We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Eco Paraiso Xixim and had a very nice time. The rooms are quite attractive and more than spacious with hammocks on each porch, but this is not a hotel for people who expect the Hyatt. Some geckos do inhabit the high thatched palapa ceilings of each bungalow and they do leave you a few litte droppings a day but nothing that would bother most people who love animals and the outdoors. We also had a small bird pair who managed somehow to get into and out of one of our rooms but were fun to observe and watch the one afternoon they were with us. The diversity of other birds and wildlife was quite unusual and the beach was nearly deserted except for a few other guests and untold numbers of shells. The excursion to see the flamingos, petrified forest, mangrove forest, and cenote should not be missed if you are in the area. We enjoyed the meals, which for dinner have a fixed menu except for a choice of entree (one vegetarian, one seafood, and one meat). The service in the restaurant was very attentive for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and nearly all of the food is cooked to order as would be expected for the small number of rooms and guests. I would caution that there is no snorkeling as the water is greenish as is typical of the Gulf side of the Yucatan and that the afternoons tend to be windy even when the mornings and evenings are clear and calm. No mosquitos to speak of when we visited but I have heard that the summer months may be a more difficult time of year for biting insects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun