4,027 results
All reviews michael jackson mistral restaurant prestige suite club floor accor member ferry terminal river view senado square luxury room l'occitane toiletries walking distance older part free shuttle st paul evening cocktails mainland china an upgrade
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We loved our stay. Great location to see the site's. Nice relaxing atmosphere.
The only problem was that the jacuzzi was not heated. Front desk staff was extremely
nice. Loved our room facing the light house, we fell asleep with the lights of the city. The
shuttle bus was easy to use. Great express/free bus to City of Dreams.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ifuhadwings
Reviewed April 22, 2011

... in a not so perfect neighborhood. Not that it affected our stay in any way. The location is actually perfect! No noisy casinos or seedy establishments nearby, a 24 hour convenience store just outside, a short 5-10minute walk to Senado square, and regular and efficient shuttle bus service to the ferry terminal.
Plus of course the usual Sofitel luxury. Loved the bed, the bath, the interiors, and the staff! Check in was a breeze, the concierge was so helpful, staff at the Mistral was very courteous and attentive, everything felt just right!
There were two things that I didnt bother get the attention of any hotel staff though during our stay. The hair dryer in the room sounded weird so decided not to use it, and the weighing scale had low batteries. No big deal, but could have been perfect if housekeeping checked everything first before they cleared it after the previous guests.
In spite of that, it will be very hard for me not to stay at Ponte 16 again. It's my 10th time to visit Macau since 2004 and I always go back for a quick vacation. I'm not a casino goer, i just love the sights and the food. For sure my first stay with Sofitel won't be my last.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank impulsetraveller
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Life is magnifique at this sofitel. I only stayed at another sofitel brand before, but the one in Macau really exceeded our expectations. First of all, when we arrived, they upgraded us to the club floor (although couldn't use the club benefits). The nice points can be summarised as follows:
1. It's one of the best equiped rooms i have ever been in (ironing kit, safe, free bags to use, bible, torch, large desk to work, little lounge sofa etc..). The room is elegantly designed. The celing was extremely high and we had a view of the harbour.
2. The bathroom looks luxurious and had all the amenities, namely multi function shower heads, bathtub, razor kit, Hermes soap and shampoo. They even had a TV in the bathtub which i have never seen before in a non suite room.
3. on the tech side, The tv was at least more than 40 inch with a good selection of channels. They have lots of power points and an adaptor so you can charge your phone easily. When you sleep, you can also choose to turn on small dim light next to the bathroom so the rooms isn't so dark when you need to go to bathroom in the middle of the night.
4. the bed was comfortable. Also you could also select 5 different types of pillow, by calling room service.
5. Location wise, it was close to the old square and St Paul ruins. 10 to 15 mins walk to the attractions and shopping on the Macau island. however If you want to go to Cotai (where venetian and city of dreams are located), the taxi ride is around 20 mins and cost about 8 to 9 USD . If you are in Macau, you must check out and go see the house of dancing water which is in the City of Dreams.
6. The hotel feels elegant and more private, not like the huge mass hotels like Wynn and Venetian where it feels like the Casino is the highlight of the place.
7. We didn't try the food at the hotel, but the portuguese egg tart is a must try if you are in Macau. You can buy these in the shopping areas.

The only not so good things about this hotel is that: they didn't have WIFI in the room which is now expected in all 5 stars hotel. Also there was hardly any taxis in front of the hotel (unlike other hotels in Macau). We had to wait around 5-10 mins for a taxi. Other than that, i would recommend this place to other people who want a magnifique holiday in Macau.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Profiterole
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Good location,near town area and famous places, nice place to relax.
Quality of the hotel amenites as L'ocittance, i love it so much...
hotel staff also very helpful and provide very good information for us.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have a very pleasant stay at this hotel. What amazes me was the excellent service rendered and the friendly staff that greeted us everyday. The room is also neat and spacious. I would definitely recommend me hotel to my friends and loved ones.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple