“Very impressed”

IFT Educational Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 756 Restaurants in Macau
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Educational Restaurant at the Institute for Tourism Studies, Macao is a Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand rated restaurant and awarded "2016 Certificate of Excellence Award" by TripAdvisor.
Perth
“Very impressed”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It was a last minute decision to try this restaurant - it was our last night in Macau - it did take a little bit of time to find our way there - but it was certainly worth it. The restaurant is well appointed and has a wonderful view at night (being on a hillside). The service was fantasic - courteous and attentive - but not intrusive. The food was amazing - we had the tasting plate because of reading the reviews on Tripadvisor - and were not disappointed - but looking at some other meals that were coming out of the kitchen I'm sure we could have chosen anything of the menu and we would have been happy. The range of Portugese wines/port was also very good. We thought it was excellent value for money

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank thereandbackagain094

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Scotland
“As good as usual”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I took my daughter to lunch at the IFT mainly because of the dessert buffet (she's 14!) and we had a lovely set lunch. She had pea soup and duck-healthy and delicious, while I had wonderful deep fried sardines and a squid-ink risotto that looked like a construction site (grey and full of seafood) but tasted deliciously rich. The dessert buffet had an interesting sesame ice cream along with other delights. My glass of wine was perfect.
I had just been to Robuchon for lunch with my husband, and I must admit I preferred the IFT. Hasn't got the wow factor, but for really good food in a lovely dining room at a fantastic price I don't think it can be beat.
We've also been to many dinners at the IFT, and I think it has the best food in Macau.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank glesgagirlScotland
Perth, Australia
“Over rated”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Other diners who highly rated this restaurant was the reason I took my family there after reading the reviews. To be honest the food was only average and not worth that much effort finding the place. However, the service was excellent and the staff were friendly and attentive.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank dominatam
Macau, China
“Highly recommended Restaurant in Macau”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

IFT Educational Restaurant is a training restaurant for culinary students. I have been there several times, I think It is very difficult to find a restaurant that is quiet, good atmosphere, quality food, and with acceptable price in Macau nowadays. Although the choice of food are very limit, but all of them are fine. The only thing that I am not satisfy with is the operation hours of the restaurant, it only opens on Mondays to Fridays.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank Sammlao
Cambridge
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had one of our best meals ever here. Choose the Tasting Menu where you get a bit of everything - you won't regret it! Every one of our dishes was excellent, in terms of presentation, flavours, and amount, and prepared with the best quality ingredients. We finished it all. Service was polite and attentive. Very highly recommended.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank laptopboer

Been to IFT Educational Restaurant? Share your experiences!