“Bad News”
Review of Hotel Central

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Hotel Central
Ranked #81 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed June 7, 2011

i did read the previous review before booking, i expected the condition to be poor , but when we saw our room , it was terrible..... wallpapers peeling off the walls , the toilets is terrible.. the cupboard , best if we didn't touch it because there is some kinda mold smell when we opened the cupboard, and there is more , they took my towel mistaken for theirs ( i really didn't know how did that happened) then we complained to the person incharge , but ... i didn't get it back , plus there are young women and old men walking in and out of the lifts ( if u know what i mean ) the only good thing about the hotel is it's location~ it's so near the places that i planned to visit.... unless anybody can stand the mess , dun check in .
p.s during my stay there is renovation on the outside of the hotel , maybe they will renovate the rooms too... who knows....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank L0uisse

Reviewed June 7, 2010

It´s a Cheap Hotel but don´t expect mutch. Very old building and some times not so clean.
If you´re backpacking and with a limited budget, then this is the way to go. Staff can speak a litle bit of english and the location is very good.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank MauroRDLopes
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I would only recommend this hotel to my worst enemies. The reviews prior to this one are all true. Me and my 3 friends only stayed here because we are caught in the middle of a storm at 2 a.m. after arriving from Hong Kong. I saw signs from travel agents at the ferry terminal that this hotel offered the lowest rate. I now blame myself for not having a reservation in a good 3-star hotel at least so we ended staying at this hotel.

There were women in mini-skirts at the lobby when we arrive so from that very moment I know what kind of hotel this was. I don't want to hurt the feelings of the owners of this hotel and its loyal customers but I have no positive words to say in this review. On the bright side we only spent about 6 hours in this hotel as we are very excited to leave this hotel as soon as the sun rose.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
9  Thank kegler747
Reviewed April 11, 2010

It was my first time in macau. I've tried to book some other hotels but every where was fully booked during the easter day. My partner and I found this hotel from a friend who recommended us at a very last minute. So, we've decided to put up a night in this hotel. The location was excellent. It's walking distance to the senado square and the ruin's of st.paul.

The minute I stepped in to this hotel, some kind of smell came into the air...smells like those old wooden furnitures. The receptionist was unfriendly, and she spoke to us in an impolite manner. She then passed us the room key without telling us anything. She was busy at that moment. But she should not have treated her customers this way.

We stayed on the 10th floor. The walkway to our room was dark, and there were also creaking sound from the floor when we were walking to our room. That made me had goosebumps!

The toilet was dirty with yellow dirt stains on the wall and the floor! There's also a cigarette butt next to the toilet bowl. I wonder whether do they clean the toilet? If I were alone, i don't dare to sleep. My partner was there to accompany me. Luckily it was just a night. And we checked out happily and quickly the next morning and left for HK to continue with our visiting. If you have a better choice of hotels, please don't come to this hotel. If you were to stay in this hotel, be prepared.

There's also free wi fi. You can online with your own laptop.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lynn1919
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I booked this hotel via macau.com on internet. As I wanted to go to Macau to do some sightseeing and just need a room to sleep overnight there, I was not prepared to pay much. So on the internet, the price of an accommodation for one night was the cheapest one, HKD 300.

When I entered into the looby of the hotel, I felt quite uncomfortable. The looby was quite dark and old. I showed my ID and the voucher, the lady at the reception gave me straight away the key. The lift is next to the reception. It was like a lift in any horro film. Uncreditble old and dirty. Ok. I got to the floor where my room was located. The corridor was slim and long, the wall was painted in blood red color, so it gave me a horror feeling already. Inside the room, the furniture was quite worn out. The wall paper has not been changed since at least 30 years. So it looked very dirty.

I was glad that I just spent one night and no more in this terrible hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
15  Thank Poppmaster
Reviewed August 26, 2008

The first thing that you will notice when you enter the lobby of Hotel Central is the faint smell of old furniture and dust. I could not blame them as I heard that this is the oldest hotel in Macau and was used to be the highest structure then. It was a consolation that the lady in the reception has a smiling face, we appreciate the silent welcome. We booked through macau.com so we only presented our passports and the printed copy of the confirmed booking.. then she gave the key right away.

Me and my friend have been hearing a lot of negative feedbacks on this hotel so we were relieved when we got a nice room but then it's still old. I don't have any complaints. We only needed a place for an overnight stay and something to place our bags. We didn't require any assistance from the staff because we were out most of the time, exploring the sights. However, the air-conditioning is not working. The TV has cable, with english channels. The beddings were okay, tolerable. The hotel is advisable for those who doesn't care about the dark and seemingly-creepy hallways and are on a tight budget.

For some reason, I think that it must be a haven for those who were looking for cheap fun (sex) because at night, there were people on some floors who would always press the button of the lift and the lift will go there. I saw them looking unusual, prostitutes probably and they're Chinese. One time while waiting for the lift to open on our floor, a Chinese guy also offered me and my friend a 500MOP for 'make love'. We didn't understand it at first because he was only whispering the words but when we understood, we were horrified and said no (!). So just be careful. Lock the doors. Don't talk with anyone, except the receptionist.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
12  Thank axianbeauty
Reviewed December 3, 2007

We were travelling from HK and we were not able to book any budget accomodations in advance. We arrived in Macau on a Saturday, thus, all the decent budget accomodations were fully-booked or the rooms available was beyond our budget. Anyways, we found Central Hotel in the tourist brochure for budget accomodations. Considering our budget , heavy backpacks, and at that time we were already tired and hungry, we decided to book one room/overnight stay, even if our first impression of the hotel was of disgust because of the crappy feeling and look of the hotel lobby and the rude female receptionist.

Alas, our first impression for this hotel was correct and well-founded. The elevator looked like those you see in horror movies; it was dim lighted and slow. Our room was dirty (the glasses were dirty), the furnishings were worn out (the towel had holes), it had the horrible smell of cigarette smoke, and there was no light in the bathroom.

To top it all, the toilet flush was not properly working. The result, of course, was that we could not flush away our crap.
It was really disgusting. What a craptacular hotel!

This hotel does not deserve its 2-star hotel status. I stayed in some hostels that have better service and accomodation.
The only saving grace for this place was the hot showers and location (it is located near senado square)

Thus, if you are not pressed for time and budget, look for other hostels/hotels. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank PinayTourist