“StarWorld Galaxy Casino for a meeting”
Review of StarWorld Macau

and 1 more site!
StarWorld Macau
Ranked #46 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very good and nery clean hotel and casino resort.... great service...I even got a bottle of wine upon checking into the hotel!! The best part is that everyone is soooo into gambling that the pool was all mine!!!

Room Tip: If you think the rooms facing The Grand Lisboa would be neautiful...yes...but if you need to sleep e...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WanLanun

Reviewed March 27, 2012

After I check-in and enter my room awhile, a sweet call comes from front-desk and the staff asks me whether I am satisfied with the room, and a free plate of fruit is given for thanking me to stay in starworld hotel.
The room is good and all things look new. Perhaps its hotel style is ...grand? so that I think it is not super stylish enough.
I love the room-view very much, there are 3-4 big, famous casino around (wynee, 新葡京, MGM etc). They are shining at night. Staying on the 31st floor, I think my view is much better than that of macau-tower and it is free & 24-hrs!
I do not pay any for the transportation as there are too many free casino shuttle buses running between all hot spots and casinos. What we need to do is to check the routes of buses from the big casinos around. Starworld is around 15-20min walk to Ruins of St. Paul's. It is good that I am easy to go to buy souvenir.
The breakfast buffet is fair good-- yogurt, congee, noodles, bread, fruits etc... Chinese and Western style. Healthy and Tasty.
The only thing need to be reminded --- please bring along body lotion & shampoo. The room is dry and the body lotion provided is not moisturized enough. The shampoo is ...weak? No bubbles at all. I feel that I can't wash my hair clean enough.

Room Tip: It seems that it has "theme" for different rooms. I see there is a "sea/lake" th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank XiaoXiaoYu
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had 2 nights at Starworld over the New Year period! Lovely hotel, very nice staff, amazing view from our room, great breakfast! Never had the need to catch a taxi in Macau due to the buses that run from casino to casino (excellent idea)! But was a bit disappointed that we got charged $4 AUD for some milk for a cup of tea! We paid approx $170 AUD per night, booked through the hotel website!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karen M
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I visit Macau several times a year - not for the gambling but for the food :-) I have tried several hotels during my many stays and still finds Starworld my all time favourite. The hotel is not huge like Venetian or the Galaxy complex and they can therefore provide a more exclusive experience. I do not have to manuover myself among the crowd like I had to when I stayed at Venetian and Wynns. Being located in the main city, I am in close access to my favourite restaurants and eateries. The hotel provides a range of shuttle buses to many locations including the new Galaxy complex. This is useful when I wish to try my luck in one of the large casinos in Cotai.
The rooms here are really spacious and can easily fit an extra bed. Try to request for a room overlooking the lake. I always book a room on the Executive floor so that I can enjoy the view and also be slightly away from the "group" crowd.

Room Tip: Book a room on the Executive Floor overlooking the Lake
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SINTraveller2002
Reviewed November 20, 2011

What a fantastic hotel. Very attentive staff, amazing large rooms, scrumptious breakfast buffet, L'occitane toiletries, amazing views, swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, massive casino, free transfers, a free welcome cake and fruit basket and nearby other large casino hotels like MGM. What else can I say?! Will def be back here!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NilsP
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was my first time visiting Macau. I think if I went back I would stay on the Cotai Strip, however when I was booking rooms, Star World offered a great price, so if you are looking to save a few dollars, this is a good choice. There was a little confusion withy my booking via Expedia since the taxes were not included and they brought the price up about 15%. I was upgraded to a premier suite, which seems to be pretty easy to do based upon other reviews.

Macau itself is geared toward mainland Chinese tourists. If you are looking for more western dining choices, i would suggest the Venetian on the Cotai strip. I felt Starworld's dining was a bit limited in choice, and walking around the surrounding area did not offer much more choice.

I do recommend making use of the free shuttle bus to their sister hotel on the Cotai strip as well as the Sands-Venetian shuttle. Its free, runs frequently and is a nice way to see some of the city.

Room was clean and nice, offered wifi, room service was great when dining options were limited.

Room Tip: Try for an updgrade, they seem to be easy to get and included a free breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank spinkid
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Being a regular vistor (well gambler would be more accurate) of Macau I had never tried the StarWorld. I decided to correct that, as I like the StarWorld casino (it’s one of the most prestigious casino in the city) and I am always seduced by the models with their high heels boots at the entrance! (hey I’m just a man)
The main problem of the starworld is its bling bling aspect. I like the outside design the cube of various colors. I think it’s quite innovative.
The inside design is more boring, it’s just bling bling, and it’s not really good taste.
I don’t like the corridor design, and I don’t like the room design.
However I must admit the room is very comfortable, even though if mine had a strange smell, the quite of smell that make you want to open the windows for an hour or two, but strangely here its not possible to do so : )
I was in the executive floor (the top 3 or 4 floors) and the view is breathtaking.
It must be on the best view possible in Macau.
As I had book two rooms for me & my friends, I could view from above the pool (towards Grand Lisboa) and on the other side (river , bridge and airport view).
Both views were excellent.
Otherwise nothing to write home really. This hotel design is not my style, I think it will please more the Chinese clients than the European clients…
Ah thumbs up to StarWorld for having free internet! It’s so rare in Macau!
The swimming pool is tiny and not very deep, but it offers a spectacular view. Don’t miss it.
If you don’t mind the style, StarWorld is a good option because of :
- Its view