“Extremely comfortable room”

Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Melbourne, Australia
“Extremely comfortable room”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Standard Bella room excellent size and furnishings.
Very clean and comfortable.
Stayed in several hotels on this trip with friends these rooms were the best of the whole trip.
The buffet breakfast was below average, the food was cold and quality of western ingredients passable only just.
The biggest negative was the smoking of other patrons it could be smelt throughout the whole complex, the non smoking sections on the casino was pointless as there was no protection or additional extraction fans to filter the smoke away and there were no non smoking bars that we could find.
The hotel and casino staff were unable to give directions to specific locations.
Excellent price for the rooms.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear nomes1881,

Thank you for posting a review and sharing your photos following your recent stay at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and find our Euro-style suite to be both comfortable and clean. It is also very rewarding to read that our spacious room are the highlight of your trip in Asia.
I am sorry to hear your breakfast experience did not live up to your expectations. Your comments were addressed specifically to our Restaurant Manager for improvements.
Sorry about the smoking inconvenience, that is something we are working on and I will be sure to pass your comments on.
We are looking forward to serving you and your friends as host again, the next time you are in Macau.

Vanessa Tanzilli – Customer Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,037)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was expecting a lot since I had been to the Venetian in Vegas. However, the Venetian in Macau is too crowded. From the airport, there's a bus waiting for the guests and it's free but nobody's there to help you with your luggage. Upon arrival, check-in was fast and it was quite confusing going to the room because the hotel is huge. Venetian has a lot of luxury shops and restaurants which is a good thing. The hotel also has free shuttles going to other hotels and casinos, it's really convenient.

For the room, it was huge and spacious, I requested a non-smoking room but we can still smell smoke from our room.

Room Tip: book suite rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank time_traveller123_11
Dear time_traveller123…,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest and for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel.
We are pleased to read that you were impressed with our hotel and the comfort and elegance of our spacious suite. Thank you for your positive comments about our Grand Canal Shoppes, your smooth and fast check-in and for pointing out the convenience of our free shuttle service.
In reference to your arrival at the airport, we are sorry to read that our customer service was not what it should have been. We will certainly address your comments to related department and work toward our goal of improving our guests’ experience.
We are sorry that you did not bring your suite's smoking smell concern to our attention during your stay, so that we could address the issue immediately.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here a fortnight ago for our third anniversary, as well as to attend a concert. So what follows is a 24 hour (one night) experience. Keep in mind that this is a review of the hotel facilities as a whole, and not just the accomodation aspect. Strap yourselves in...

The hotel is located in the Cotai Strip, in the Taipa area of Macau (South). As we didn't venture outside of the complex, I can't comment as to transport links or nearby attractions.

Words simply do not do justice to the sheer scale of this place. We entered on one lobby (yes, there are more lobbies), and we were greeted by an absolute hoarde of travellers. We arrived via the lobby that's closest to the bus/taxi transport (facing the Galaxy). Things were quite chaotic, but we were able to get our luggage checked in, and made the trek to a check in counter. Having arrived early, we were told that we could not be checked in for at least 2 hours, which was a pain. I understand that due to the sheer size of the hotel (and related facilities), it makes sense for the hotel to keep strictly to its check-in/check-out times for the sake of efficiency, but this is somewhat lacking in terms of service, especially at the 5 star level.

We spent the next couple of hours walking around the Grand Canal Shoppes, and getting utterly, hopelessly lost. We didn't pick up a map when we walked in, and we pretty much lost our bearings straight away. The facility is essentially set up like a "+" with a larger outer circle to see the outer areas and shops at each square, as well as mini 'streets' which interconnect to a central area. Poorly explained? Yeah probably, but you'll get the idea once you see it for yourself. Despite the multitude of high end shopping (a large number of brands I have never even seen in Australia or even in other parts of Asia), I found the price of items (clothing and footwear) to be surprisingly reasonable, and in many cases, better than the same stores in Hong Kong. The canal itself was a delight, and I really felt like I was in Venice, with the gondolas and gondoliers creating a merry atmosphere. The artificial sky was lovely, but somewhat disconcerting, as in conjunction with the other type of lighting used in the complex, you can't tell if it's day or night outside without going to a window. I know many casinos use this as a disorienting technique to keep you pacified and spending money, since you're unaware of time.

The food court was disappointingly small, and choices were quite limited to very traditional asian dishes, as well as a few chain options (fatburger, McD's etc). That being said, there are a number of restaurants/lounges/bars peppered throughout the complex, but we were unable to try out any in our limited timeframe.

As time passed, we were able to check-in and we made our way back to the lobby. Keep in mind that we were walking the entire time, and we never doubled back. We never left the Venetian complex, so now you can begine to imagine just how big the place is. Check-in was quick and efficient, and even friendly, which was surprising, as I was under the impression that casino hotels only operate to keep gamblers from staying somewhere else, therefore service is not their specialty. The check-in operator remembered it was our anniversary and arranged for a cupcake to be sent to our room at a time of our choosing. He wished us a happy anniversary, and I was thoroughly impressed. He went through some hotel information, and informed us that wifi was 160MOP, which in this day and age (in Asia of all places), is simply not on. We didn't end up using the service.

As I mentioned, we also came to attend a concert, and the CotaiTicketing counter were very pleasant to deal with, although the counter person failed to inform us that people were lining up for the show upstairs in a holding area, and that the doors printed on our tickets would not be used for getting guests into the arena.

Since we stayed in a large number of hotels during our Hong Kong and Macau trip, I don't entirely remember what floor or what room we stayed at in the Venetian. Our view was South, so we were facing the facility's plant and equipment rooftop (as well as the Galaxy), which would be pretty ugly for most guests, but I am fascinated by things like this. My wife was not impressed, however. We stayed in the most basic suite, which was still magnificently large. I'm still in shock that all the properties in the hotel are suites, and if what we stayed in was the most basic one, then the others must be jaw-dropping. The rooms are tastefully decorated in an Italian rennaisance fashion, and are HUGE. The rooms were very tidy, but I feel that in places the room was a bit dusty. This isn't a blight on housekeeping however, as the dust was in places that simply can't be cleaned during a routine and busy housekeeping visit.

The bathroom was similarly large and very tasteful. The amenities were fabulous. The bed was large and incredibly comfortable. Despite the large number of people who were processing bags, the processing area were quick to deliver the bags to our room, which simply amazes me, given the scale of the hotel. Despite the cold weather, the heater did a good job at keeping us warm. The room was so large that we didn't even end up using the sunken lounge component of the room!

We then departed for our concert. The CotaiArena is located in the Venetian, which makes attending shows and having a place to stay an absolute breeze. The arena itself is world class, and a very fine venue for concerts and whatever other entertainment is undertaken there. After the concert, we wandered around a bit more, only to discover the pool and the gym were closed (note: it was well past 11:30pm at this time).

The accomodation entrances are in various parts of the facility, cordoned off from the other areas, and patrolled by security guards who check room keys to allow you to access the lifts. Unlike other hotel casinos, I felt that the casino here really pervades every activity when you're out and about in the complex. We attempted to walk the floor, but as we did not have our passports on us, we were denied access (the guard was simply doing his job, and we are okay with that). If you're a non-gambler like us, you'll still find plenty to do in the hotel, but you will be reminded at every turn (and using your nose) that you're staying in a casino. I understand that casinos in Macau (and other places in Asia) allow smoking on the gaming floor to placate mainlanders and high rollers, as they make up the bulk of revenue from gambling activities. That's fair enough, but when cigarette smoke wafts into the non-gaming areas, I think it's a little sad. One time we were venturing out in the Canal area without a map, and we just followed our noses to get back to the main atrium (which is next to the casino area). I must stress that there was no cigarette smell in our room, but I found it comically ironic that there was an ashtray in the room with a message reminding people not to smoke.

Our cupcake arrived at midnight, precisely when we expected it, and it contained cutlery and a wonderful hand written card wishing us a happy anniversary. Despite the size of the hotel, this was a lovely touch.

In the morning, check-out was simple, if not a little quick (we weren't asked how our stay was). Our stay was enjoyable, but I am still in two minds about it. There's still so much more I wanted to see, in terms of the pool and gym, and the golf facility. And I'm sure that there's parts of the complex I didn't see (in fact, as we left, we noticed that we didn't even walk past the main lobby entrance at the front). I guess I just needed more time to wrap my head around the scale of the hotel and what else was on offer.

However, I can't shake the feeling that despite the good service, the simple scale of the hotel makes you feel that you're just another face in the crowd, or a cog in the machine. The service is good, but it doesn't feel personalised. That doesn't make it any less enjoyable, but there is a sense of alienation there. If you're into Vegas type grandeur, I think you will not care, but I'm still left with this odd feeling.

In summary, I would recommend the hotel to fellow travellers, and if we're ever in Macau again, I think we would be staying here. It's not a boutique experience, but it's a good experience nonetheless.

Room Tip: Try to get a front facing room (North orientation) for better views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear aandsaustralia,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review on the site following your recent 24 hours stay at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, as this is the best way for us to know which are our areas of opportunity and work toward improvement.
We are honored to have been chosen as your host to celebrate your very special 3rd anniversary.
I was pleased to read that you were impressed with the size of our integrated resort, one of Asia’s most exciting entertainment destinations where you find such a rare combination of facilities, fabulous amenities, extremely spacious suite taking luxury to a new level, endless attractions, Grand Canal Shoppes, gourmet culinary paradise, ride on an authentic Venetian Gondola, all under one roof.
In regards to transportation, please kindly note we offer free shuttle bus service and also our guest can enjoy complimentary internet connection, when booking on line through our website.
We strive to deliver personalized experience to all our guests and I am sorry you felt for any instances our customer service was not up to your expectations. I will certainly share your comments, so that we may learn from your experience and enhance our 5 star service level.
Thank you for recommending us and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night in Macao because we wanted to see the watershow. I have been working in Hong Kong for 6 month and my colleagues recommended the show. They were right it was an amazing performance with outstanding artists. The Venetian is a huge hotel close to the famous shows with a lovely shopping mall and an indoor copy of the canals in Venetia. The outside pool area is a bit hard to find. Once you are there you will enjoy it. Breakfast is and there is something to choose from for everyone. Look out for special offers and ask for room upgrade. We got both and were suprised by the good Price value.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Anschwae,

Thank you for your lovely review, and we are very happy to know that you choose The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel in the city for this 1 day getaway.
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the entire experience with us, as nowhere else in Asia you find such a rare combination of facilities, attractions and amenities.
I will be sure to share your note regarding the pool’s location for possible signage improvement.
Please do check our website as we regularly update it with all our events for 2014.
It was a pleasure having you as guest and we look forward to your next visit in the near future, and hopefully you can stay longer.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A very lovely hotel with everything you can do. You can go shopping, go to the casino. watch a play or have a lovely dinner. Everything you need is inside. The rooms are very clean and lovely. Great view and world class service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Grace S,

You really put down all our good qualities in your sterling review following your recent stay at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel: Grand hotel, luxury and spacious Euro-style suite with stunning Cotai view, world-class Grand Canal shopping, irresistible all around dining experience, sensational entertainment, world class service, friendly team members - all under one roof, what else can we say? Thank you.
We enthusiastically look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, in the hopefully near future, where I am sure we will meet your expectations once again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Oh my god it was amazing!!!!!! There was a small glitch with our booking and they quickly rectified it we had no problem with the free up grade to the most amazing and expensive room we've ever had one can only imagine what the top priced room are like. Massive bathroom double sinks,sep shower, bath and toilet all sparkling clean marble finish. Two queen sized beds with a wardrobe which also holds a massive tv should you wish to watch in bed. Plus a sunken living area complete with three sweater couch, arm chairs, full size desk and a dining table with three arm chairs, and a entertainment cabinet with yet another big tv. We were in heaven and the view was of the cotai strip which was beautiful at night all lit up. As it was my brothers birthday on checkin they sent up a free cake complete with white linen and cutlery and they even set the table thanks Venetian!!!!!
The shops were all there as were the casinos and the pools were also heated and they had a small golf course of which we played twice you really didn't need to leave the hotel. The only thing we had a problem was no free wifi but we solved that by going over the road to the city of dreams complex where the wifi was free to everyone. Thanks Venetian for a memorable holiday and a great birthday for my brother!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Keep an eye out for specials as the best rooms cost more but they are worth it. Try get a room facin...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Emma N,

Thank you for providing great feedback of your experience at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, and we sincerely appreciate to be your host to celebrate your brother’s anniversary.
We strive to ensure our guests are satisfied to the fullest and we are flattered you described your stay as “a memorable holiday”, as this is what we aspire to achieve.
We are pleased to hear that our caring team members were able to offer you quick and efficient service upon check in, and thank you for pointing out our care and dedication.
I am glad you find your Euro-style spacious suite to be elegant, comfortable and well-appointed and of the décor to be of a high standard. We also understand room view could play an important role of a perfect trip, and I am thrilled to read you were delighted with our stunning Cotai view.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Property is having a world within. May be based on Venice architecture, but the guests and shops across the world is attractive. You will be going around the markets within unknowingly till you retire. Good news for Indians, Good eateries from India is available. Play in Casino till you feel like borrowing money from ATM. Arrangements for the guests are systematic free outings pickups / drop from Airport.

Room Tip: Book your room ROYALE COTAI VIEW SUITES You can have a very good view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear NVRAO,

Thank you for staying at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel. We appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful “Dream World” experience with our Trip Advisor community.
It is always so rewarding to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and your compliments on our Indian restaurants, such as “Golden Peacock” serving authentic and traditional cuisine of India, is very much appreciated.
We understand room view could play an important role of a perfect trip and thank you for recommending our Cotai view suite for guaranteed stunning Cotai view.
I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our free shuttle bus service.
We are definitely looking forward to having you back again the next time you are in Macau.