3,998 results
All reviewsmichael jacksonmistral restaurantprestige suiteclub flooraccor memberferry terminalriver viewsenado squareluxury rooml'occitane toiletrieswalking distanceolder partfree shuttlest paulevening cocktailsmainland chinaan upgrade
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We thought the Sofitel was an excellent hotel. The rooms are a good size and very lushly fitted out. The shower was amazing as was the bath that came with an lcd over it.

The service at the hotel was very good with the only exception been the restaurant where they seemed to be short staffed.

The gym and pool area are very nice and we thought it was in a good location. I would highly recommend it and would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hot_Dots
Reviewed September 2, 2009

If you want a wonderful room with convenient, low ante gambling, this is the spot. The bigger casinos are a short taxi ride away. The neighborhood surrounding the Sofitel isn't so attractive, but it is easy to escape the neighborhood with a short walk or taxi ride. The rooms were very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2009

....you'll miss out on what Macau is all about.

We moved out the Venetian to Trip Advisors #1 recommended hotel and we were not disappointed.

This hotel is not a giant but a ~200 room beautifully designed and managed hotel in Downtown old Macau.

Beautifdul designed lobby, lifts and guest rooms.

The Rendevius bar interior design is some of the best I've seen, comfortable too.

Another strong point is the location....lots of history and sights to see only walking distance from the hotel.

The Casino is small (compared to Cotai Strip ) but good and the staff is awake and friendly.

I'll be back to Ponte 16 for sure!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank d16rr702
Reviewed August 23, 2009

If you want a huge casino, all the bells and whistles, and thousands of gamblers at the gaming hall, this not your hotel. This Sofitel is located away from the Lisboas, MGM Grand, Wynn, Sands, and miles away from the Cotai Strip. But what you get, is walking distance from all the World Heritage sites, including the Senado Square, the epicenter of Macau. I would recommend this hotel only to those who are doing most sight-seeing in Macau. For those LV-style fun, stick with City of Dreams or Wynn...

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank CHM1
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I always wanted to go to Macau, so I went for two nights.
The room was very nice. it had a comfortable bed and a large screen TV.
My room overlooked the river, even though I had asked for a city view. But that wasn't a big deal to me. There was a gym with a locker room that included a dry and wet sauna. However, neither was hot enough. The pool was of nice size overlooking the river.
From the airport to the hotel was 70 dollars by taxi. There is a casino on the site, but it was filled with smoke, so I took a taxi to the Wynn and it had a very nice casino.
The buffet breakfast was nice, and should be for 28 dollars. There are few options for breakfast in the area. A starbucks is about 10 minute walk away.
If you want internet it is 20 dollars for 24 hours. I didn't see a internet cafe while I walked around.
In all, a very nice hotel, that is away from the casino's. If I went back to Macau, I might stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo