“Only one night stay- wish it was longer”

The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night only during my honeymoon to asia. This really is a five star hotel. All the rooms are so big and i will never forget the size of the bathroom. It was extremely clean and every facility you can think of. We got the most fantasic arrival gift from the Guest Relation Team for our honeymoon. This hotel really is a league of its own. You should never need to leave the hotel- it has everything. It is so big and so easy to get lost. It did take us about an hour to find the swimming pool. We arent big gamblers- but there is so much more to this hotel then just the casino.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (7,324)

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We spent one night here, but had spent a few days wandering around prior to our stay. The room was amazing, service impeccable even though the hotel catered for a huge amount of guests. We had breakfast in the room and the attention to detail with how they set up the table, complete with tablecloth and a vase of flowers was appreciated. Although we had a no smoking room, I suspect it had been a smoking room in the past, or the whole place just permeates the perpetual smell of smoke from the casino. Not good for my asthmatic husband. This could change however, as smoking indoors in public is supposed to be banned as of the 1st of January. This doesn't seem to be enforced yet, especially if you're a high roller on the casino floor.
Anyway, my top tips; use the free shuttles to the Ferry terminal, airport or borders, but if you want to head to the main street near the Grand Lisboa, Wynn or MGM, head on over to the City of Dreams and catch their shuttle to the Hotel Sintra (which is just opposite the Grand Lisboa). You could catch the Venetian shuttle to the ferry, then a shuttle to any of the other Casinos, but the city of dreams shuttle is more direct and cuts 20 minutes off the journey.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Groovygrovers
Reviewed February 7, 2012

As previous reviewers pointed out, Venetian is impressive. The rooms are all generously-sized suites, with large bathrooms. The entire complex is so humongous that it was possible to stay inside for the entire duration of your stay in Macau - more than sufficient dining, shopping & entertainment options. This is either a good thing or bad, depending in your inclinations.

Due to the size of the property, getting around the complex can get tiring. We stayed just one night, and the walking from room to lobby to the shops etc.. got to us on the second day. There's a lot of walking to do if you wanted to go anywhere, even within, and we did not spend our entire time inside! .

Our stay was the weekend before the Chinese New Year, which was somewhat a lull period as far as tourist volumes goes. Check-in was fast, staff were friendly, no maddening crowds in the Shoppes, hence overall impressions were very pleasant. We would elect to stay here again, hopefully at non-peak periods(if they still exist!)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Booked in for one night during chinese new year, if you are after somewhere overcrowded with bus loads of chinese tourists that blow 2nd hand cigerattes to your face - this is the place you are after. Plus they randomly charge your credit card without any consent.

Initially enquired room rate directly via their poorly designed website, after filling in all details they put extra charges on top, so did not proceed with them but book via another online hotel booking service provider, The hotel sales team sent another email stating all rates have to be PRE-PAID prior in order to gurantee a room. Since I booked with someone else, I ignored the email.

Upon check-in, I provided the front desk a confirmation issused by the online hotel booking service provider. Front desk lady asked me for my credit card so i presume it was like the rest of the world - as a safety / id confirmation process. She then gave me a piece of paper to signed which stated the kind of room i am about to stay at.

Dropped off our bags and went to conciege to ask for direction to go to town. The male staff answered in mandarin (when i asked in cantonese) "we dont have shuttles that goes to town, you need to go to Galaxy hotel to use their shuttles!" I don't see why I should stay at a hotel that use other hotel's services. Ended up waiting 45 mins in line at the Galaxy shuttles.

Next day upon check out, another male staff , to my suprise, ask me to pay for the room. I explained it has been pre-paid via another service provider. After almost 30 mins at the front desk they realised the sales dept. decided to double book me. Even under same name, same date and 2 different booking methods, they didnt raise the alarm. Issue got passed onto the sales department through the phone and the staff on the other side of the phone insist I have to pay for the room because we made a reservation. I stated I didnt provide any payment hence they wont be able to process with the reservation as they mentioned in email earlier. He just insist I was wrong and need to pay the room rate. After 15 mins further on the phone, he finally agrees to follow up the problem and refund the deposit. THEY CHARGED a $200 deposit on my credit card when checking in and I have no clue they did it! The piece of paper stating room type that i signed during check in was an agreement they charge my card.

He then asked me to pay the $200 hotel voucher that they issued for guest that booked via their hotel sales team. Suprise, suprise! That voucher was never given to me. So I wonder if the lady check me in did realise I was booked via another service provider so she check me in as hotel sales purposely and she pocketed the $200 voucher herself for lunch!

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here, make sure you check credit card statement afterwards.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cinSydney
Reviewed February 1, 2012

You don't need me to tell you again how grand this hotel is, it really stands up to its reputation! I am going to tell you the negative side, the hotel is always packed with people (tourist or hotel guest alike) and made the ambience lack of that luxurious feel, the hotel staff are not that courteous, and the thing that really annoyed me is the cigarette smell, it is built in such a way that you must walk through the casino when going up to your suite, those smoke nearly suffocate me as I have nose allergy!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This hotel was placed right in the middle of the coati area. Rooms provided a quality and restful environment. Although the rooms were very far apart from the main parts of the hotel where the majority of things were happening. But it Enjoy a couple days here just taking in the wild side of Macau.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I haven’t been to any other hotel in Macau but can confidently say that if its Macau, then it has to be Venetian.
Venetian is indeed Grand + Value for money + an engineering marvel. It’s a city in itself, you don’t need to go out anywhere. The rooms are much better than expected of a 5 star property. The bathrooms are massive. The show ZAIA performed within the hotel premises is nothing short of spectacular and should not be missed at any cost. The gondola ride is lovely.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family