“Huge hotel..not recommended for someone looking for a quiet place to stay..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel

The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel
Ranked #14 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Darjeeling, India
“Huge hotel..not recommended for someone looking for a quiet place to stay..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

On our first visit to Macau everyone of my friends who had been there earlier recommended to stay at the Venetian. So thats what I did. I transferred by ferry and the hotel bus is always available outside which takes you straight to The Venetian at no extra cost and no prior booking is required for it too. At the reception there were around 7 receptionists helping guests check in such was the rush. We traveled close to the Chinese New Year. Had to wait for around 10 minutes to check in which was quite disappointing. Wanted to get some currency converted so asked the reception lady and she happily told me that I may get a better rate at the bank that was situated inside the hotel than with her. I was very pleased with that and did so. Most of the hotels will never recommend such a thing.
Well one really needs a map to be able to make sure that you've been to every part of the hotel, it is actually that big. We stayed for 2 nights and am certain I've missed a lot. Part of that blame also goes to the casino.:D The room to my surprise was large..We stayed at the CotaiSuite and it was delightful. I expected designer toiletries given the status of the hotel but they were of a "Plaza" brand. I do not know if its a luxury Chinese brand or a local. Nevertheless the room was spacious. It was divided in 2 parts. Upper part had a King bed with TV in front and the lower part was the seating area with sofa-bed which was nice and another TV in front of it. It was very clean and the thing I liked the most was that for such a huge hotel the room service and cleanups were very prompt.
The hotel offers numerous restaurants. We tried a few but being Vegetarians we could not find a lot of items on the menu of these restros. Ate my lunches at the hotel food court while shopping which was good.
On my next visit I think I'll skip this hotel and try what the other hotels have to offer in Macau.
But for first time visitors I'll say this...Definitely stay here..Theres no other place you'd rather be..whether you have shopping, dining, gambling or watching shows on your mind.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear sauravdis,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Venetian and I am pleased you found the hotel great & enjoyed the variety of the entertainment & facilities our Resort has to offer.
I will be sure to share your feedback regarding your check in experience with the department head so that they may utilize it to improve their areas & appreciate that the reminder of your stay left you with a pleasantly memorable experience. We value your input and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your family visits the city so we may show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve from our brand.

Dave Chan ~ Manager of Customer Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had gone here for a company meet. Felt like I was in a palace of sorts! The plush interiors- with all their majestic glory- the luxurious carpets, the tapestry, the exquisite chandeliers...the passageways to the rooms lit up with little lamps along the way, the dining areas, the pool area...everything!
The shopping complex was an experience in itself! The best of International brands were present here...for those who just wanted to window shop, the gondolas and various photo points kept them well engaged.
There are also lot of dedicated areas for conferences, meeting as well as hosting events.
There's a lot to explore in the casino too!
We didn't get time to explore Macau city because The Venetian kept us happily engaged for 3 whole days!
Overall, an experience of a lifetime! Go here with family or friends...for business or leisure...for shopping or entertainment, chances are you'll not be disappointed! :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear disharan,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay. Your thoughts are important to us, but we are especially pleased when the feedback is positive. I am delighted that you enjoyed the variety of the entertainment & facilities our Resort has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Metro Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pros:
Very big hotel
Check in was fast
Good location
Mall is just below the hotel
Large rooms
Cleaning staff were friendly
Shopping&Dining options
Casino

Cons:
Very crowded on the mall area
Some travel desk can't understand english
No free wifi

Overall it was a good hotel, they even didn't charge us for consuming the beverages and chips on the room, or maybe they forgot. Our room overlooks the Galaxy Hotel. Checking out took us roughly 15mins. Too bad we didn't experience going to the casino though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear VinceMendres,

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit & hope we may look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Unfortunately being a popular destination can also make us a busy one. I will pass your comments on the language barrier and free Wi-Fi with the related Department Heads. It is great to read that you enjoyed a variety of the entertainment & facilities our resort has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was there for a trade conference… Not the best experience. Overall the hotel as one would expect is focused on people who want to gamble or shop not for people coming there for business and yet they have huge conference facilities... a little confusing. I have been to The Venetian Las Vegas Casino, Hotel & Resort on holidays and have absolutely had a blast but I don’t think even if I came to The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel for a holiday I would have enjoyed. There were quite a few things wrong with the hotel, first and foremost is the language barrier I faced. If you are portraying yourself as an international vacation/business destination the lease you can do is train your staff appropriately, using sign language is not what I had in mind. Dining options were limited around the casino floor. The restaurants did not have good food though the room service food was excellent. I should have ordered room service every day instead of trying the various restaurants on the casino floor. Though I am told on the canal level there was much more variety but then again if I am there for a meeting I can’t keep running around on different floors. The travel desk was horrible, they had no idea what was going on. Overall I will not recommend anyone to waste their time here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Rajinder G,

Thank you for sharing your comments and staying with us while attending business conference. I would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We review every comment we receive and use the information to better enhance our knowledge about the guest experience. I can assure you your comments have been shared with the departments concerned for addressing & we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our first visit to Macao so we chose to stay at the Venetian. We arrived there by taking a jet boat from HK. It took a short trip from HK to Macao; quite convenient. The custom services did not keep us long. There was also a hotel bus to picking up and dropping off the hotel's guests. When making an entering to the hotel, the lobby was amazing and it was one of the landmarks for photo shooting. While waiting for the checking-in service, we were studying the directory of the hotel via a big touch screen machine assisting us to explore all the wings, shops and services offering at the Venetians. We were staying in the Bella suite which was grand and huge, it comes with spacious bathroom, two glamorous queen beds, a small living area and the outdoor space where we could get fresh air. After unpacking, we were making surveyor through the shopping streets where u could find hundreds of shops awaiting to please all kind of shoppers. There was also a food court to convene the gamblers for their mini break of the casinos. During our stay, we were enjoying good meals from the Japanese restaurant and of course, the Morton's - the well known steakhouse from Chicago. We also did take a private gondola's ride and we were pleased with our female rider who was politely entertaining us, not being too talkative or being too indifferent. It was a quite enjoyable stay at this venue even we did not entering the casino at all. I bet that if you go with a big group, this hotel could serve all your preferred styles whether you come for casino, shopping or relaxing. I noticed that the hotel also offers the kid's club too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank puffy1212
Dear Puffy6601,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Like Vegas, very large Hotels with lots of walking and getting lost. Like Vegas good to say you've done it. The suites are very very nice it has to be said. The concierge staff are very good very helpful but you still feel anonymous. Lots of Chinese Korean and Japanese visitors of course and the lack of queuing and lift entry / exit etiquette takes some getting used to. As I always saw, queing is something we do very well, it became very popular here during the war apparently. In the end you just have to push and barge as they do or you never get anywhere. Vibe La Difference they say. The breakfast is an unpleasant experience, watch how the kitchen staff use their tea towels, sneezing into them, wiping their hands and noses, puts you off. Easy to get lost in the shopping complex, the Chinese bakery is quite nice and the Italian restaurant, Portofino, I think it was called, was very good. Handy complimentary shuttle buses to the airports, town and docks. Take lots of money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear UKVictor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced regarding your breakfast experience. We review every comment we receive and use the information to better enhance our knowledge about the guest experience and what they may see. I can assure you your comments have been shared with the departments concerned for addressing & we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is 9/10. Food, casino, shopping, everything is very very good. It's a little bit easy to get lost for a few minutes but that's common in mega resorts.
The Venetian in Vegas is MUCH nicer. If you compare this hotel to the one in Vegas there's no comparison. Vegas Venetian is absolutely better. The hallways and rooms in Vegas are beautiful where as the hallways in the Macau location look like they were done on a budget. Also the tv in te Macau location is an old tube style. Very strange. But as far as Macau hotels go, Venetian is very good. I would however recommend the hard rock hotel more. Nicer casino, higher quality rooms and hallways and elevators. A more 5 star feel. And awesome awesome swimming pool at hard rock.
Venetian has giant rooms. Around 700 sq feet. Location is great. Has shopping, huge food court, everything you'd expect is a 5 star resort. The gambling is fun and the property is unique. No complaints.

Room Tip: You can get a massive suite for only 25% more money. Go for it. It's huge and something you'...