3,996 results
All reviewsmichael jacksonmistral restaurantprestige suiteclub flooraccor memberferry terminalriver viewsenado squareluxury rooml'occitane toiletrieswalking distanceolder partfree shuttlest paulevening cocktailsmainland chinaan upgrade
Reviewed March 31, 2011

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Stayed 2N in the executive floor room(Non Smoking room).excellent warm service and great executive lounge to relax & enjoy the city view. very convenient location,however we were put off by the smell of tobacco at the lobby & elevators. remember to request for room on Non-Smoking floor.

1  Thank BerlG1
An Accor traveler
quezon city
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Reviewed March 27, 2011

My stay with the Sofitel was a wonderful experience. It was a splendid stay . I am completely satisfied with the service provided by the staff,the hygenity, and the hospitality.
The ambience of the hotel was astonishing and the other attributes were also remarkable. My stay in the hotel really added value to my trip. I feel that the tariff charged was reasonable and the stay was good value for my money.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I reviewed this hotel shortly after it opened a couple of years ago and recently had the opportunity to stay there again. All I can say is that this is about as close to a perfect hotel experience that I have had anywhere on five continents. Service is attentive, personalized, friendly and professional, at the front desk, the concierge desk, at the club floor reception, in the gym and from housekeeping. Requests were handled promptly, from changes of bedding to locating a street name. Advice was given freely, whether we were looking for a bowl of noodles at midnight or making travel arrangements. Check in and out were exemplary, with every detail (arrival times of other members of our party, bags silently whisked away, personal preferences noted) taken care of swiftly and efficiently.

Our three club floor rooms were a decent size with great bathrooms, nice natural and in-room light, firm comfy beds (with optional feather padding over the mattresses - when it turned out that one of our party was allergic, the bed was remade in a flash). The rooms were also pretty much sound proof.

The club floor lounge is very comfortable, and the apéritif hour snacks included treats like oysters on the half shell, macaroons, and pasta cooked to order. The teas served in the lounge were excellent. You can also have breakfast in the quiet of the lounge, but we preferred the vast selection of the breakfast buffet downstairs in the Mistral, covering western, Chinese, Japanese and Indian cuisine. The pancake making machine is a cute gadget, but the fresh noodles, congee or fried turnip cakes were excellent quality. Smoothies, fresh juices, a nice selection of breads and pastries got every day off to a good start.

I am trying to think if I have any constructive criticism to offer, but I have to say I am hard pressed to find room for improvement. In the age of the iPad, iPhone and other hand-held devices, it was surprising to see that the only internet connections in-room were wired, with wifi only in the lounge. We were quite happy to look for our massages elsewhere, but the absence of a spa in-house could be considered a drawback for some. (The literature in the room says that one is in the planning.) Sofitel is clearly playing up its French origins and lays on the Gallic charm by having staff greet you with a "Bonjour!". While it's a nice touch, it threw me, a French-speaker, because I then kept expecting staff to be able to speak French, which they don't. And finally, I didn't spend much time in the casino, but two-years ago I found the space cosy and intimate. Now, with it's increased popularity, it is just crowded and smoky. I'm not a big gambler so I didn't check out the high-stakes floor, but perhaps the setting would have been more peaceful. The pool is pretty but not heated in chilly March. One of our party would have liked to go for a dip but didn't because of that. But as I said, these points are minor and didn't in any way mar our stay.

There may be a mega Venetian and an admittedly gorgeous MGM in town, and probably lots of other nice places besides, but next time I'm headed to Macau, I know I am not going to look any further than the Ponte 16.

Note to self: remember to ask for the "ordinary" Occitane toiletries rather than the Eau d'orange verte stuff that comes automatically with a club room. That's just my personal preference, though. Who could fault the hotel for putting out Hermès for your bath and shower?