I am a yoga teacher, who leads a lot of retreats and workshops. A few weeks ago, I decided I needed to 'walk the talk', and take a solo retreat to recharge my batteries and get re-inspired. I knew I had to get to salt water, but I find the Pacific Coast of Mexico a little rough. When I found Hotel Xixim on-line, the pictures of the natural surroundings sold me; it looked a lot like the area of Cape Cod where I had spent many summers.
Everyone associated with the hotel was courteous and helpful~ and when they understood I was there to really be by myself, they accommodated that beautifully. I LOVED the 'juice therapy', and went for 2 days trying many of the fresh concoctions.
Eco-sustainable tourism is a mighty idea, and I think this place just about has it right. Its remoteness means nature, animals and birds are front and center. And if you can move through the internal resistance we have to being entertained and occupied by all things electronic, then you can really get into appreciating the slower rhythm on offer here.
I was there during the dry season, although it did rain one evening (which was so refreshing). It was great watching the clouds and thunder slowly roll in. The beach was very clean, and wonderful to take long walks on. It faces west, so the long sunset can be enjoyed from a hammock right on the shore. I loved having my own suite (I have 4 kids. I wanted to move to Xixim...), loved the very private, but very open outdoor shower, and I even loved the iguana who liked to hang out with me. All in all, it was a very special 5 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun