bunk room. The kids watched cbeebies in the morning while we were getting stuff together for the day and we had on sky news at night. TV had the usual pay per view set up for movies etc, however as we had 6 day park tickets the tv was not something needed by us. Safe in room was free of charge and hairdryer was also provided.
Maid service was in every day to make the beds, empty bins, replenish toilet stock i.e.toilet roll and soap, and provided clean towel. The bathroom has a pull washing line from one side to the other over bath which we used to hang the swimming things. Nice to have! As we used this, we kept some towels in wardrobe shelf however the maid service providing 8 towels a day not realising this, so yes we had plenty of clean towels! Also coffee/tea/sugar as given every day as there is a kettle in the room also.
Kids loved the pool and soft play and I mean loved it!!! There were times when we were in the park and they would asked to go back to the hotel! I knew they would though as this was the main reason I picked this Disney partner hotel over other Disney hotels. Also because of the size of our family they could accommodate us together in 1 place instead of paying for two rooms which we wouldn't have used as they like to be together and this saved the fighting between them of who was in mum's room and who was in dad's! No other Disney hotel on checking had the children's auqa play in the pool which was a big pirate ship with water cannons which the kids can fire and also a pirate head dump bucket. There was also a large dragon slide which is one of these twisty ones that you can see going out of the pool building area and back in again. The kids eyes nearly popped out their head on seeing this!! It also has a heated baby pool for our youngest son and another little climb up boat with a smaller shoot coming from this. Fab as the kids loved pirate theme with the mermaids and dolphins all around. As previous reviews, males, big and small, are required to wear proper swimming speado style costume/trunks. However there is a vending machine which sells these for about 12 euros. As it is French law that males do wear this, the hotel staff have no say on this! It does say on the Explorers web site under swimming rules and when noticing this I managed to get trunks from local sports shop for a couple of pounds for my eldest and me and a little pair of Jake trunks from other large supermarket chain for £4, however only noticed this a couple of days before going so was lucky as you have to go to Q&A part of Explorers site to see swimming rules or else you will miss it. There is no life guard stationed at the pool however staff at main entrance to the pool have a glass connecting door to pool with large window area also and I did see them walk round the pool every so often. Male and female staff here were very pleasant and if needed you can hire a towel here for 2euros as the norm, you cant take ones from your room however again this is on the Explores web site and we took our own. Lockers here are free of charge, you just need to entre a code.
Guest service/reception staff were very helpful. My key card for the room stopped working and they had it sorted right away although I think someone must have left one in swimming locker as I ended up with 3 instead of 2, ooopps! You can pick up leaflets at reception which give you discounts when presented at the various venues e.g.balloon ride, wild west show, cafes etc.
I also used guess services for taxi calls and to change some travellers cheques which I took just in case debit card/currency card stopped working as stated by other travellers on trip adviser site. There is a cash machine right at the side of the entrance beside left luggage room which again is free of charge working like the safe and swimming locker, just choose your code.
We had a walk around the ground one night when having an early night from Disney park. The grounds are really calming after running around the parks all day. I would say that it could do with a little outdoor play area for the kids which the hotels near have, but I knew this before going and the pool and soft play won! I'm sure they will get round to it! We just bought a ball from hotel shop.
Staff at Disney shop situated at hotel were polite and helpful. The shop stocks stuff which you can buy at Disney park. You can also send items which you have bought at the park back to this hotel which is great however we never used this service due to the fact that the kids wanted to hold there stuff with them, well at least till we got out of the shop then I got left with their bags,typical, lol!
Main area has big pirate play ship for kids, pizza bar and bar, however there is also Smuggler's tavern which does happy hour 7-8pm on cocktails and beer 2 for 1, about 8 euros. Open plan set up here with seating area were you can sit down and relax and kids can use soft play,etc.
Plankton restaurant entrance for breakfast was situated at this open planned area. Breakfast was continental style with croissants, chocolate croissants, bread,fruit bread, various pots of yogurts and mousses, cold meats, rolls, cheese, fresh fruit, cereal i.e. coco pops, cornflakes, frosties and chocolate flakes (kelloggs cereal as seen staff filling them all the time), salad. Tea/coffee/juice available from usual buffet style machines. I used one of the 3 toaster's everyday, If people would just stand back once they have put their bread in meaning others could do there's at they same time, there would not be such a fuss. They can do 12ish bits of bread at a time and they are the usual hotel toaster's for buffet's. Staff at the restaurant were really pleasant and there was always plenty of staff refilling produce and cleaning tables. So you don't need to worry about not getting something okay, relax, your on holiday! You can also buy breakfast items if you wish for 4 euros. I didn't use this however the restaurant chief was standing by to cook you some eggs, etc if you wish. We never used restaurant for dinner as we ate at the park so can not comment on this.
Nice pizza at pizza bar for about 11 euros, chips also. You can also get a beer there too meaning you don't have to go through to the bar.
Free bus to parks every 15 mins, can get a little crazy with some idiotic people pushing at busy times and this is the same in the park queues, adults running past you while your sorting the kids! Have to say that adult with no kids were the worst for this, must be due to their lost childhood, hahal! However this hotel is the first pick up on the bus meaning you get a seat and the first drop off meaning you don't get squashed for long! Last bus from park was 12.20am. 5 mins journey time.
We had a ride in the Disney balloon on our last night which is situated at Disney village however on the way out the kids were racing toget through the gate and our littlest banged his head, blood everywhere. Staff at disney park were great. We were ushered through staff back passages to medical staff who cleaned up what turned out to be just a little cut once they cleaned all,yes all the blood away! We did have medical insurance for the trip however when asked if we were staying on site and we told them we were staying at Explorers, we only had to give them our name and room number and they explained if we were worried about him just to contact hotel staff or bring him back to medical site at park in the morning. Nice to know that if you are unlucky need medical attention you have the reassurance of being looked after with this Disney partner hotel. We did see people pass out in park queues and after rides as it was very warm while we were there!
Hotel is looking really good with renovations not affecting our use of facility. Did see any major things. Staff cleaning all the time! Main area mentioned all new and new carpet's at reception looking good! There is a huge dragon here situated inside a small water feature style set up with lights and smoke. The dragon roars when you walk passed with the kids loved!
Hope this help's someone as I know what kind of things I was looking into before I booked. We are hoping to book up again for this year, if not definitely next year! Kids want to go on Sunday, yeah right!
My family and myself would just like to thank everyone at the hotel who helped make our stay a pleasant one. The kids are still buzzing from our trip as are we!
If you are going and you do need anything or there is a problem, please speak to staff. Mistakes happen however its how you handle them which is important! I emailed the hotel through the Explorers website at 10pm at night and it was answered before 10am the next day! Im sure they will try to help if they can.
We wish you a pleasant stay so relax, enjoy, and remember a little manner's,bonjour, sil vous plait and merci, goes along way. Brilliant or as my four years old says AWESOME!!!
Happy holidays from the McNab family!!!!

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor situated side of the lake, quiet as away from main area.
11 Thank Stuart M
Dear Stuart M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and descriptive review. I am sure many questions from our future guests have been answered thanks to all the information you have given.

For us at Explorers it is very rewarding to be able to see so clearly that someone has enjoyed their stay so much that they have become a fan of our hotel. We work hard each day to provide a memorable and enjoyable stay for our guests. It is wonderful to know that your stay was amazing and lived up to all of your expectations and more.

We cannot wait to welcome you and your family back again, don’t forget to let us know when over our Facebook page!

Adele Ridgway
Sales and Marketing
Skopje
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We came back two days ago, and we have spent fabilous 7 days in this hotel. We booked on-line and we had no problem with the reservation or the room. Everything was same as we sow on the internet. We loved the area, it's a countryside far from noisy trafic so we could wake up every morning with a birds song. Every hotel in that area is a part of a fairytall like a castle, circus or a ship as our hotel. We have 2 boys so it was great fun for them to take a role of "explorers". They loved the playing area and we ejoyed the ride on the slides in the pool. the vending maching for swiming accessories was the coolest thing that I have seen in the past trips. Free shattle bus is very regular (on every 10-15 min max) and you can easily go to Disney parcs and back (the last bus is at 00.30h).
The only thing that I find missing is a frige in the rooms wich is basic in every hotel nowdays. Since it's a family hotel with a lots of kinds, frige it's a must for some medicines, for example antibiotics or other type of therapy. But, there was a electric kettle for boiling water so you could enjoy fresh coffee or tea in your room.
Coridors to the rooms were not very clean as it should be.

2 Thank LukaMarko
Dear LukaMarko,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience after your visit at the Explorers Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. It is true that the area is very quiet and peaceful so it is great that you chose our hotel for your holiday.

The entire team hopes to see you back soon !

Manchester
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A large hotel in the Disney village, everything in Disney is expensive. The room was clean & comfortable with good facilities, including a kettle which is unusual in France. The restaurant is very busy and self-service. Although the room was cleaned people put thing outside their rooms in the early morning & they were still there the following morning, the rooms had been cleaned in this time. A free bus service operates from the hotel to Disney.

Dear Smartmart1958,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel after your visit.

We are glad that you had a nice stay and noted your remarks so we can continue improving in the future.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you !

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just stayed at the hotel last week for a couple of days It is a good hotel and has excellent facilities for children including the swimmng pool and play areas. Very clean although I did feel the rooms were quite basic. Good bus service to the Parks. Breakfast was very good with a wide range of choices continential style and very well organised. The bar closes at 11pm so if you were looking to have a relaxing drink after the parks close you would be unable to, although by the time you have spent the hours atthe parks you are more likely to want to fall into bed for a well earned rest . I would certainly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Michelle38_12
ExplorersHotel, Sales & Marketing Assistant at Explorers Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Michelle38_12,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience after your visit at the Explorers hotel.

We are delighted that you had a lovely time with us enjoying our numerous facilities and entertainment. It's really nice to read that you will recommend us.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back !

Sales & Marketing Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#4 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Explorers Hotel? Share your experiences!