“Adequate, resturant overpriced for quality and service”

Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Adequate, resturant overpriced for quality and service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The overall presentation and location of the hotel is good. We Experinced no problems with the free shuttle service. The swimming pool is small but very nicely presented. Breakfast was plentyfull and variety to suit all requirements. We were surprised at the length of time and frequency that room service plates were left in corridors. The major disappointment was the meal in the resturant, which was overpriced for what served. Steaks were not presented as requested, beef casserole was touugh and grissley. At no pont during the meal were we asked if everything was ok, at the end off the meal when asked we all ok we were able to express our disappointment. Overall this took the shine off our family break

Room Tip: This is a hotel very close to the parc, beware there will be very young children
1 Thank Lisa A
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Mrs Lisa A,

We appreciate your taking the time to post a notice on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu at Disneyland Paris and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with the restaurant. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Food and Beverage, in order to improve our operations.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon, I naturally remain at your service for anything further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel grounds are very nice, the rooms are a nice size (especially in Europe), but everything is very dated. There was mold in the bathroom, the carpet had ripped seams, very disappointing. Additionally, I had requested a sitter before we arrived and they said it could be arranged. When I arrived the sitter service had closed and no reservation for a sitter was made. Although I will say the concierge did really try to "pull a rabbit out of the hat".

Dear Mr jldittber,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with a sitter. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Réservation, Front Office and Concierge, in order to improve our operations.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here in December 2012 for 4 nights on a B&B basis with my wife & 3 year old daughter the room was very big & modern, big bathroom with his & her sinks all very impressive, The breakfast was very good lots of choice, The reason we where here was for Disneyland the shuttle bus runs all day drops you at the Gates of the park make sure you book a time slot the night before if you want to get to the park at a certain time as i can imagine the bus gets very busy in the summer months, We used the hotel indoor pool which was very nice free towels.I would rate this hotel 4* plus any questions get intouch

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leerico
Dear Mr Leerico,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had big expectations about this hotel after staying on Radisson Blu hotels on other countries. First impression was OK, we arrived before the check in time so left our luggage and went to the park. The shuttle requires a pre-book that should be done at the reception. That's when thing starts to go downhill. There are 4 desks but at most there are 2 people attending guests and they are dealing with all kind of requests, from check in, check out, complaints, shuttle bookings, etc, so with 1 person at the front desk liaising with all guest request it may take up to 30 mins to book a shuttle. Why can't the concierge deal with bus shuttle is beyond my understanding. We returned from the park after closing time and got to the hotel at 11 pm. Our room (Business Class) was ready but...broken table, worn down table, broken tiles in the bathroom (razor sharp), dirty carpets, terrible bed, we even found a broken safe pin on the carpet and with our 2 year old daughter running around it was not safe at all, so decided to complain straight away, the duty person came to the room took some pictures and promise a room upgrade/changeout which happen next day with many apologies from the manager, bottle of champagne, chocolates, etc which was well received.

Some other comments:

Shuttle bus: The drop off / Pick up zone at the park is not marked at all, so if you are arriving by train you won't be able to find the stop as its totally counter intuitive (Taxi rank). People taking the shuttle are extremely rude, taking the bus was my least favourite part of the day, so be prepared to push and be pushed...

Hotel restaurant: service is extremely slow, on one night I even got the wine bottle after the starters where served...no apologies...However, food was great!! same for breakfast(buffet), good selection and quality.

Hotel service: very poor, on one day we had no towels on the room.The hotel runs a "one button" service for all kind of queries (room services, etc) absolutely useless, it take in average of 5 tries to get someone to answer the phone.

Bar was great with overpriced drinks. And ahh no mini bar on the room, what hotel doesn't even put a bottle of water on the room nowdays...snot even a bottle of water on the room. Be sure you get some supplies from the train station.

So, disappointing overall as I don't consider this hotel a true reflection of the good standard of the Radisson Blu I've experienced on other hotels from the same brand in other countries.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Business Class room
Dear Mr Rodcord,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, in order to improve our operations.

Travelers are raving about these Magny-le-Hongre hotels

Ireland
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel is well located near Disney, lobby has a nice feel and the rooms are ok though a little run down - scratched furniture and doors etc.
room service was good quality and not too expensive, However

There was no one on the door to help with bags, there were 2 young people on reception with long queues. These poor kids were doing check in, manning phones, helping guests with other problems- they were literally the only visible staff in the place! It felt like an abandoned ship! One touch service is a joke and the phone just rings out. Service is worse than a one star- the management needs to get their act together.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Goessag
Dear Mrs Goessag,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with understaffed. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Head of Office, in order to improve our operations.

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights between Christmas and New Year during a very busy period.

Pro's - nicely styled hotel. Large bedrooms with very comfortable beds and especially large bathrooms (compared to the UK). Rooms are adequately furnished and ours included safe and also bath robes/slippers. We were on the third floor near the lift yet the rooms were well sound proofed and remarkably quiet compared to the amount of guests coming and going. Efficient 10 minute shuttle ride service to and from Disney.

Con's - bar prices were very expensive, so much so, the barman even apologized. 4 glasses of a regular measure of wine cost €36. Housekeeping let this hotel down. We experienced a lack of adequate replenishment of teas/coffees/milk sachets. We came back to no towels one night. Also empty toilet rolls were not replaced with new. A bit disappointing from this level of hotel.

Tip's - check the website to see where you get the courtesy bus. It's not sign posted and not with the other buses, but easy once you know.
- check to see if you need to book for your selected courtesy bus time to the parks.
- if using the train station, the hotel offers the Disney Express luggage management service for €11 per room. This means that you can drop all your luggage to reception (by 11am) on your day of departure and it will be transported and held for your collection at the station from the Disney Express counter on the 1st floor (which is beside the Eurostar check in). This was excellent as we didn't have to worry about our bags at all!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sean C
Dear Mr Sean C,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with the room. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Housekeeping, in order to improve our operations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Good hotel. stayed over xmas with my wife and 5 year old. Good facilities (pool small but not overcrowded so great!). Room was a good size and clean. Housekeeping worked around us so thank you. Food was pricey and service was slow: disappointing each time we ate that my child's food came after we had finished with only limp apologies. But for the wife's bday on boxing day i arranged with the restaurant breakfast in bed and this was well served, on time and super tasty! Thank you Radisson for making this a special trip.
To conclude, you pay for what you get and this is no exception but certainly this trip of 5 nights was comfortable and welcoming with good service on our understanding that we would be paying a premium on everything.
Well recommended and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Perfect1world
Dear Mr Perfect1world,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Explorers Hotel
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
#4 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!