“WOW HOTEL CUM CASINO” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“WOW HOTEL CUM CASINO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Services in all sectors were exemplary and worth emulating
There was long ques for check in but considering our advance age Hotel offered Key Express option as a result we could check in instantly.Without our request, we were allowed extended check out upto 2 PM
ALL services were almost instant and exceeding our expectations. Movies in TV were on chargeable basis but we found that they were shown as complimentary in our bill.Staffs were very courteous and professional. Busses to and from Ferry were luxurious and no waiting involved. Eating at GOLDEN PEACOCK Restaurant in Venetian will be lifetime experience for Vegetarians.
Location is perfect. All rooms are suits of approx.800 Sqft.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear OPSARAFF,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel.
We constantly endeavor to exceed our guest expectations of service, and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that our team members were helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating during your stay with us.
I have noted your positive words about your “lifetime experience” at our Indian traditional restaurant Golden Peacock, especially our vegetarian culinary offer. Your lovely comments provide great motivation for the team.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel, in the not too distant future and once again lived up to your expectations & beyond.

With very Best Regard,

Vanessa Tanzilli – Customer Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place is not cheap but I feel it's worth the money if you are going to Macau for a family trip, or for a weekend blast with friends etc. The rooms are HUGE, there are loads of restaurants (incl. Golden Peacock that I reviewed quite favourably and a very large and cheap food court). Just in terms of room, we reserved via the hotel and we got free wifi and free breakfast OR lunch (first time I saw that option in a hotel). The lift to the rooms opens right down near the Grand Canal Shoppes/Food Court. I would say the rooms may be a bit too big if it's just two of you traveling.
Another reviewer mentioned that the place is flooded with Chinese mainlanders. I would like to mention that is the case with all of Macau, and it's the bigshot gamblers from Mainland China who make Macau what it is (i.e 6x the size of Vegas in terms of gambling revenues) and this will be the case everywhere in Macau.
Final thing I would mention. Right AFTER we checked out of the Venetian, one of my family members had a medical emergency and had to be taken to a hospital. Even though rest of my family checked into another hotel near the hospital, the Venetian had someone call us, ask us if we needed help, who then over the next few days sent someone who helped us with the translation in Chinese, and also brought us some some food etc. And finally, on our last day in Macau, they sent us a car to go to the Ferry terminal. I don't know why they go out of their way so much to help us, but I am certainly grateful and wish all the hotels in the world cared about customers so much!

Room Tip: I think if you book it directly with the hotel, you get free internet, a few free drink vouchers, an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Mei A
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Mei A,

Thank you for all the lovely things said in your review following your recent stay at The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel.
I am overwhelmed to read that you felt our staffs were helpful from start to finish. We are committed to delivering the highest level of service, and I really am happy to know that our team members showed our Venetian promise, in making sure your stay was the best it could be, and lived up beyond your expectations. Our staff really cares being part of our guest’s experience, we strongly believe this makes all the difference and thank you for recognizing them.
We very much look forward to serving you as host, very soon the next time you and your family are visiting Macau.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were lucky that we had tour guides around macau for we only have a day to visit .

It was like a dream visiting this Hotel. The interiors were grand! Everything feels luxury. Love it!
We look forward to staying here on our next visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Momtravels2014,

Thank you for staying at The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel. We appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful “dream” experience with Trip Advisor.
I am overwhelmed you were impressed with our hotel, had an excellent all-around experience and that we managed to exceed your expectations.
Thank you for recommending us, and we enthusiastically look forward to serving you and your family as host again, in the not too distant future and hopefully you can stay longer.

Sapporo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have been staying in the Venetian Macao hotel the sixth times. This visit was attracted by their Promotion Package. The Package included free Breakfast or Lunch and return Ferry ticket to HK. It comes with 2 persons. So make the room price falls below HK$1700 within Easter Holiday period. The room as usual was a suite with 750sq ft, with sitting area, in room free wifi, huge bathroom with shower cubical. Room was well maintained. Casino was full of people in the morning & afternoon. But comfortable in the evening for gambling. Receptionist & Concierge Desk Ms. Kiki was helpful. one of the good place to stay in Macao

Room Tip: Their rooms were min. 750 sq ft. Only need to choose Double & Twin, Smoking or non-smoking.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ga3990,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest, and for providing great feedback following your recent stay at The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel.
We are delighted to read that our Front Office and Concierge teams, who are genuine and caring, helped to ensure your stay in Macau was seamless and happy that we catered for every need.
You really put down all our good qualities in your review: cost effective, luxurious and spacious suite, great service and friendly staff. What else can we say? Thank you.
Please do check our website as we regularly update it with our events and package for 2014.
Thank you for your continued support of The Venetian and please do come to visit us again soon, as it is always our great pleasure to welcoming you back time after time.

With very Best Regard,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

the venetian macao resort hotel is absolutely gorgeous. the overall appearance of the lobby, the rooms and the overall service was superb. the rooms were superb with good lighting and fabulous toiletries. the hotel has a huge selection of name brand shops and restaurants. it also boasts a huge casino in the basement. I loved it and would go back again.

Overall a very impressive hotel. I would recommend to everyone wanting to go and stay there.

Room Tip: all rooms are good. that is all they offer.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear drathod98,

We appreciate you leaving such a sterling review after your recent stay at The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel.
I was thrilled to read you fully enjoyed your visit and you will be recommending us to others.
We are pleased you were impressed with our hotel, enjoyed your extremely spacious suite and the hospitality provided by our team. Thank you about your fantastic comments about our “superb” service, it is very rewarding to learn that our team members were helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating during your time with us.
Thank you again for recommending us and we look forward to your return to us here at The Venetian, in the not too distant future.

Seminyak, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

What I love about this place is it's concept. I just had my meals here and walked around the area. Walking around the place feels like walking under the sky. The public restrooms were a bit dirty though.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear 000Keny_Lau000,

Thank you for staying at The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel, Asia’s most exciting entertainment destination, and nowhere else in Asia you will find such a rare combination of facilities, attractions and amenities.
I am glad you were able to take advantage of our properties features and thank you for highlighting our breathtaking sky ceiling, inside our Grand Canal Shoppes.
Your remark has been passed on to our Executive Housekeeper, who will reinforce the cleanliness of our public restrooms and follow up with its team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Macau.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm not sure if I visited during the holiday season for them but when I arrived at the hotel, I could've sworn the whole place was filled with Chinese tourists. Yes, the hotel itself was amazing but with the crowd, I just wasn't able to appreciate it all.

The queue for check-in was horrendous, we had to wait more than an hour to get our room. I'm not sure what the hold up was but all they did was offer everyone in line a bottle of water to appease us.

When we finally got into our room, I have to say it was extravagant. The most basic room was the size of a suite and the furnishing was just gorgeous. Even the decoration in the toilet was amazing. The design of the room was just as splendid as the rest of the hotel.

The Venetian itself is a tourist attraction. Lots of shopping and picture taking can be done here. Gondola rides are available as a form of entertainment and even if you were the kind to get seasick, you could just stand by the river and watch as the gondolier sings for the passengers. Also, the famous Lord Stow's Bakery is located in the Venetian so go have a try at the mouth watering egg tarts!

I'm guessing the casino would be the main attraction for people who gamble but the only time I went in was when I was passing by on my way to main entrance. If you want, you can always catch different shuttle buses to the rest of the casinos nearby as well. These buses are available for all visitors at the Venetian.

Overall, a pleasant stay. Even if you're not a fan of Casinos, the Venetian is definitely still worth a visit/stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear caden_liew,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent stay at The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel.
Whilst it is overwhelming to learn that your were impressed with our hotel, found the spacious suite to be comfortable, well-appointed and of the décor to be of a high standard, I am sorry for your check-in experience and I will certainly share your remarks and observation with our Front Office Manager, for possible improvements.
I am thrilled to read that you were able to take advantages of our facilities. Thank you for complementing our Gondola ride aboard our beautifully crafted Venetian Gondolas through our Grand Canal Shop, featuring the most diverse range of luxury brands, all under one roof.
Your recommendation is our biggest compliment and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel, very soon.