“gorgeous but a little lacking”

The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed a day by hotel promotion. I have a lot of expectations in the first.
But we requested a non-smoking room when booking, but the cigarette smell in the room, then moved to the room. But it was same.
Noticed the floor is non-smoking, but a lot of the smell of cigarettes. The pool facilities were good. We played in the pool all afternoon. Gondola price was too expensive. The mini golf course was a lot of fun too. Go to one place only once.
Venetian Macao hotel is well worth a visit. but only once!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear HyunjungSeok,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write your review. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding smoking smell concerns with the relevant departments so that they may utilize it to improve their areas. Laws were introduced at the beginning of the year that do not permit smoking in Shopping Malls & Restaurants and next year that will expand to cover a significant area of the Casino – hopefully making for a more pleasant experience for non-smokers. It is very pleasing to see that you enjoyed the variety of the entertainment & facilities our Resort has to offer. Meanwhile thank you for taking the time to give feedback & we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

What a hotel. You have to be there to experience. Some times you can get lost in it. The decor may be overdone for some but I liked it. A grand 5 star. The artificial Venice city created is mind boggling, just look at the sky, it is hard to believe that the sky is not real. The rooms are big and fantastic. Also the huge casino is a experience you must not miss even if you are not a great gambler.
It is not cheap and not expected to be so. However not too much expensive either. One of Macao's best hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear SUBIRGHOSH,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Venetian and I am glad you found the hotel great & consider us a grand 5 star and the main attraction in Macau. I am pleased to read that you found your suite huge & awesome and thrilled how the Resort amazed you with it’s sheer size & beauty. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

13 weeks in a palatial, 9th floor Venetian Hotel room was an experience of sublime comfort and excellence. The room I had was facing in the direction of Macao's airport and with the 3rd floor golf greens directly below. Enormous windows, enormous and supremely comfortable bed, lovely furniture, a bathroom nearly as large as the room I normally live in, in Australia..... The superlatives go on and on. Due to a work contract at The Venetian itself, my accommodation was part of the package, and as such I was not privy to the room cost and forgot to enquire, but suffice to say it would not be cheap, I believe something in the region of US $395 per night, maybe more. Very simply, though, one of the finest of hundreds of hotel rooms, I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear JackBoise,

Thank you for taking the time to write how the Resort amazed you with it’s sheer size & beauty. I am pleased to read that you found your suite so comfortable & spacious. It is very pleasing to see that you enjoyed the variety of the entertainment & facilities our Resort has to offer. I am delighted such an experienced traveler considers us one of the finest hotels they have stayed in. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

we booked the Royal suite (king bed) for two nights in September. The room is spacious and there is a sofa bed which staff has kindly opened and turned into a bed for us. check in/out is quick and service is good. Its a huge hotel, it took us an hour looking for the swimming pool which is in a different wing and requires several elevator rides and long corridor walks, but well worth the visit, the pools are fantastic and warm. the spa is quite small and could get crowded. food court so-so but the blue sky ceilings impressive. Gondola ride worth doing. one fantastic thing about Macau are the shuttle buses which takes you to the airport or another hotel or to the ferry. free transport! had a look at other hotel lobbies (Crown, Hard Rock Cafe, Galaxy) and I can say Im happy I chose the Venetian. Would I go there again? Yes!

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear katipaa,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members who truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests. We all look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My 4th time in Macao and my third time to stay in Venetian. I could spend all day in the hotel, you'll find most of the things you need. From the reception desk all the way from the staff (room service,Gym instructor, Pool attendant ) they were all very polite.

Room Tip: Rialto suite room ...fit for a quenn
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear heartBulacan,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay. We appreciate the repeat patronage & I am delighted that we were able to amaze a return guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Having a Morton's Made my night. Needed a slab of prime rib and lyonnaise potatoes. Will be back. Very helpful on getting to Hong Kong. Casino just doesn't seem to have the excitement of Las Vegas though.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Rick B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. I have shared your comments with the departments concerned for addressing & we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I loved the in house dining and excellent service by the waiter. The rooms were gorgeous and really value for money if you are looking for comfort. One down side is the morning check out which can be quite slow as counter might only have 1 serving officer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kurei87,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am pleased you loved the In Room Dining, finding the staff excellent & the rooms gorgeous. We are very proud of the dedication of our team members who deliver the Venetian experience and delighted that it left a great impression on you. I am delighted you found the hotel great value in addition to liking the concept of our resort. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding the morning check out with the Director of Front Office that they may utilize it to improve their services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.