We spent 3 nights in this beautiful magical place, There were only a few other guests and the peace was complete. The bungalow was so attractive and deceptively simple, but we were as comfortable as could be, miles from anywhere. There were one or two people on the miles of beach, no-one in the swimming pools (ok, one person, once!) and yet the discrete staff were there to wait on you whenever you wanted anything. Lovely beds with mosquito nets draped over the 4 posters. We saw so many birds and other wildlife around the estate and when we went to see the flamingos. There were lots of good bird and plant and wildlife guides in the library.
Delicious food, local produce and a real commitment to eco travel. A very special place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun