Like others we wanted to see the flamingos and bird life - which were amazing.
This hotel seemed to be one of the only options from afar. As many have said, it is 10kms to the north of Celestun along an unmade road so it takes a while to get there and makes unnecessary journeys a bit of a pain (20 mins each way).
We went for 2 nights at a time when the weather was unsettled, cloudy, a bit rainy and windy, and the hotel complex did not look its best under those circumstances - the beach was wild, desolate, a little shabby and not very inviting. There were very few people staying - 3 or 4 other couples/families so the restaurant, which is hardly cosy or atmospeheric at the best of times, was rather cold and soulless. The food was average - service good.
The room was nice except the fittings of the bathroom were unexceptional and it was a bit smelly. On arrival there was an infestation of ants on one side of the room but the cleaners soon arrived to spray and clean up and it didn't present too much of a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun