“amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Macau
no where
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I go back to Macau every year but this is first time at Altira,
Altira doesn't feel like any other hotel in Macau, the staff are really polite and professional, the hotel itself feels a million miles away from Macau, its really relaxing!
The views from the room are incredible at night, really beautiful.
The Spa is a must try, we had a winter package and it was such value for money, the suites are amazing with bed, jacuzzi, monsoon showers with mood lighting, tea etc. etc.
The only down side is the location is a little far from Macau main bit but as we only stay for 1 night and we have a driver it didn't really bother us!
Would really recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank lalalatracy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Words fail me. They told me that they were upgrading me, but when I realized they had put me in a $4000/night villa instead of the $300/night I had booked, my jaw dropped. I have never stayed in such a place before: A massive suite of rooms with a full-wall skyline view, everything very tastefully designed, not tacky like in Vegas. It's a beautiful place. I was unimpressed by Macau generally, but if you must visit, definitely stay here. The staff was attentive but not imposing. Somehow they always said my weird last name exactly right, something even people in my home country can't do. I still wonder how. I splurged and got the chef's recommended five-course meal at the Italian restaurant, and loved it. Thank you, Altira -- You've spoiled me, and no other hotel will ever measure up.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ACYSingapore
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I've been to Altira a few times and it has never failed me. Friendly, genuinely helpful staff that work very efficiently (which I find rare in Macau sorry to say...!). Room quality is great, clean, sleek, modern and feels spacious.

I had an air con problem with my room and the staff efficiently resolved this within 30 minutes in the middle of the night around 1am. They provided a complimentary later check out time for the time loss in resolving the issue which was a sensible touch.

I had a limousine transfer but was quite disappointed that it was not what all others were describing as Benz, but only a city of dream Nissan minivan - which even turned up late! Not sure if they are cutting cost or...

Other than that - fantastic!

Hotel restaurants - stick to Aurora, Kira is overrated and not too good a Japanese restaurant and Ying is fine too.

I have stayed in other places like Encore suites at Wynn, Mansions at Sofitel, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental and more - all in all a brilliant and comfortable stay and Altira tops the list. I will still stay at Altira should I visit Macau next.

Thanks to all the brilliant staff and well done to Mr Leonard Mok for managing such a great team.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kizzcat
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

Everything about the hotel is classy and made to perfection. From the limousine pickup to drop-off, we thoroughly enjoyed each moment in this lavish hotel. We were a group of 2 couples, and booked 2 normal rooms, but were upgraded to a 2 room villa upon arrival. The villa was something we had never imagined..it was so grand and luxurious that none of us felt like leaving the hotel to see any of Macau...!! Furnishing was tasteful and immaculate. There were 2 jacuzzi, steam room, treadmill, 10 TVs, home theaters, ipod docks, kitchen, personal bar, walk-in wardrobes and study rooms, all within the villa.. spanning some 3000sqft. Villa was on 36th floor with a grand sea view and amazing view of the casinos skyline at night.
Buffet breakfast was good, not great variety but fine food. The lounge was pretty good with live music and good ambiance. It was quite cold, so couldn't enjoy the open lounge which looked pretty amazing. The indoor heated infinity swimming pool had a brilliant ocean view as well. The service was amazing in every respect and I would love to return to Altira if I travel to Macau again. 10/10 on everything! :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at - it's not even a contest, and that's saying something. I always wondered what "world-class service" means, and now I know. On arrival, we were upgraded from a corner suite to a villa. Yes, a villa. The staff was amazing: from the porters to the management, the service was consistently great without being overbearing, even for us average Joe's. The spa was superb - the private room is well worth the extra 500 MOP. Breakfast at the Aurora is wonderful. Housekeping is pristine. The concierge staff could not do enough for us. They even found the eyeglasses that we left behind. No hidden charges or discrepancies on the bill. A PERFECT hotel experience.

A few tips - wait until Macau to change money if you can. I found I got a better deal changing from Yen to MOP, though some casino games only use HKD. House of Dancing Water is nothing short of spectacular. It is by the Hard Rock and Venetian, which are a 5 minute taxi ride from Altira. Taxis are very cheap - 50 MOP was the most we ever paid (about 600 Yen), and that was between Altira and the ferry terminal on the main peninsula.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank Travellin_Chad
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I will give this hotel a six stars. First class service from the moment we were met at the ferry terminal. Hot towels and drinks were served during our limousine transfer to the hotel. Speedy check-in and hot tea were served by our personal porter once we were in the room. Spacious room with beautiful habour view that overlooking Macau main island. Complementary fruits and mini bar with choices of beers and soft drinks. Huge bathroom where the boys enjoyed soaking themselvesin the huge Japanese bath tub every night. Excellent spa services and massages that make me want to come back to Macau just for that. Stayed for two nights and will be back soon!!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LimBeh
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

we have travelled extensively however this hotel has set a whole new standard for us. This (waterview) room has a stunning view and the service is impeccable. Walk in robe, large bathtub, living room area, flat screen TV - we had to force ourselves to venture outside from relaxing in our room. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple