“Amazing”

Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16
Ranked #13 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night in May 2013.

They were kinda strict with the check-in time. I really had to wait for 3pm before I could get into my room. But you can leave your stuff with them and start going around Macau.

The service was amazing. They have staff in the lobby always ready to help and they know a lot about the place. I got good recommendations of where to eat. They gave directions clearly too, if you needed to know how to go to place b from there. [My sense of directions is bad but with the instructions they gave, I reached the places I wanted to go to. :)]

The room was amazing. It wasn't big but enough. The design is modern. It's clean and just really pretty. :)

Location is great too - walking distance (maybe 5-10mins) to Senado Square. There's also a bus from Airport that stops near the hotel.

Love the bathroom amenities (l'occitane) :)

Breakfast was just ok. Maybe, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go out instead and try food from a local restaurant. [I ordered a standard american breakfast, room service.]

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member (Aka, rjvsantos),

We are extremely happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you with an amazing experience!

Our Concierge team is always ready with the best dining, sightseeing and cultural suggestions, from north to south and east to west, for all our guests to enjoy Macau City. We feel proud to have such a motivated team that not only provide accurate information but provides it from their hearts.

We appreciate your positive feedback towards our location, facilities and design. We are happy to be able to blend the local Macanese culture with our French Flair..

Mistral Restaurant offers a great variety of choices for breakfast from hot buffet to a la minute selection. We highly recommend you to try it during your next visit for only MOP 120 + 15%.
Any plans to visit us again? We are looking forward to having you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wow, the minute I set foot on this exceptional hotel I was surrounded by friendly and extremely motivated people.
Their service is outstanding. Their rooms are very well designed and awfully clean.
I can truly recommend this establishment

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member (Aka, 705AlexJ),

What a wonderful review! We believe that our Ambassadors are indeed our essence and our key to success. Without them, their expertise and attitude Sofitel will definitely not be where it is nowadays.

We have shared your review with all our team and we could not have felt prouder! Thank you for recognizing their great job and service. We will continue celebrating with them to motivate them to give the best of the best to all our guests!

Any plans to visit us again at the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16? We hope we remain as your first choice during future visits.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at Sofitel Macau for 1 night in March 2013 after a business trip to HongKong. To start with, check-in was really smooth, was done with it within 15 mins. I got an upgrade to river view room at a very low price. The rooms are really good, big nicely done, good bathroom size and very clean. The staff, especially Esteban, at the concierge was very helpful. Location is good - 5 mins walking distance to Serenado Square. But its in the different part of the city where the real gambling action is, quite far from Venetian ( Cotai strip). But you can take a free shuttle from Master hotel ( 2 mins walk from Sofitel ) to Venetian.
I am a vegetarian, upon request the chef specially made a veg italian meal for me. Overall my experience at the first Sofitel property I have stayed at was amazing. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member (Aka, Gaurav67),

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16. We are delighted to know that you left with a memorable experience.

We appreciate your kind comments towards our property, room facilities, location and overall service. Our objective is to offer all our guests unique and personalized experiences and we are extremely happy everything was well followed up during your stay.

We have shared your comments with all our management team and Ambassadors. We specially thanked Esteban and all our kitchen ambassadors for always going one step further and exceed expectations.

Do you have any plans to come back to Macau? Let us know! We would love to help you arranging future visits.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Among the hotels I use to stay when I go to Macau (The Rocks Hotel, The Grand Lapa aka ‘old’ Mandarin’, and the Sofitel), this is the one I prefer.

The rooms are good (check photo), blending well the usual Asian view of luxury with a recognizable touch of European style.

Service might not be perfect but is definitely better than what you tend to find nowadays in Macau.

Location wise it seems totally out of the way – it’s on Inner Harbor. But that’s an illusion. Even if you are away from the places where the majority of the Macau hotels are located (a big advantage, in my opinion), you are just a 5 min walk down San Ma Lo from the Leal Senado Square the very center of Macau. Furthermore, the Inner Harbor area is one of the few still well preserved areas of Macau, and by wandering through the nearby small lanes you can feel the authentic Macau: an unique and odd blend between a small Chinese fisherman village and the Portuguese colonial past.

Finally you have the views. I imagine that for the ‘non-initiated’ the views fm the Sofitel rooms over the rusty Macau rooftops can leave you at best surprised – you might even find them ugly. For me, these are the best views in the world! They do capture Macau unique soul. Sorry if I sound excessive. But I have deep roots in this place, live there for 7 years and have very precious memories of Macau.

For this stay in the Sofitel Ponte 16, I have stayed on the club floor. So it was a stay even better than previous ones, with a better room, better service and (even) better views – as usual, the club rooms are located on the higher floors.

My recommendation for Macau is, of course, to avoid the ‘new Macau’ of the CoTai casinos with their loads of tourists without a cause… Just wander through the small lanes of Macau, without a specific destiny and let yourself feel, absorb and be absorbed by the place atmosphere. And if you need to try your luck in a casino, do it in the old Macau fashion, on the dated dark rooms of the old Lisboa!

In Macau, for good Portuguese food on grand colonial setting, I recommend “Clube Militar”. For Best in the World Dim Sum, “Portas do Sol” on the old Lisboa Hotel. And for a truly Macanese experience, “Litoral” on Inner Harbour.

Room Tip: High floor, city side offers the most dramatic views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member (Aka, LAASG_Portugal),

Wise words from a guest with experience! Your review is truly inspiring and warm hearted. We even feel like going on a self tour around the streets of this beautiful old town right now!

You are right, the cultural and historical sites in this side of the city should never been left aside. The views that Sofitel Macau offers including the harbor to Mainland China and old town are breathtaking.

Did you know that the Sofitel Logo represents the link in between 2 different cultures and the link in between our Ambassadors and our Guests? All our properties are different and it is because we blend our French culture with the local one.

Any plans to come back and visit us? You can directly book your room with our Reservations team and share your preferences. We will make sure we assign you with our best available room.
We look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Macau for 2 days 1 night and I choose Sofitel. Location is great near Senado Square and Ruin of St Paul. Hotel lobby was nice and fresh. Nice and modern room, excellent beddings!!, bathroom amenities (I love the L'occitane), staff service was excellent. I like MJ Cafe, price are not too high. There is a free shuttle bus to airport and ferry terminal. But unfortunately not in my destination ferry terminal so I have go there by taxi. Wifi signal not too strong in room. There is a staff helped me to check out so I dont have to queue in front of reception desk. Overall, excellent hotel! I'd specially love the beddings and bathroom. I will surely stayed in this hotel if I go to Macau.

• Stayed: June 2013
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member (Aka, starliteblue),

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16.
We are glad to know that you left loving our property!

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed all our facilities including: the lobby ambiance, the guest-room and especially the bedding and bathroom amenities. Did you know that L’occitane amenities are provided in our Luxury and Superior rooms and the Club and Suite rooms’ amenities are Hermes?

As you have described, the hotel is located within walking distance to many attractions and local stores that offer convenience to our guests for sightseeing and shopping activities.

Any plans to visit Macau in the near future? If so, please kindly let us know how we can make your stay a better one and make sure you leave with a second memorable experience.

Yours sincerely,