“Casinos in Macau”
Review of Macau

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Perth, Australia
34 helpful votes
“Casinos in Macau”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Reached Macau after getting throught immigration from Hong Kong in about 1 hour. getting around is preatty easy using the free shuttle buses from Casino to Casino.
All the Casinos are fantastic and some even Bigger that the ones In Las vegas.
Most people go here to gamble and the street where pretty empty compared to the amount of people inside the Casinos.
My Favorites where MGM, Wynn, City of Dreams and Venetian.
There are Newer ones going up at a rapid pace as i write.
The place is magical at Night when all the lights come on and there is a dancing Fountain show outside Wynn nightly. Check it out... The Grand Prix was happening about 5 days after we left and all the streets where already Wired off. The buses where still using these streets and it was fun to say you had been on the same road as the Fomula One cars. This is a Gamblers paradise, not so much a Shoppers, Unless you want to buy Big like " Dunhill" Tiffany" Cartier etc all big names.

2 Thank blueeyes3000
Dallas
4 helpful votes
“Venetian hotel in Macau”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We traveled to Macau from Hong Kong by Turbojet and stayed in a roomy suite at Venetian hotel for one night. The amenities were very impressive and comfortable. It had 2 TVs in the room and the boys had their own TV enjoyed watching their favorite cartoon shows while eating their dinner and breakfast. On our first night at the hotel we took advantage of the hotel’s swimming pool facility and spent two hours there. And on the second day, the boys spent a solid 2 hrs visiting a new play area in the hotel called “Qube” and absolutely loving it. High recommended for family with kids to stay.

2 Thank wong618
los Angeles, California
“Traveler Alert for Macau-They do not want Foreigners to visit.”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The MACAU Government is very unfriendly concerning foreigners visiting. The border authorities are refusing entry or issuing short stays to foreigners for unknown reasons which constitutes a slap in the face of Human Rights. The border authorities will not tell you why you are refused or why your entry days are limited. Their rules and regulations say one thing and upon arrival they institute new rules that are not in the official government regulations. I was in mainland China for several months recently and frequently traveled over to Macau for the weekend to gamble, eat and enjoy the fun. However, the border authorities begin in july issuing all foreigners only 20 days on entry to Macau instead of the written 30 days in their Government documents and no one knows why. I call the American Embassy in Hong Kong they were shocked. I am an American citizen and it clearly states in the Macau government regulations that American Citizens get 30 days upon entry to Macau. NOW, everyone is getting 20 days or 9 days or being refused entry to Macau. Macau is a resort, gambling and vacation country? I have never broken any laws, been approached by any police, and i have always left Macau on the correct dates. ON my last entry in August, I was given 9 days only and given an official paper saying that I cannot return for 50 days to Macau. No reason was stated and when I questioned them no one would reply to me. Just told me to move on. We all want to think that things are about "me" but this is happening to everyone who enters and returns to Macau and no one will tell us why? I am a wealthy U.S. Citizen who spends lots of money in Macau and I am an excellent law abiding citizen. How long will the International Casino's like Steve Wynn's, Sands, Venetian, MGM exist if the Macau Government continues to refuse entry to foreign citizens and restricts people from coming to Macau? They have severly restricted the mainland Chinese from visiting Macau and what is next? Beware, any foreigners traveling to Macau will not be guaranteed 30 days upon entry and are not treated with any respect by the border authorities. They would never tell me why they shortened my stay and were unprofessional in their treatment of me. In addition, please be aware of the severe pickpocket problem in Macau. It happens in the casino's when you are playing or on the street. The police nor the casino's do anything to curb this problem.

Navi Mumbai, India
25 helpful votes
“I haven't seen a more glittering night.”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We reached Macau ferry terminal from Hong Kong airport ferry terminal. It was drizzling and the hotel bus came late by about 15-20 mins.
The place is to be seen at night. Its the most glittering place i've seen. I haven't been to las vegas though!!. For an Indian Tourist the attraction would be the Casinos. I tried the Casino Rio which had a minimum stake of HKD 20. I also tried the WYNN Casino whose minimum stake is HKD 100. The DRAGON Laser show at WYNN Hotel every hour of the day was awesome.
The Casino scene is cool, safe and fair. You've to love casinos if ur in macau. No point otherwise.
WARNING- for Indians. Language is a big problem. Please carry the name of place/ hotel attraction you want to visit written in chinese (Your hotel travel desk guys will help u with that). Please locate the pizza hut, macdonalds, aruna jha, indian spices etc as soon as u reach macau, because Chinese food in china is not the same like India. It tastes and smells very very different. It may take some time getting used to the smell of fish oil etc.
-- A few good adult shows also on at hotel golden dragon.
- I recommend the place to splurge on gambling and testing your luck/skill. Great Fun on that front.
Happy Gambling!!

mumbai
1 helpful vote
“Macau is the place to be..”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Macau is the best place to be in asia.. the only place where u ll get everything..ppl interested in gud nite life shd definately not miss this place

Been to Macau? Share your experiences!