“Roast Duck!”

Ranked #99 of 776 Restaurants in Macau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Roast duck is a must try! super nice! portions are not bad, quite big. environment is dark and cozy. waiters are friendly with average command of english. price is on the high side, but everything is higher in macau =)

2  Thank cursebreaker

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

You must try the Salad Buffet here, with various choices and fresh ingredients. Only this Salad Buffet will make your money paid for the lunch worth already. Not to mention they have yummy bread and good quality of main dish, from fish, steaks and Japanese food... It only costs around HKD 300! Go for it!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went there on 24/7, made a reservation a week ago as we heard they are busy during lunchtime. They have got 3 price range from MOP300, MOP390 to MOP490 +10% service charge, with different food options in each price level. Set lunch menus can be found on their website so you can have your decision made before you go.

My husband chose Onion Soup as a starter while I chose Salad Buffet. Onion soup is very rich and I think it is a bit strong and heavy for me. Choosing salad bar was a great choice as they have got plenty of varieties for vegetables, ham/salmon and every dressings!

They sent two bread which they baked at the time of your arrival, one of them is sweet with chocolated bits inside. Both taste good.

For main course, we had Short Rib and Prime Sirloin. To be honest, the Short Rib was as good as I thought and it was little burn, the meat itself tasted good and I would consider little dry. The Prime Sirloin looked and tasted much better and kinda juicy, they offered sauce but the meat tasted good enough to have without any sauce.

We both chose Fruit Salad as we were too full a piece of cake. Fruits pieces were placed in a nice plate surrounded by sweet fruit juice and a lemon sorbet (I believe) on the top. We had tea & coffee to end our lunch, which is also included in the set. Overall service was fine but could be improved with a little smile.

Worths for a try but might consider other places for (hotel) set lunches.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I am onion soap fans and this is one of the reasons I visit The Kitchen, the onion soap is ok, strong cheese but lack of onion, cost only 65-75! Great value! Set dinner is expensive, 770 per person. We did not order set dinner as we want to try dessert at other restaurant. Back to the main course, we ordered chicken and beef, turn out the beef is really wonderful! Two person spend around 1100, reasonable! Last but not least, not many choices for wine per glass, quite disappointed about this. To sum up, The Kitchen is worth to try! Just remember this restaurant require smart casual, shirt and long trousers for gentlemen.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I went there with no expectation. It turned out to be really amazing food. The restaurant is with a proper stone oven, that's already very promising when you walk in. We had a set dinner with 5 courses, the bread that serve before the dinner was already soft tender and tasty. Then the set dinner was just full of different taste and it's not something you can get in the other restaurant. It's a good balance of fusion and taste. The best part was the steak, which laterally melt in your mouth, and the touch of the char coal that was just beautiful. The restaurant actually has a variety of meat to choose from the menu, will definitely try those next time!!